Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Embarassed.  (Read 595 times)

Offline modestaustin811

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
  • blah
    • Poke This Member
Embarassed.
« on: November 25, 2012, 10:40:52 PM »
I've been sick for the last couple days. Tonight I had a bit of a coughing fit, felt really light headed after my heart starting feeling weird. I panicked, ran over to my neighbours house walked in and demanded that they called an ambulance cause I thought I was dying.

They sat and calmed me down for a bit and then I left after 10 minutes, came back home and here I am.

I'm 22 years old. I can't get over this thought that I'm dying, I don't know whats wrong with me.
Bookmark and Share
I'm not on any medication, not seeing a therapist, and I hate life.

Offline jessica92

• Jessica
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
    • Poke This Member
Re: Embarassed.
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2012, 11:21:28 PM »
Hello. I'm Jessica. I'm sorry that this happened to you, but there's no need to be embarrassed because your neighbors seemed to genuinely want to help you out. Just wondering, why did you head over to your neighbor's house?

I see that your signature says that you don't take medication and you don't have a therapist. I can totally understand why some people are opposed to medication, but you should honestly at least give therapy a try. It can't hurt. My therapist has helped me so much. He's able to help me work through my anxiety and give me great tools so that I feel a lot less anxious.

Just a thought. :)
Bookmark and Share
"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"
- Albus Dumbledore

Offline insights

• Rec's: 67
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 01:40:09 AM »

To fix the latter, do something about one of the first two. Seriously. If you're just waiting for this all to go away, better buy a really warm coat for when Hell starts to freeze. The longer you wait the harder it will be to get on top of your problems.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline jessica92

• Jessica
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2012, 05:05:29 AM »

To fix the latter, do something about one of the first two. Seriously. If you're just waiting for this all to go away, better buy a really warm coat for when Hell starts to freeze. The longer you wait the harder it will be to get on top of your problems.

Ian

Yeah, I agree with Ian. I hope you are doing okay!
Bookmark and Share
"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"
- Albus Dumbledore

Offline Hton24

• ~hypo~
  • Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2012, 11:02:12 PM »
Seems like so e good hearted neighbors ... Things happen don't be embarrassed just see a doctor and get on the path to getting your life back.....
Bookmark and Share

Offline sdjw37

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2012, 09:55:45 AM »
there is nothinig to be embarassed about. just the wise thing to do is come up with a plan to when that hits you on what you are going to do. When it happens do your plan. Is not easy to get thru these attacks. Esp if you are dealing with them alone. I have sat in my bed and cried so hard because I felt like there was nothing I could do about them and have a shrink that doesnt really listen and has no idea who I am from one appointment to the next.

Come up with a plan and practice it.

sdjw
Bookmark and Share

Offline bmcornell

• Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2012, 02:30:35 AM »
it is hard to not be embarrassed a couple days ago I had a situation come up I was so embarrassed because im a Correction Officer and this panic attack happened at work and people that I work with saw it. I thought I was having a major medical problem. my supervisor put the prison into emergent status and sent medical staff to me. after being looked over for like 20 min it was determined nothing serious was wrong. so many people saw it I think the shame was worse then the attack. unless someone has been through what we have been through they have no idea what it is like to be sick with out really being sick
Bookmark and Share

Offline jwall378

• Rec's: 5
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2012, 06:02:37 PM »
Don't be embarrassed. What you experienced after the coughing fit is pretty normal. After coughing hard for a while, you can hypo ventilate or also your blood pressure can drop and you can get light headed from either of these scenarios. It's happened to me many times after coughing forcefully.
Bookmark and Share
The more we think about things, the worse they get.

"Don't worry, about a thing. 'Cause every little thing's gonna be alright"-Bob Marley

Offline theguy

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2013, 10:37:55 AM »
dont be embarassed. nothing to be embarassed about. you didnt die. now dont sit on think about this. enjoy life. comeback in a week and tell me...."hey I didnt die" because I know for sure you will not die.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: