Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: how do you know you are sleeping ??  (Read 2303 times)

Offline jessica92

• Jessica
  • Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
    • Poke This Member
Re: how do you know you are sleeping ??
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2012, 11:44:17 PM »
You should try not to do it. That does sound like a scary disease, though. But it is EXTREMELY rare. The chances of you getting it are almost non-existent.
Bookmark and Share
"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"
- Albus Dumbledore

Offline rceler

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2012, 12:50:19 AM »
Yeah will problem is I already done it and I'm fully aware of it now wish i never did Cus now i worry about that dam diease especially since meds don't work for me .... I hardly even used meds much to grow a tolerence to them so quickly
Bookmark and Share

Offline jessica92

• Jessica
    Okay
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2012, 02:08:01 AM »
You should try to talk to yourself logically about it. That can help me at times. I am sure you can find a medication that would work for you. If not, there could be some natural remedies you could try to fall asleep. Have you ever tried drinking herbal tea or warm milk?
Bookmark and Share
"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"
- Albus Dumbledore

Offline rceler

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2012, 02:24:14 AM »
I have tried all otc meds benadrly nyquel herbal bedtime teas ... Hydroxyzine triazolam ambein lunesta xanax ativan none of these work ambein work only for like 3 hrs but then stoped pretty much ... Only thing left is seroquel or trazodone that i hear but i really rather sleep on my own then use meds because don't wanna be addicted and don't wanna be dependant on a drug for sleep what challenges me most is my crazy work hours that i need to change I work grave yard hours and havin sleep problems don't help with this at all oviously but my sleep problems started before working these hours this just made it worse for me
Bookmark and Share

Offline Jade1

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2012, 07:39:27 AM »
I feel the same way as you do about sleeping. I have all these weird dreams lately, however I feel like I'm not really sleeping...I don't know if that's possible.  My doctor has prescribed me something to sleep better but I dont want to take it, as I'm already taking Celexa.

I've also been twitching all over for the past few weeks, and I've been so afraid of some neurological diseases...I don't know what to do.
Bookmark and Share

Offline rceler

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2012, 08:00:41 AM »
Good luck with ur situation ... Yeah ur better off not trying any pills because they only mess u up worse I think in the long run ...  This has gone on for 2 months almost for me and i wish everyday I could be normal like I was before ... All I can hope is time will heal me and whatever going on in my brain ... I took sleep pills but i haven't took any SSRIs or antiphsycotics yet ....I would really like to do this natural and heal myself on my own ...
Bookmark and Share

Offline Jade1

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2012, 11:39:48 AM »
I thought I wanted to take care of it on my own at first, but at some point it was not possible anymore, that's why I started the SSRI's. At first they work ( for about a month I would say) but then I started having symptoms again. Not sleeping well, twitching constantly and floaters in one eye. Then I read about CJD and MS, and that made everything even worse. Last night I started panicking reading about these diseases online.

I read you are twitching as well...I feel like it might be because we are not sleeping well. I hope we both get better.
I called to take another appointment with the neuro this morning...I hope she will be able to tell me what s going on.
Bookmark and Share

Offline rceler

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2012, 03:07:23 PM »
Yeah hopefully everything will work out I saw the a neuro doc also but he wasn't of much help I did get a mri scan but that's all and sleeping pills which did not work for me... Yeah i twitch off and on and my ears ring all the time .... It's horriable and I'm unsure what it all is from but I fear FFI because i am displaying all the symptoms
Bookmark and Share

Offline Jade1

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2012, 04:05:09 PM »
I had never read about that condition before I joined this board, but I think it is very unlikely you have FFI. It is extremely rare. Plus, since you suffer from anxiety, I would tend to think that's the cause of you not sleeping. Everytime I'm very anxious I don't sleep well at all. Right now (for the past few weeks) I feel like I'm not rested because I am not sleeping and and always stressed.
Bookmark and Share

Offline rceler

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2012, 04:30:42 PM »
Yeah I know it rare and yeah it could be anixety but what gets me is anixety medicine which normally calms people down like xanax I used buspar it relaxes me but still not able to sleep ... So guess that's what makes me think its something more then anixety especially since it gone on this long ... but Idk either myself i searched for answers so far no luck finding any
Bookmark and Share

Offline jessica92

• Jessica
    Okay
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2012, 12:16:39 AM »
I think that if you are too anxious, you still won't be able to fall asleep, even with sleeping meds. If I take a sleeping pill and am really anxious about something, I can still stay up freaking out about it. You need to calm yourself down when you take a sleeping pill. Try reading a book or something like that.
Bookmark and Share
- Albus Dumbledore

Offline Jade1

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2012, 08:06:28 AM »
I agree, If I take a Xanax and I'm extremely anxious, then there s no way I can sleep.
Bookmark and Share

Offline rceler

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2012, 06:54:37 PM »
Yeah i figured the sleep pills would lower anxiety and put u to sleep since it slows down ur brain .. my GP told me he recommends me to get on the lexapro so does my neuro and so does my physic ... I had a MRI came back normal my GP gave me a RX for restrol teazapam think I spelled that wrong lol will it helped me sleep but its a benzo so i know i cant use that all the time or else the problem gets worse ... There really no easy fix only way is by getting natural sleep .... Happy turkey day to u guys !!
Bookmark and Share

Offline jessica92

• Jessica
    Okay
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2012, 07:48:36 PM »
That's good that the MRI came back normal and that you found something you can use occasionally. I hope you are a lot less worried about that disorder now. :) I hope you had a good Thanksgiving. Try to relax before bed and I'm sure it will help at least a little bit!
Bookmark and Share
- Albus Dumbledore

Offline rceler

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #44 on: November 26, 2012, 12:04:17 AM »
Yea i am a little less worried ... Just taking it day by day ... Jus hoping for continued improvement...
Bookmark and Share

Tags: