Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Struggle every day :(  (Read 359 times)

Offline jodstar

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Struggle every day :(
« on: November 04, 2012, 09:15:04 PM »
Hi im Jodie.
Everyday i struggle with Anxiety. The intrusive thoughts, worried about dying always checking my pulse, as soon as i get chest pain of any type i go into shock, thinking the worse. I feel the slightest twinge in my bsdy and i panic. Im lightheaded most days. When i walk i feel off balance. Stantionary objects seem like they are moving. My legs go very weak, racing heart from know where. I feel like i have a Devil whith in side me that wont let me relax and shut my mind off. I do take a Kalma Tablet when i need to, which i could do that easily everyday, but i try my hardest not to. Im 47 pretty active, i dont smoke but do have a couple od drinks a night. So are all these SYMPTOMS for REAL ????? Is it just ANXIETY.............OVER IT.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 161
    • Poke This Member
Re: Struggle every day :(
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2012, 06:07:20 AM »
Welcome  the forum. Good to have you as a member. Everything you describe sounds exactly like anxiety. Derealization. It is something you can look up. It can make things feel distorted. Make you feel off balance. Everything you mentioned in your post. Just another symptom of anxiety. But one of the biggest symptoms. Alcohol is never the correct answer. That only makes you worse the next day. Distraction is what most of us use. Finding things to do. To give our minds something else to think about. Good chatroom here too. 3 posts to enter the room. Enjoy the forum.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline gcalex

• Rec's: 46
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2012, 12:22:10 PM »
These are all textbook anxiety symptoms.  If you have had a checkup and been told you are OK, then you have anxiety.  I suggest you begin to take a more active approach to dealing with it, although it is very hard.  Breathing exercises can help calm the mind and body.  Cognitive behavioral therapy can give you the tools to challenge your by now automatic negative thoughts which are perpetuating the disorder.  Millions of people have improved or recovered from anxiety disorders, but it won't go away by itself. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline JeromeL

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2012, 11:29:24 AM »
Sorry to hear that. I hope things get better for you.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Got help

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2012, 11:34:46 PM »
Bless your heart.  I know exactly what you're talking about.   I've been afraid for years that these attacks, feeling like a heart attack, were actually going to take a toll on my heart and cause it to fail.  I didn't want to be mellowed by prescription meds that are so expensive and may or may not help me.  Having experience with homeopathic remedies working, I decided to give that a try and OMG what a relief!  I ordered Anxiety #320 and since receiving it I have been almost completely free - but for the occasional feeling that an attack is eminent.  Taking a dose of the remedy stops it dead in it's tracks. 

I'm 20 years older now but feel like I have returned to the person I was before attacks started. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline jodstar

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2013, 04:26:56 PM »
Thanx everyone for your replys. Just wondering what that Anxiety remedie that stops an attack in its tracks ? I had the worst attack last night. All was good then bang, heart went racing, felt faint, the  i just felt what can i do, checked my blood pressure and it was210/110, then get the urge to use my bowels. It lasted for about an hour. Never been so scared, nearly rang ambo........Is this normal anxiety. Never had it that bad before.     Some help please ;(
Bookmark and Share

Offline Pillow_Pants

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2013, 02:29:06 AM »
GAH! I would have sworn that I wrote this post, as you sound exactly like me! I check my pulse about 200 times a day and then panic. . . I am so sorry you are going through this. It feels as if you are not yourself and something is controlling you. I as well have had the sudden spike in heart rate and high blood pressure, then dizziness and faint, hard to breathe. It seems to take me a long time for it to stop, usually an hour or more, then I am left shaky for the rest of the day. Have you kept a journal of these attacks?
Bookmark and Share
Realize deeply that the present moment is all you have. Make the NOW the primary focus of your life.
-Eckhart Tolle

Offline jodstar

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2013, 04:55:36 PM »
Hi Pillow Pants, yes im checking my pulse all the time as well, but that was the scariest in a long time the other night. I went to the Dr yesterday after work and they going to put a Heart Monitor on me nest week and do a EGC............again. Ha been a few years though. When that attack happened it was lasting for ever and that feeling that comes across you is TERRIBLE. :(. Just wondering are you thinking all day long the worst ? I just cant turn that off, im so fined tuned into my body its not funny..........i feel everything. Also im always lightheaded, off balance feeling !! is that normal with ANXIETY????
I just wish one day i could get out off Bed and feel Normal and not wake up and think another day here we go again, what new things will appear today :traurig001:
I have not been taking a Journal of this , should i ?
Thanx for your reply its nice when you can talk to someone.
Cheers  :spineyes:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Pillow_Pants

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2013, 05:06:40 PM »
A heart monitor is a good start. Hopefully it is all clear for you. I have done a 24 hour monitor and a 5 day event monitor. Both showed nothing but a little tachycardia even when I can feel PVC's and PAC's they don't show upon the monitor. (Or so it's all in my head) I think the worst all day long as well. Literally, as if something else in controlling my thoughts. I read a book over the summer called The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle. It was a really good book on how to distract your thoughts from running around and get them back to the present moment. I wake up lightheaded almost every single day from this anxiety. It's so hard to believe all of these symptoms are just anxiety related, I know. I especially have horrible vertigo, my husband often sees me stumble sideways into walls  :( luckily for me he laughs it off and makes uplifting comments so that I don't freak out about it. When I do have a good, non dizzy day, I try to make the very best of them. So far I've had 2 in an entire month  :angry: As far as the journal goes, my neurologist suggested this to me, to see if there is a pattern that may be hormone related as hormones are a nasty thing as well, that can bring on terrible anxiety and panic. You can print a blank calendar from google and just start marking the days every day before bed with a 1-10 number on how bad your symptoms were that day, then circle the first day of your period in red, so you know your cycle. Do it for a few months and bring it in to your next appointment. It may or may not have some glimmer of answer for you. For me, so far there is no real pattern on my calendar. Which confirms that it is simply the anxiety demon within trying to take over my life.
Bookmark and Share
Realize deeply that the present moment is all you have. Make the NOW the primary focus of your life.
-Eckhart Tolle

Tags: