Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Should I go to the doctor.... Again???  (Read 459 times)

Offline Angelofworry

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Should I go to the doctor.... Again???
« on: October 30, 2012, 08:10:21 PM »
So I was seen in the doctors office last week as I was having some arm pain. My arm hurt but I couldn't pinpoint where the pain was coming from, it just ached like a toothache. He couldn't find anything physically wrong with my arm and couldn't cause the pain with movement or pressure. He also couldnt find any swelling, etc. At that appointment we discussed my health anxiety and he prescribed me lexapro.

A week later I went back to the doctor because my arm was still hurting...less, but still hurting and now the OTHER arm was hurting as well!! Doc asked how my lexapro was going and I told him I stopped taking it after three days due to wicked side effects. He then proceeded to discuss my anxiety. I did agree to counseling. However he never even looked at my other arm! He told me my anxiety is probably causing my muscles to ache. He told me to go for a jog (I'm a runner... Or used to be) and get a massage, and go to counseling.

NOW today my left leg hurts! Same sort of pain that's in my arms! Part of me wants to seek a second opinion... After all I could be running around with bone cancer, or lupus, or fibromyalgia.... And wouldn't even know it.... I'm just frustrated because now that my doctor has labeled me with health anxiety he no longer takes me serious... Should I seek a second opinion? Or go for a jog and counseling?

Please help!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Mel2674

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Should I go to the doctor.... Again???
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 10:56:03 PM »
hey, did you ever find out what was wrong? im having the same symptoms!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Moebearocka1980

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 11:17:45 PM »
I'm having the same problems too and have been for a year. All tests normal. We can't all be dying from the same disease. It's much more likely to be anxiety but that's much harder for our HA mind to accept.
Bookmark and Share
"Fear defeats more people than any other one thing in the world.  ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline RussulaEmetica

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2014, 12:29:20 AM »
When I was deep into my HA my legs, arms, and neck hurt on and off all the time. Since pushing through most of my anxiety, I've been feeling way less achy. Maybe just coincidence, but glad it's gone.

I also attributed some of the arm pain in particular to blood draws, seemed to throb for a good week after the tests were done.

Good luck and don't forget that anxiety can cause a whole mess of discomforts beyond the mental ones.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Angelofworry

• Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2014, 11:31:58 PM »
I DID find out what was wrong!! It really was all "just" anxiety. Don't underestimate the effects anxiety and stress have on the body. And these symptoms have gone away for me. I hope you feel better soon!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: