Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Is anxiety keeping me from enjoying my day?  (Read 487 times)

Offline Manick

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Is anxiety keeping me from enjoying my day?
« on: July 28, 2012, 02:38:54 PM »
Sigh... I just spent about 30 minutes typing up a very long and detailed post about the problem I am having and then accidentally clicked on something I didn't mean to, so most of my post was killed.  So now I'm going to just share the short version.

I suffer from ADD, Depression, CPPS (Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndrome) and possibly anxiety.  My ADD and CPPS is being treated fairly well, and my depression almost feels non-existent during the mornings.  I am trying to figure out if anxiety is keeping me from enjoying myself.  During the mornings, I always feel refreshed, open-minded, and focused.  But as the day progresses, I am not sure if anxiety is contributing to my inability to enjoy the rest of my day.  Lately it seems like I have hit a rut, and I am finding it very difficult to simply just jump into an activity.  This is partially because I cannot help but overthink why I am doing things, what the meaning of any of it is, and if I will be spending my time wisely or not.  The time of day has a big influence on my mood, and I am not sure if it gets worse because I am over-thinking and worrying about things, or if its simply due to my depression.

Any help is appreciated.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Celine1

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Is anxiety keeping me from enjoying my day?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2012, 07:39:37 PM »
Definitely sounds like anxiety. You may want to look into CBT, it works well for anxiety and teaches you how not to over-think things.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Manick

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2012, 01:47:11 PM »
What is CBT?  Also, bump hoping for more feedback.

I recently started drinking a bit of alcohol during the early day, because I find that getting a little buzzed gives me some of the courage and confidence I need to initiate certain tasks, especially when it comes to talking to people and asking them if they want to do something together.  I also have recently been prescribed Clonazepam .5 mg, and it says its for anxiety, but its really a shot in the dark to see if it helps mitigate my Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndrome pain, which it seems to help with.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Celine1

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2014, 02:55:05 PM »
Manick I am so sorry I never got a notification reply and assumed the site went away. I hope you are still around and doing better. I will post more about CBT on as new thread for you since this one is so old.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: