Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Really freaking out about night sweats!!!! someone please help!!  (Read 699 times)

Offline freckley13

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
So since my most current bout of anxiety which has lasted approx a little over 2 months, I have been waking up EVERY NIGHT sweat. let me explain my symptoms.  I will wake up either 1) feeling extremely hot and flushed with the back of my neck, chest, and legs sweaty, or 2) will wake up feeling extremely hot and flushed and then start sweating in those same spots. I was sleeping in boxers and tank with my window open, the temp usually is aroun 65-69 degrees in my room, i sleep with a sheet, quilt and comforter. I have now gone to sleeping in the nude and it seems that i get much more sweaty sleeping like this. I have not noticed that my sheets are wet, maybe a TINY damn if anything. I am taking Lexapro, xanax and clonazepam. I am terrified this is lemphome or leukemia!!! UGH PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME
Bookmark and Share

Offline Anxiousintexas247

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Really freaking out about night sweats!!!! someone please help!!
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 06:48:39 PM »
Anxiety can cause sweating, and since ive been taking medication ive noticed i have night sweats.
Bookmark and Share

Offline freckley13

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2012, 07:17:46 PM »
I feel like when one symptom disapears another one replaces it!! but this one has been constant. some nights it very very mild just the back of my neck and face and other nights its my neck my chest my legs, I am really losing it over this!! I cant stop googling night sweats... i dont know what to do... I just want some magic pill to make everything better, I am tired of thinking/knowing that something is really wrong with me!!! i am just convinced I have lymphoma or leukemia!!! does anyone else experience night sweats every night? is my room to hot at temps between 64-69 UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:traurig001:
Bookmark and Share

Offline sugarcookie

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2012, 07:24:07 PM »
Maybe sleeping with your window open you are getting some humidity in your room.  I don't know where you live, but here in Houston that's a major issue.  I sleep with air conditioning, a ceiling fan and a little fan by my bed.  I've had some night sweats before and I'm pretty sure it was hormonal.   
Bookmark and Share

Offline freckley13

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2012, 07:27:40 PM »
i live in washington state, humidity is not a huge issue.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cloudyday

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2012, 09:54:40 PM »
I started getting night sweats about three years ago.  I thought it was a side effect of lithium,  but I'm no longer on it and they are still there.  My doctor says it's fine.  I've had blood work done at least three times since they started for annuals and such.  Nothing is showing up.  It drives me crazy but there it is.
Bookmark and Share

Offline freckley13

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2012, 10:06:46 PM »
It's so annoying.  All it does it make me worry more and more.  It seems like I am fine and then I wake up and feel extremely hot and start sweating. It's just another thing to add to my symptom list. I go see my psychiatrist tomorrow so hopefully I can talk to her about this. I am at my wits end though. I  so tired of feeling this way I could just scream!!!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline vardnas

• Rec's: 81
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2012, 10:44:55 PM »
It could also be hormonal. And right now, trust me, your stress hormones are all out of whack.

For night sweats to be harbingers of anything "bad" they need to be like drenching, change the bed sheets, soak down to the mattress type of night sweats. Waking up hot or sweaty, even if you're in a cool room, doesn't really mean anything.
Bookmark and Share
In case anyone is still confused:  googling your symptoms will cause you to remain in a state of extreme anxiety. Stepping away from the internet is the first step toward lasting peace.

Offline Cloudyday

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2012, 10:47:01 PM »
I am also at my wits end today about completely different symptoms.  I really relate to your post.  An odd thing about my night sweats is that they are almost always about 1 and 1/2 hours after I fall asleep.

An mine are those drenching kind!
Bookmark and Share

Offline freckley13

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2012, 01:09:12 AM »
Mine are never really drenching. My legs get sweaty along with my chest and back of neck and almost always right before I wake up.
Bookmark and Share

Offline merris

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2013, 04:24:53 PM »
I know yhis is old but i am going threw this for the last several minths. All blood work and tests are clear. All i do is obsess about this happening again and why!  :fragend005:
Bookmark and Share

Offline hamsterswheel

• Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2013, 05:36:14 PM »
Well they are back for me too.

I have not had them since I stopped my anxiety med maybe 2 months ago. I'm back taking them again past few nights and they are back. That my anxiety is at an all time high too I'm so worried I'm struggling to eat or sleep much so I don't know what's causing it. Or could it be the all the nodes I can feel!!!!
Bookmark and Share

Online Allytiel90

• Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2013, 06:52:43 PM »
I've had them a month and a half. I'm 23. Had a baby 16 months ago. They are never drenching and I had a two week absence of them in the middle. Very odd. I've had an ultrasound of all the middle organs like my gallbladder, stomach, pancreas, spleen etc all came back totally normal. Total blood work up three months ago for an unrelated issue that was also perfectly normal. I keep insisting to my doc I know I have lymphoma so he finally got me a chest X-ray yesterday and it was normal. I just don't understand. I don't really have swollen nodes except some tiny ones in my groin. My doc feels for nodes all But never feels anything. I was itching a lot for two weeks real recently but that's eased up the last week. I just don't know what to make of the sweating at night :(. Never drenching, but it makes my dollar damp and my undies around my groin and sometimes under my knees. So freaking weird. Doc doesn't at all think it's lymphoma but at the same time he doesn't know why I'm sweating at night.
Bookmark and Share

Offline 2sungo

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2013, 07:31:24 PM »
Sometimes SSRIs can cause sweating when first going on them.  I had some night sweats last winter/spring when I was upping the Lexapro to deal with a return of anxiety after years of peace, of course I worried it was something else, but it has gone away except for rare occasions.  Anxiety can also do the same thing, so sometimes it hard to figure out if its the anxiety and/or the meds.  If its the meds, it should get better with time, and if its anxiety, and the meds are effective, it will also get better with time.
Bookmark and Share

Online Allytiel90

• Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2013, 07:51:27 PM »
For me it's not the meds, as I started sweating before I started taking them.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: