Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Left side hurts to the touch. Getting really scared!  (Read 6462 times)

Offline Mrs.G

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Left side hurts to the touch. Getting really scared!
« on: May 07, 2012, 07:21:40 AM »
I'm having pain on my left side just above my hip. It's more on my actual side, than on the front of my stomach.  I noticed it because it really hurts to touch it.  If I press on it, it is really sore. It is also very uncomfortable to try to lay on my left side.  If I'm not pressing, it is more a slight discomfort than acutal pain.  I have IBS, and am also having a lot of gurgling, bloating, and gas too. I feel just really slow and tired, and just blah. I'm not running a fever.  Could this left side pain, be related to my IBS?  I'm not thinking kidneys because it's not really around the back, and I'm not having trouble urinating, and it's not a sharp pain (unless I'm pressing). I'm scared it could be diverticulitis.  A friend of mine had it years ago really bad, and it landed him in the hospital for over a week.   Any idea what this could be?  I'm trying to keep my anxiety at bay, and not start panicking about this, but it started yesterday morning and now that I'm on day 2 of it, I'm starting to get really scared.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Finexceptwhenot

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Left side hurts to the touch. Getting really scared!
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 10:43:11 AM »
My bf just went to the ER yesterday with EXACTLY the same symptoms as you, and the same fears.  Just a minor UTI.  Apparently they don't always cause the burning pee.  She also drinks water and cranberry juice like its going out of style.  They did blood work and a CT scan.  However, if you google left side pain diverticulitis always comes up.  It's not very common, actually.  They told her lots of people come in "knowing" they have it and it ends up being a UTI or indigestion.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Mrs.G

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Left side hurts to the touch. Getting really scared!
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 12:04:18 PM »
Thank you so much for responding!  That does ease my fears a little! 

Was her pain really bad when touched on the side??  I feel like the pain is getting stronger, and I'm really having trouble keeping my fears in check.  I HATE going to the Dr., and hate when I panic and run to the ER too.  I feel like something is going on, and I need to have it checked, but I just don't know what to do.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: