Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Questions to those who overcame Anxiety !!!!  (Read 3828 times)

Offline Elissa13

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Questions to those who overcame Anxiety !!!!
« on: April 04, 2012, 01:24:54 PM »
Iv been battling with Anxiety fopr about 9 months, but i suffered with severe anxiety these past 3 months. i had all the symptoms that come with it. i had panic attacks everyday. the constant head pain, the shortness of breathe, derealization, the chest pain, heart pain, the extreme wierd feeling, basicaly felt like i was living under a cloud and in constant fear of everything. Finaly, about 2 weeks ago  i started overcoming this. i put my trust in the Lord and wonderful things happened to me. i am no longer scared. but.. i still get those annoying symptoms. the main one being shortness of breath and head pain. now my question is, even tho im not extremely nervous anymore, i feel great, i still get that shortness of breath, is it possible it will take more time for certain symptoms to go away? thank u so much for ur answers. God bless xoxox
Bookmark and Share
This world is NOT our home; we are just passing through!!!

Offline Soliss

• Rec's: 12
  • Overthinking...bad...
    • Poke This Member
Re: Questions to those who overcame Anxiety !!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 03:57:11 PM »
I don't think anxiety is something you ever overcome entirely...it's part of who you are.  You just learn to manage it.

So will you always have symptoms that you attribute to anxiety?  I would say yes. 

Don't think of it as a bad thing...it just 'is'.  It's like having blonde hair or brown hair...that's part of you.  But you can manage it successfully...
Bookmark and Share
When life gives you lemons, just make the damn lemonade and don't overthink it...

Offline Elissa13

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 06:01:26 PM »
what do u mean?
Bookmark and Share
This world is NOT our home; we are just passing through!!!

Online greenzebra

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2012, 02:45:43 PM »
Bump to this...I'm going through the same thing and was curious as well.
Bookmark and Share

Offline bryan3000

• Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2013, 09:11:33 PM »
Most people who truly address their conditions properly do become symptom free. I'm not there yet, but getting closer and closer.
There are scores of people who no longer have physical symptoms that disrupt life.

Will we have a tummy ache or a headache from stress?  Sure, the body will keep doing its job. But severe, life-altering, persistent symptoms
go away when the body calms down.

Congrats to Elissa for making strides!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Happy sailing

• Mood: Flirty
    Flirty
  • I sought the Lord He delivered me from all my fear
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2013, 09:41:58 AM »
Elissa -
I am not an expert, however, I agree with bryan3000.
I believe we can be "symptom free".  Also,, like he said, the body will still do it's thing.  So, I think just like for any other preventative measures thing, whether we want o avoid diabetes or cancer or what have you, we need to continue to take the right steps.
I have only bern dealing with the anxiety etc issues I have had for over a year.brought on by prolonged stress, and some trauma.  I also know, by doctor's test results to confirm it, the stress has done some things to me physically, which I feel has been a big contributing factor to where I am at now.
  However, I also believe I will get better.
I am also a believer and I think it is great that you put your trust in the Lotd!
For me, as I said, I know there are physical elements involved that have thrown my chemistry off etc.  I am exercising, talk therapy, using meds etc.  I do believe there is a practical aspect to it.  I am getting better though, and as I said, I believe I will make a full "recovery". 
I know people get and have anxiety for different reasons/causes, including emotional issues/trauma, physical causes etc. so the journey, it's length, and the practical things one is to do to help can vary.
However, I believe one can recover fully.  :yes:
Hope this helps! Hugs  :angel-smiley-006:
Bookmark and Share
Wiiliam Shakespeare :       
“Frame thy mind to mirth and merriment, which bars a thousand harms, and lengthens life”

Offline msaurabh

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2013, 03:10:14 AM »
hey i need some help ... due to aniety i have started blamming me for each and every small thngs i do . it includes even if i abuse sombody i l feel that i did hurt him. THEN I HAD A GF. I GOT A LIL PHYSICAL WITH HER. DIDNT HAVE SEX. BT SOMHOW CAME TO KNOW FROM SOMWER THAT SHE ISNT VIRGIN. I DONT KNOW Y BIT M BLAMMING ME FOR THS SINCE I BROKE UP WITH HER AND THAT SHE COULDNOT CONTROL HER EMOTIONS AND DID SOMTHNG WRONG. I FEEL I HAVE LOST THE RIGHT TO BE HAPPY. apart from ths i have to put efforts to be happy. i dnt know y ths is happening. i knw all ths thngs are so so stupid thinkings and nothing else. pls make feel that i have all the right to be happy and lead it in the way i want. i know m doing a great job for my parents. bt still m not calm and peacful. help me with that
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunburn

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2013, 03:04:34 AM »
Iv been battling with Anxiety fopr about 9 months, but i suffered with severe anxiety these past 3 months. i had all the symptoms that come with it. i had panic attacks everyday. the constant head pain, the shortness of breathe, derealization, the chest pain, heart pain, the extreme wierd feeling, basicaly felt like i was living under a cloud and in constant fear of everything. Finaly, about 2 weeks ago  i started overcoming this. i put my trust in the Lord and wonderful things happened to me. i am no longer scared. but.. i still get those annoying symptoms. the main one being shortness of breath and head pain. now my question is, even tho im not extremely nervous anymore, i feel great, i still get that shortness of breath, is it possible it will take more time for certain symptoms to go away? thank u so much for ur answers. God bless xoxox

Shortness of breath is a common symptom of anxiety. I might suggest that you aren't QUITE completely over anxiety yet, but it looks like you are making some steps towards it. It's a bit of a circle, anxiety causes you to monitor your breathing, and your breath will feel short (it actually isn't until you start hyperventilating). This causes more anxiety.

What helped me with breathing was this. Go ahead and hold your breath for as long as you can. You'll notice that eventually your body says enough is enough and literally forces you to breathe. No matter how anxious you are, you will NEVER EVER not breathe. Your body automatically overrides any sort of anxiety disorder, you just don't feel like it does. Even if you pass out, your body will automatically give you air, just as it does when you're sleeping.

I am not religious, but you say you have faith in the lord. Well have faith in the body he gave you as well. Your lungs will not let you down.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Happy sailing

• Mood: Flirty
    Flirty
  • I sought the Lord He delivered me from all my fear
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2013, 07:38:48 PM »
I like that Sunburn! "have faith in the body He gave you as well... Your lungs won't let you down"
Cool!! Thanks  :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share
Wiiliam Shakespeare :       
“Frame thy mind to mirth and merriment, which bars a thousand harms, and lengthens life”

Tags: