Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Wow...severe lower back pain out of nowhere  (Read 11518 times)

Offline Kev30

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Wow...severe lower back pain out of nowhere
« on: February 08, 2012, 06:44:35 PM »
I was taking a shower today and I got out got dressed, went to put a sock on and OMG almost fell to the ground in pain...my lower back felt like it was broken...literally out of nowhere.  It's still here I can't stand up straight because of the pain.  Of course my first thought is some sort of cancer because I know lower back pain can be related to cancer so I'm trying to stay calm and not google, which is why I post here instead.

I've been working out the past week on and off, not everyday though and that includes weights.  I also lift my 16 month old son a lot and I'm pretty sure it's not proper lifting.  Anyway any input is so greatly appreciated.  I'm just praying it goes away cuz if it doesn't I don't even want tot hink about what it might be  :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ravens Lady

• Rec's: 42
  • As a Lady thinks, so she is.....
    • Poke This Member
Re: Wow...severe lower back pain out of nowhere
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 07:26:13 PM »
Hi Kev,

If you lift a lot (and not properly) and also lift heavy weights while working out, that might affect you having this back pain.  Back pain is such a common ailment for people, even in the generally healthy and sometimes young, because unfortunately, our anatomy puts a lot of pressure and stress on our spine due to the fact that we walk on 2's versus walking on 4's.  Animals that walk on 4's have their weight evenly distributed in more areas, but being that we walk upright, we have a lot of pressure on some of those joints and disks.  The reason I bring this up is just to remind that that back pain is common. 

Also, if your back suddenly became painful in a moment while you were bending over to put on a sock, this would also point to the fact that your pain is probably due to a pulled muscle connected to your back or a temporary alignment issue.  (I think)

Usually that sort of pain goes away.  Something happened to me like that a few years ago, and I was in a lot of pain for a few days, but luckily it went away within a week or so.  I imagine you will probably have a similar story... but keep in mind even if it didn't go away fast, it still doesn't mean its serious, you may just have to be careful about how you lift and move for a while.

Hope you are feeling better soon!
-Ravens Lady

Bookmark and Share

Offline Kev30

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 10:45:01 PM »
THank you for the reply...I am hoping I have some improvement when I wake up otherwise I'm gonna be even more nervous lol
Bookmark and Share

Offline LindaRK

• Rec's: 35
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2012, 12:41:21 AM »
I've had things like that happen from doing something as simple as pulling a dish out of the dishwasher.  One time I was in bed on major pain meds for 2 days.  Some tend to think it's a muscle strain or pull.  Then there are those (like me) who think much of this sort of pain is emotional based/repressed emotions.  Alot of truth to that.  I mean, if you're bending over and pulling on your socks every day of your life, why all of a sudden, one day, you collapse?  Gotta be another reason .... and I've got alot of repressed emotions going on.  Makes sense to me.  Hope you feel better soon - it's painful.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: