Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: feeling sick like i have the flu  (Read 3975 times)

Offline Nessa

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
feeling sick like i have the flu
« on: August 01, 2007, 08:03:46 PM »
Hi everyone I'm new too this and i'm really glad i found this place I've read alot about the things everyone posted and it really does help alot!!! to know i'm not the only one and there's alot of people dealing with this anxiety too :angel-smiley-006: But i was like allot of you i was sick for about a year and i'm still sick just recently they said it was anxiety because i took every test anyone could take and it all came back normal. I didn't know anxiety can cause you too feel so ill i have upset stomachs, nausea, bad headaches, tired all the time, restless legs, anxious, i basically feel like i have the flu everday and i was wondering if anyone else gets this tightness in there chest it feels real heavy like someone is standing on it i don't know if i explained that good? but i was wondering if that's normal with anxiety?? I've tryed Lexapro and Pacil but my stomach is to senstive thoses medicines made  me feel so much worst. But now i'm on Desipramine i started with 10m only at night at first i felt sick taking that too than i cut it in half and took it like that for a week and than started taking the whole 10m i felt sick at first than after about to weeks i started too feel not so bad. But now i went to the doctor and now i'm taking 10m one at night and one in the morning and i feel soo sick :traurig001: :traurig001: I really do hate this anxiety!!! and i know it takes time to work but i was wondering if anyone took this medicine or any others that make them feel so sick at first than started feeling better after your body got use to it??
Bookmark and Share

Offline Titus

• Just Joined!
    • Poke This Member
Re: feeling sick like i have the flu
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2007, 11:41:31 PM »
Hey Nessa,

Like you, my anxiety symptoms come out as feeling physically ill...especially in the GI tract.  My doctor put me on 20mg prozac as well as 2mg klonopin daily and this treatment has been very effective in treating the anxiety.  after about 2 months on the prozac, I can now eat normally and dont feel the extreme nausea that I once did.  It just needs time to work and that seems to be the hardest part because every day can feel like the worst day of your life.  Just hang in there and know that with treatment from your doctor, your symptoms WILL go away.  Also, if you are having really extreme nausea, have your doctor perscribe you and antiemetic (anti-nausea) drug.  Those always took the edge off for me until I was able to gain more control.  Just know that people feel just like you do and things always get better!!!  Smile at least once a day and always realize your physical symptoms are simply a result of your mental state.

I wish you only the best,

Ryan
Bookmark and Share

Offline ocdengineer

• Rec's: 30
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2007, 11:16:46 AM »
I agree that you may want to try a benzodiazepene.  I also had a hard time dealing with antidepressants and the benzo was so much better for me.  They have far less side effects, work very well and quickly, but they can cause dependency.  For me it was a no brainer, because I was tired of living an anxiety ridden life, but for others it is a huge deal.  Many of the antidepressants are also dependency forming as well.  My mother is now trying to wean off of Paxil as we speak and I am afraid that is going to be hard for her.  It all comes down to whether or not you can live with your symptoms or not. 

There are ways to work on your anxiety without using meds such as meditation, CBT, eating well, avoiding drugs like caffeine, nicotine, and alcohol, exercise, etc. These will all help, but if they don't help then meds may be the final option.

I wish you well!  I can totally empathize with your situation.  I felt sick most of the time before as well.

Good luck,
OE
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nessa

• Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2007, 01:47:50 PM »
Thanks alot thats gives me more hope!!! I'll ask my doctor about that because I do get really bad nausea. But I know that it takes time and after I get this anxiety undercontrol it will be ok. its just hard :( but i did talk too my doctor and he told me to only take the 10m at night untill my body gets use too it than eventually I'll be able to take 2. I still feel sick but not as bad  :angel-smiley-006: and also I've been upset and stressed out lately so that's probably making it worst too but i do go to my counselor she helps alot shes works with my doctor and she said that she was going to give me some exercises to do after my doctor gets my meds undercontrol but it does help just to be able to talk to someone about it :angel-smiley-006: but thanks alot!!!! When you said you felt sick and ill did you also feel like you had the flu everday? Thanks so much i really appreciate all your help :happy0062:
Bookmark and Share

Tags: