Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Pain under left armpit/into shoulder and tingling fingers.  (Read 22466 times)

Offline deeferlynn

• Rec's: 2
  • Que sera, sera
    • Poke This Member
Pain under left armpit/into shoulder and tingling fingers.
« on: January 21, 2012, 12:55:02 AM »
For bloody hell sakes. Earlier I was driving to school and I got like a sharp pain in my back under my left armpit area (where the muscle is I believe) and it felt like when your underwire of your bra pokes/jabs at you. But I don't wear a bra for that reason because I panic. Anywho, with some Ibuprofen, the pain went away. But now, the pain is dull like a pinched nerve or pulled muscle and it's going into my hand and making the fingers tingle. Plus at times it feels like it's a bit swollen because my arm feels like it's sitting alittle further out from my side (if that makes any sense). I'm nervous that the pain is lung cancer or the lump is a tumor that is growing. I really hate this, and I apologize to keep posting about what seems to be the same thing. I'm just scared and need reassurance.
Thanks
Bookmark and Share
"Just a heads up: 90% of the things you worry about will never happen. 90% of the things that happen will never occurred to you."

Offline LindaRK

• Rec's: 35
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Pain under left armpit/into shoulder and tingling fingers.
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2012, 01:43:11 AM »
You could have very well moved your arm a wrong way or twisted it without knowing and that is what's causing the pain.  I'd give it a few days - take some Ibuprophen if necessary and see if it goes away.  Take it easy though - don't aggravate it.
Bookmark and Share

Online mollyfin

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2012, 05:26:36 AM »
Probably aggravated a nerve or pulled a muscle - it'll fix itself in a few days; just try to take it easy on that arm until it does. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline NightMare77

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2012, 09:25:09 AM »
I'm dealing with this same thing right now!!  I think I pulled the muscle in my upper arm in November (lifting a heavy box), and since then, I've had pain in it on and off.   The tingling/numb feeling in my fingers drives me nuts!  I've even started to study my nail beds to see if they're changing color.  Crazy, huh?    I'm hoping it's nothing major, because it's really starting to consume my thoughts.   I am going to the doctor this Wednesday for my annual physical, so I'm going to mention it to him.   Lord have mercy, this sucks!
Bookmark and Share
When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul. Psalm 94:19

Offline deeferlynn

• Que sera, sera
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2012, 01:04:39 PM »
Thanks everyone.
I find that when I go to bed (and the body rests) and the first thing the in the morning it doesnt hurt. But once I start moving, it starts to hurt bad. I had to shovel snow today (no way around that) so it's tender. I felt the area about a half hour ago and it feels swollen and it hurts to put pressure on it. But now it's like... on the back rib cage area. And radiating outward. And at times its hard to breathe cuz I get a sharp pain or to move the arm area. It still scares me and when I get those pains I start thinking that it could be lung cancer (because I smoke, but haven't for too long--about 4-5 years-- but I feel like I'll be one of those freak ones that it manifests itself quickly.) I'm trying to calm down and your words are helpful, and the fact that I am getting some sort of the similar pain on the other side is easing fears alittle more cuz it could be over-exertion of a tender muscle or along those lines.
Bookmark and Share
"Just a heads up: 90% of the things you worry about will never happen. 90% of the things that happen will never occurred to you."

Offline LindaRK

• Mood: Loved
    Loved
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2012, 01:20:41 PM »
Shoveling snow, huh?  :happy0151:  I'd say you probably aggravated it some more doing that.  Take it easy!!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline deeferlynn

• Que sera, sera
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2012, 01:40:17 PM »
LOL!! Now that you say that Linda, I'm like duh! Jesus. I'll put some heat rub on it and I'll take it easy. And... now that I'm thinking of it. Before it started to hurt, I shovelled yesterday morning before leaving. Wow. I'm such a spaz. haha.
Thanks Linda!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline NightMare77

Lazy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2012, 02:27:29 PM »
Don't feel like a spaz!  LOL As I said above, I'm having the same issue.  But when I realize that I've been active (my dominant arm is my left), I'm like "Well, no kidding that it hasn't healed...you keep aggravating it."   Ok, maybe we're both spazes!  ;)
Bookmark and Share
When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul. Psalm 94:19

Offline deeferlynn

• Que sera, sera
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2012, 02:46:23 PM »
lol!!
So true NightMare. While my dominant side is the right and not affected by this, I do find that when I have done something, the left side always hurts. lol. Don't know why. And while I keep telling myself that I've aggravated something shoveling snow (among other things that include having to reach under my bed but doing it in a wonky way) I still have panic episodes, because I think maybe it's not a muscle but a bone. lol. I don't know. Even though it all makes sense, there's that little non-sensical voice that's saying to spaz out. lol
Bookmark and Share

Offline NightMare77

Lazy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2012, 02:52:01 PM »
You are singing my song!  LOL   I swear, when the ole HA gets going, there's no such thing as logic!   I'm so glad there are others out there who "get me," ya know?  :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline deeferlynn

• Que sera, sera
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2012, 03:16:22 PM »
Oh definitely. At home, it's difficult to talk to anyone because they don't understand the thinking. And at times it's so overwhelming because I wonder why me? Why do I have to be afflicted with the "freak" disease. And people say look at the positive... where's the positive in constantly worrying about everything? lol.
Oh the joys of being ... different.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: