Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Heart palps and indigestion  (Read 985 times)

Offline Pebster

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Heart palps and indigestion
« on: January 03, 2012, 12:57:19 PM »
Hi

I know a lot of people hear are worried about their hearts and suffer with palpitations.  I was wondering if anyone has noticed if they suffer when they have indigestion.  I have suffered from missed beats for a few years and about three years ago had an ECG and blood tests and was told everything was fine, but lately I've been getting bad ones when I have indigestion or are slightly bloated.  Obviously because it has been Christmas/new year I've definitely over eaten etc and today I've been having them all afternoon ranging from a gurgling/ vibrating feeling in my chest to actual skipped beats which I can feel in my neck and chest.  I don't feel dizzy or any pain when I have them, they are more of an annoyance and frankly do scare me a bit!  I was just wondering if anyone else has noticed any link?  I really hate this part of anxiety, nothing freaks me out like these stupid missed beats!  :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
Re: Heart palps and indigestion
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 02:20:10 PM »
A doctor has told me that in some individuals, GI issues can worsen heart palpitations.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline vardnas

• Rec's: 98
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, 02:26:42 PM »
I get these ALL THE TIME Pebster. I notice that when I tend to be careless with my eating, that my heart palps go through the roof. It's pretty good incentive to keep eating well, I'll tell you that much. :P I notice too that sometimes my heart will race and as soon as I burp or pass gas, my heart rate will go right down. Weird, right?

Don't worry, it's nothing serious!
Bookmark and Share
In case anyone is still confused:  googling your symptoms will cause you to remain in a state of extreme anxiety. Stepping away from the internet is the first step toward lasting peace.

Offline ColdHands

• Rec's: 6
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Warm heart, strong mind, struggling liver
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2012, 02:29:15 PM »
Heart "palps" and PVC's PACS are different things.  A palp is acutally feeling your heart beating in your chest, from what I've read.  I have PVC's and Palps both.  I am on BP med that has something in it that controls pulse.  When I take that med it makes me have heavier beats, but slower. 
Bookmark and Share
"There is just one more thing that bothers me."  Columbo

Online ashcrash85

• Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock
  • Rec's: 7
  • Mood: Sick
    Sick
  • Bazinga!
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2012, 03:23:14 PM »
A palp is any sensation of the heart beating whether fast, slow, regular, or irregular. Pacs/Pvcs are included if they're noticed.
Bookmark and Share

Offline NightMare77

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2012, 04:33:25 PM »
I'm having heart palps right now, too.  I hate these!  I just ate a bag of popcorn (slightly burnt, I might add), so I'm wondering if that's the problem.   
Bookmark and Share
When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul. Psalm 94:19

Offline Pebster

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2012, 06:10:59 PM »
Many thanks for all your replies.  Apologies for not differentiating about heart 'palps', I haven't ever been told if I have pvcs/pacs or whatever, I had just gone to my dr beat out the rhythmn indicating the missed beat and he carried out the ECG and blood tests and said things were fine these things happen, I just used used palps as a blanket term so sorry if I caused any confusion, but it is the missed beat sensation or gurgling that I am suffering from.  It's just quite unpleasant as you automatically think heart attack no matter what!  Anyway thanks again for the replies and sorry for any confusion.
Bookmark and Share

Online ashcrash85

• Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock
  • Rec's: 7
  • Mood: Sick
    Sick
  • Bazinga!
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2012, 02:02:02 AM »
No confusion.

If your doc isn't worried then don't be especially after testing.

I am finding that my stomach issues feel an awful lot like my heart skipping and stopping. Like this morning i was laying on my back and had this hard thump that any other time i would swear it my heart skipping. But this time i could feel my heart still just beating away totally separate from this thump. I could also exactly pin point where this thump came from...a few seconds later I had a burp and some gurgling in my stomach.

Personally, i fully believe that for those of us afraid of heart issues that the goings on in our stomachs and esophagus makes us think our hearts are acting up.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mantooth

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2012, 11:35:33 PM »
GERD can give you heart palps AND shortness of breath.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: