Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: stressing over neck pain again  (Read 393 times)

Offline dominus

• Rec's: 5
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
stressing over neck pain again
« on: December 14, 2011, 06:12:14 PM »
AArrgghh!  I'm stressing over pain in my neck, not the back, but along the sides and front.  I'm worried it's lymph nodes, which is one of my big anxieties.  I should disclose that I get stress headaches in the back of my head and neck, I have allergies which cause post nasal drip that I can feel draining down my throat/neck, I have TMJ (which I think is almost standard for folks with HA, and I'm still sweating over the wisdom teeth I had extracted a while back.  So my wife thinks that it's just a combination of all those things, and that I'm fixating on it and causing my own symptoms.  She seems to think that right now in my life, I'm storing all my anxiety and stress in my neck and throat area.  For a while my stress was centered on my digestive system, but I guess it can move around.  The last time I had this feeling in my neck I was sure I had swollen LN and went to my GP, who said my nodes were fine and that it was stress.  I really just need some external reassurance, or for someone to tell me what may be wrong with me.  Thanks!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Itzomi

• Rec's: 12
  • PANIC DEVELOPMENT ENTHUSIAST
    • Poke This Member
Re: stressing over neck pain again
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 10:36:55 PM »
You need to listen to Wifey!!  I think she's right on.

I carry stress in my neck also.  It can really be painful sometimes!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lewballz19

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2014, 03:15:59 AM »
Hey users, I have suffered from health related anxiety for almost 20 years. I am now 31. Although this is a daily battle I do have some advise on how to keep yourself grounded, and be able to work through your anxiety. It is very simple, but it takes some training. A brief history of what I go through so you all can relate. Daily I check my pulse, to see how my heart rate is. Some days are a little over the top and this prevents me from wanting to excerpt much energy, for fear i'll drop dead from a heart attack. On top of the I've also had bouts with cricopharyngeal spasm (feeling of lump in throat, chocking sensation). Been to the doctors several times, did 2 years on Effexor. Now i've clued into my triggers, and how I can work around them. First things first, cut down on the stimulants....coffee, pop, chocolate, processed foods, so on. This is an easy way to get over short term symptoms, and feel better right away. Secondly, get B vitamins naturally. Potatoes, green veggies, brown rice. Just eat a little bit more then you have already, you'll notice a change within 1-2 days. Keep on that, and slowly add this to your diet, as your eliminating the above mentioned items. Most important!!! Don't be afraid to give yourself that much needed time out. Just like we had when we were kids, misbehaving. Take yourself out of the actions/ stress for a min or too, collect your thoughts, then rationalize with yourself. " Is this worth being this stressed out over" Ask yourself that over and over again until you can honestly answer that. Say it out loud. Embrace your fears, and acknowledge them. I'm not a doctor, nor any professional medical associate, just a guy who battles with the same things you do daily. I just happened to try to understand, and figure mine out, and deal with it without meds, or therapy. And remember, you control your thoughts, so keep them in check! Sounds goofy, but you know what I mean. And also, to ease your concerns, go every 6 months for a general check up exam. Keep tabs on what your body's doing, it will help you reassure yourself when your in a state of panic. Good luck strangers, you can do it!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Dario87

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2014, 05:48:12 AM »
Hi dominus I also had neck pain for about 2 weeks recently also have a lympth node I can feel and another small bump I can feel onleft side of neck that doesnt move. Scared me to death I though its eather lynphoma or hiv because thats what google said. Anyway yesterday got the courage to get every blood test imaginable done results came back today full blood count, hiv and another 6 blood ttests all came back normal besides liver was a little spiked but doctor said that can happen from antibiotics that im on and not to worry about it at all. So if it helps at all I had every symptom imaginable and thank god everything came back normal. Hope this helps
Bookmark and Share

Tags: