Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Help! Stomach problems won't go away!!  (Read 1966 times)

Offline Chantelle

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
Help! Stomach problems won't go away!!
« on: September 18, 2011, 11:18:37 AM »
I've been debating whether or not to post here but my anxiety has been getting worse and I figured it was time.

Three weeks ago I went out with friends, went for cake and woke up that night with a really upset stomach (or maybe colon since all the bubbliness is appeared to be just below my rib cage and it almost felt achy). I felt like I had really bad indigestion and felt the need to burp (almost like something was stuck in my throat). Anyway, it lasted into the following day and was so uncomfortable that I stayed home from work. It seemed to get a little better the following day but then, stupid me, I went to a movie and had popcorn/chocolate which once again agitated my stomach and made it just as bad. This went on for most of the week and I chalked it up to some weird stomach bug.

What has me in a bit of a teesy now is that three weeks later I'm STILL having stomach problems! Either I have bad gas cramps or feel that lump in my throat like I need to burp or both!! And what freaks me out is that it seems to be happening almost every day! A few days ago I felt better and then after having dinner (healthy too! Brown rice, fish and cherry tomatoes) my symptoms came back. My stomach also feels irritated and really sensitive. I'm getting a little freaked out that it's not getting better after all this time. As a short note: I've had a sensitive stomach for YEARS and have always thought I had some form of IBS or something else along those lines. Except my ailments usually resolve themselves within a few days.

Has anyone experienced these symptoms???
Bookmark and Share

Offline plomeli

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Help! Stomach problems won't go away!!
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2011, 11:50:02 AM »
This happened to me once. I went to a b-day party and I had some hot cheetos, then a while after I came home and fell asleep. Then I woke up with a horrible stomach ache and I felt like if I had swallowed a big vitamin and it was stuck in my throat. This completely freaked me out so much that I couldn't eat for a couple of days. I think it was heartburn and it resolved itself later. Don't worry too much good luck!
Bookmark and Share
Even when difficulties come into our lives, as they do for all humans "know" our great option is to chose love rather than fear.  -Oprah

Offline Chantelle

• Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 02:26:40 PM »
Thanks for your reply pomeli.

Did your stomach problems last for awhile afterwards?? It still feels like my stomach is super sensitive weeks later and feels kinda weak. I'm also burping more than I usually do. It seems worse when I eat tomatoes, and chocolate. I'm trying not to worry about it but occasionally freak out a little when I start to feel lousy and think, "Omg, how can I still be feeling lousy weeks later??!"
Bookmark and Share

Offline HawkeyeFanatic1989

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 03:52:15 PM »
Hey, hope your feeling better now! While I'm sure it's nothing to be concerned about, going and seeing the doctor might not be a bad idea. Do you have insurance? If so, I'd suggest you go in for a check up. Hope your doing better =).
Bookmark and Share

Offline Chantelle

• Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2011, 03:07:30 PM »
I have been feeling better the last couple days. Health insurance is not an issue so I can go to the dr. anytime I please. I've told myself if I still feel sick next week then I will make an appointment. My other major issue is visiting the doctor. I go when I have to but I get SOOOO anxious about going and am really worried that he will say something to freak me out or send me for some scary tests!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline threnners

• Leaping to the worst conclusion in a single bound!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Anxiety Girl
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2011, 09:41:12 AM »
Get your gallbladder checked.  I had gallstones and my only symptoms were horrible heartburn and reflux, and the need to burp constantly.  Once they took out my gallbladder,  I haven't had a single bit of that since.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Chantelle

• Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2011, 02:37:44 PM »
thanks threnners. I will make sure to mention it to my dr. when I see him. From what I've read (on here, not on google!) it seems there are quite a few people who have digestion issues related to their gallbladder.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: