Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: What meds are you on thread..  (Read 20254 times)

Offline Andrew90

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: What meds are you on thread..
« Reply #150 on: September 10, 2013, 12:36:23 AM »
As of today I was prescribed 0.5 mg Xanax twice daily along with 30 mg Remeron before bedtime. I'm optimistic and hopeful about this regimen, but it's equally important to give yourself some reading up on anxiety disorders and self-help books (such as Dr. Claire Weekes), as well as some form of therapy.

All for the best!  :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share

Offline NinjaKitty

• Mood: Loved
    Loved
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #151 on: September 17, 2013, 06:29:25 AM »
ok so my medication regime atm is a bit messy as im stopiing and starting new things

was on 40mg prozac
25mg buspirone a day split into 5 mg doeses 5x daily
up to 15mg diazepam (valilum) daily 10mg at night and 5 mg split during the day
now on 20mg prozac (coming off it over a 2 week period so i can start mirtazapine (remeron ) 15mg a day

still on buspirone 25 mg a day and valium 10-15mg a day

will update in 2 weeks when im on the mirtazapine, buspirone,.valium combo.

Kitty xxxx :-*
Bookmark and Share
Currently surfing the anxiety waves!!
Current Meds
5mg diazepam 3xdaily
45mg mirtazapine at night
10mg Nitrazepam nightly
sumatriptan (doses vary)
Naproxen 300mg 3 x daily
Buscopan 20mg 4x daily
Lanzoprozol 30mg daily
Trazadone (dose varies)

Offline what happened

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #152 on: October 07, 2013, 08:43:25 PM »
I am new to the meds. I was prescribed .5mg of Lorazepam 1/2 to 1 tablet up to 3 x a day and Paroxetine HCL 20mg.
SO far I am just taking the Lorazepam as needed because I had bad side effects to  Paroxetine (Dr. asked that I cut the pill in half ).
I am still scared of it .
Bookmark and Share

Offline candice

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #153 on: October 07, 2013, 11:22:16 PM »
I'm taking 20mg of Paxil.  I have .5 klonopins as needed but I haven't had to use them since I got into my third week of Paxil.  I am fortunate I have almost no side affects from the med :)  I have some yawning issues but I'm still breaking it in.  Hopefully it goes away.  I feel so much better!
Bookmark and Share

Offline what happened

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #154 on: October 09, 2013, 06:56:14 PM »
Candice, how has the Paxil worked for you? Paroxeteine is the generic for it I am curious as to when you noticed a difference and if you don
t mind sharing your general experience. Tonight will be night 3 for me on 1/2 a 20 mg pill
Bookmark and Share

Offline candice

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #155 on: October 10, 2013, 03:33:28 PM »
Candice, how has the Paxil worked for you? Paroxeteine is the generic for it I am curious as to when you noticed a difference and if you don
t mind sharing your general experience. Tonight will be night 3 for me on 1/2 a 20 mg pill

Hello!  I am also on the generic form paroxetine.  I started by halfing my 20mg pill so I took 10mg for about 10 days.  I have medication anxiety so I'm not sure if that is why I felt worse at first or if it was the meds.  I had anxiety for the first few days pretty bad.  I think it was because I had felt defeated that I had to get back on meds.  I used to have depression but had been in remission for five years.  The panic attacks are a new experience for me. 

So the anxiety was still bad and I felt kinda weird for those 10 days.  I'd wake up wide awake early in the morning.  I took my pill at night.  I felt weird in the mornings, just kind of "off".  I took my klonopins at night on days that my anxiety was at it's worst.  It helped a lot.

After the 10th day I decided to up my dose to 20mg.  People told me that was the minimal therapeutic dose (I don't have a psychiatrist just a general doc that doesn't know much about this stuff).  Honestly.....after upping to 20mg I haven't had a single panic attack since.  It's weird because they say it doesn't work that fast.  I don't feel it was placebo because I was bracing myself to have worse anxiety since I upped my dose.

Today is day 16 of 20mg.  I'm fortunate that I haven't had side affects really.  I had dry throat and  yawning and a slight headache the first week.  I still haven't had any panic attacks and I feel a lot better in that respect.  Sometimes my anxiety peeks through but it's still early on.  They say it can take a while for it to fully kick in.  Today, I feel anxious but I think it's because of pms.  I was feeling almost 100 percent but this past week I've been kind of tired, sleeping a lot, eating a lot and slightly depressed feeling.  I think it may be due to pms like I mentioned.  I hope so anyway. 

I have a little ways to go to see if the full effects work but I will tell you this... before Paxil I was a complete mess and now I can function.  I can finally eat (I was nauseated for two months and lost a lot of weight). My shortness of breath, tightness in chest, adrenaline rushes, and nausea have gone away.  I still get the lump on my throat still.

Private message me whenever you want and we can check on eachother's progress.  We can be paxil buddies :)  I hope it starts working for you!  Give it time.  10mg isn't going to do much but it's best to start low so you have less side effects.

Keep me updated!
~Candice
Bookmark and Share

Offline alizzy

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #156 on: October 15, 2013, 04:30:54 PM »
I was on a low dose of Zoloft for a few months.  It reduced anxiety a lot, but made depression worse.  I got off the zoloft and got on a low dose of Venlafaxine.  It helps a bit, but makes me rather impulsive.  The doctor prescribed me Xanax to take just when I was about to have a panic attack, but it made me super sleepy and depressed, so I don't take it anymore. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline thoughtsneverending10110

• anxiety is a battle that's never easily won
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • never give up anxiety is a hard battle
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #157 on: October 17, 2013, 06:13:33 AM »
Lexapro 20mg a day
valium 5mg 4x a day
Atarax 50mg 2x a day
Prilosec 40mg once a day
Bookmark and Share

Offline sabrina_king81

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #158 on: October 18, 2013, 11:06:16 PM »
My husband was diagnosed with clinical depression and anxiety. He's currently taking 100mg Sertraline, 15mg Mirtazapine, 12.5mg Buspirone (3 times daily), 10mg Chlorpromazine (twice a day), and 1mg Lorazepam before dialysis/bedtime and inbetween for anxiety attacks.

He has improved since on those medications, but still has pretty frequent anxiety attacks which affects him with restlesness, sweating, hiccups, nausea and vomiting
Bookmark and Share

Offline DaphneNL

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #159 on: October 22, 2013, 02:55:36 PM »
I'm on; Zoloft (100mg a day), sometimes one pill of Oxazepam.
Been taking Zoloft for 12 years now. I always thought 100mg a day was a high dose, but apparantly it isn't. ;)
Bookmark and Share

Offline AncientMelody

• Rec's: 9
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #160 on: October 24, 2013, 04:06:49 PM »
Previous medications:
-Zoloft: discontinued as it made my anxiety worse
-Hydroxyzine: I took it for two weeks, and it helped initially. It just wasn't enough.

Current medications:
-Klonipin 0.5 mg once or twice per day. I just started this yesterday
-Propranolol: I take this only occasionally, maybe 2-3 times per month. Usually if I encounter a very stressful situation at work and get resultant tachycardia. Doesn't help the mental symptoms, but settles the heart down nicely with no adverse effects for me.
-GNC triple strength Omega 3 Fatty Acids: 1 capsule 2-3 times per day. I feel like it helps mental clarity, but not directly beneficial for the anxiety
Bookmark and Share

Offline butterflybandage

• "Fall seven times, stand up eight."
  • Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #161 on: November 14, 2013, 01:56:04 AM »
Sertraline (Zoloft) 75mg once a day and Hydroxyzine (Atarax) as needed (such as if a panic attack comes on).
Bookmark and Share
"Courage does not always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'"

Offline OrangeClouds327

• Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #162 on: November 16, 2013, 02:45:02 AM »
Lithium 900mg Seroquel 250mg Klonopin 1mg Trazodone 150mg
 :goofy:
Bookmark and Share
"Underneath the good there's something greater than you know"- Mariah Carey

Offline brendab1223

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #163 on: November 29, 2013, 05:19:40 PM »
I've been on Diazepam (Valium) 5mg twice a day for almost a month. Much better so far.
Bookmark and Share

Offline AncientMelody

• Rec's: 9
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #164 on: December 02, 2013, 08:47:48 AM »
Lexapro 5 mg, will be increasing to therapeutic dose of 10 mg on Wednesday. Some adverse gastrointestinal effects, but these are subsiding somewhat so I hope that continues. Otherwise much better tolerated than the zoloft for me.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: lexapro clonazepam