Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: What meds are you on thread..  (Read 20343 times)

Offline EclecticJoe

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: What meds are you on thread..
« Reply #90 on: October 20, 2012, 02:38:38 PM »
New cocktail:

100 mg Lamictal;
10 mg Lexapro;
50 mg Trazadone for sleep;
.5 Xanax as needed.

Off the Remeron and hopefully will be off the Xanax by end of November.
Bookmark and Share

Offline BlackHeart

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #91 on: October 21, 2012, 11:30:25 AM »
How does the Traz treat you ? I am prescribed seroquel for sleep and about 45min after taking it, Im out for a good 6 hrs to 8 hrs without waking up unless I need to use bathroom then i still can wake up. I was wondering how your sleep med is for you ?;
Bookmark and Share

Offline EclecticJoe

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #92 on: October 22, 2012, 12:40:50 PM »
Not as good as Remeron, but much more weight neutral.
Bookmark and Share

Offline jessica92

• Jessica
  • Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #93 on: October 22, 2012, 12:50:04 PM »
I take Celexa as well as Seroquel when needed for sleep/ panic attacks. I was taking birth control, but it made me gain a ton of weight, so I am off that right now.
Bookmark and Share
"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"
- Albus Dumbledore

Offline EclecticJoe

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #94 on: October 22, 2012, 02:08:52 PM »
Any Lamictal users out there that are not Bi Polar?
Bookmark and Share

Offline it is well

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #95 on: October 23, 2012, 11:46:05 PM »
zoloft.

started on 25, then increased to 50.

went back to 25 for most of 10 years.

about a month ago increased to 50 and just a couple of days ago, asked my doctor to increase to 75.

Bookmark and Share

Offline simon_E1986

• Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #96 on: November 03, 2012, 08:04:37 AM »
This is an amazing thread and its really helpful to see what others are taking  :bigsmile:

I'm currently on the following cocktail:

Propranolol 80mgs (1 Daily)

Sertraline 50mg (3 Daily)

Buspirone 5mg (3 Daily)

I was relieved to see that others take the Buspirone because my Dr told me that you can become dependent on them.
Bookmark and Share

Offline EclecticJoe

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #97 on: November 03, 2012, 11:34:13 AM »
I am on day 18 off of 15 mg Remeron and am experiencing quite a bit of anxiety and insomnia. The trazadone and Xanax PRN help some, but this is crazy. My mild to moderate depression is almost gone and I am able to fight intrusive thoughts more, but my energy level and edginess is sky high during the day periodically.

Anyone else had this withdrawal problem?
Bookmark and Share

Offline BlackHeart

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #98 on: November 08, 2012, 08:57:13 PM »
I took xanax during a divorce time in my life. it helped while on it but became so to take more and more and getting off it was not fun. I found to be kinda addicting. When I went off it I went through spikes of higher anxiety too. I know in bad times it helpful but also has its drawbacks later.
Bookmark and Share

Offline johnathonm

• Poke This Member
« Reply #99 on: November 13, 2012, 07:39:05 PM »
I figured it was time for me to share as well :).

I'm on:

100 mg of Pristiq
10 mg of Abilify
450 mg of Wellbutrin XL
60 mg of Adderall XR

---
Panic, Anxiety, GAD and MDD here.
Bookmark and Share

Offline carika328

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #100 on: November 21, 2012, 06:42:27 PM »
Paxil 20mg
Xanax .25mg twice a day
Lots of Tension Tamer tea=)
Bookmark and Share

Offline gcalex

• Rec's: 46
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #101 on: November 21, 2012, 07:18:43 PM »
I have not taken any psychoactive medication since Dec. 2007 when I took my last klonopin.  I was on it for many years, and tried a variety of ADs during the same time period but they didn't seem to help me (or cause me any great distress).  I am not sure what the future holds; so far the balance has weighed in favor of continuing to manage anxiety through non-drug methods, but every day brings a new decision tree.
Bookmark and Share

Offline youngunsung

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #102 on: December 01, 2012, 02:13:44 AM »
Bookmark and Share

Offline jessica92

• Jessica
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #103 on: December 03, 2012, 05:12:22 AM »
Hi All,

I have had rising anxiety levels for the last 6 months. The original ailment was dysthemia, a form of depression which I have had since many years. My doc put me on varying doses of escilatopram and clonezepam. My anxiety started peaking and day to day life became very difficult. Most of my relationships became unstable. Interacting with people became a nightmare. Even minor changes in the doses were making things worse. I Wasn't sleeping properly for months. Dependance on pills increased and there was no way out except to take more and to cope with the side effects. And a small fortune was spent on doc visits and medicines.

I did some research and found some some herbs and other medicines  which have been around for thousands of years. I read extensively and the risk seemed worth taking.

The below worked/ works for me and my symptoms are improving. It is a vast relief to be getting my old life back in a better form.
Here is my 1 month experience - hope you find it useful.

Took a few weeks away from work and away from people.
Started weaning off both pills. I used a paper cutter to slice the pills into smaller pieces and started reducing the dosage gradually.
As my anxiety peaked even more, memory loss set in and it became confusing to know and remember which pill to take and in which dose. It may help to cut pills and neatly pack them in advance so once weaning off starts there is no scope for taking the wrong dosage. Once the weaning off starts your thinking will get disrupted for some time. It is best to organise and label your meds so there is no scope for relying on memory.

As the pill dosage reduced,so did the descent into absolute hell.  this happened for a couple of weeks. I began to hallucinate frequently. Many other symptoms followed - aggression, irritability, inappropriate behaviour, mood swings, insomnia, feelings of depression, suicidal thoughts etc. I kept going, relying on relaxation tapes, meditation, breathing exercises and drinking a lot of water to help cope.

After the last day of the pills was past, I drank a lot of water for 2 days to flush out the remnants from my body.

Then I started taking the below herbal tablets. Please read up thoroughly on them so you know what you are getting into. IMPORTANT - TAKE THEM ONLY AFTER COMPLETELY STOPPING EXISTING MEDICINES. THEY MAY REACT ADVERSELY WITH SSRIS/ BENZODIAZEPINES AND YOU MAY END UP WITH MORE SIDE EFFECTS.

A) Geriforte tablets - Manufacturer says this helps treat dysthemia, depression and various forms of anxiety.
B) Mentat tablets - Manufacturer says this helps boost memory and other forms of brain function.
Read up on these and go through research papers on the internet to know other peoples accounts.

My anxiety is now much better. My depression is easing too.
Am sleeping normal hours and wake up automatically refreshed.
In my opinion, this has so far, worked out to be the best treatment for anxiety. I tried many different ways before to reduce anxiety but nothing could be sustained for more than a few days. This is simple and very effective.

Tips
Make sure any existing tablets/ pills are completely stopped.
Dosage is mentioned on the tablet containers. I take 2 of these 2-3 times a day. No known adverse side effects or reactions from overdosing.
Walk briskly for 30-45 minutes each day to keep blood circulation going.
Avoid spicy foods/ anything that is hard to digest and drink a lot of water.
The symptoms associated with weaning off were maximum for the first 3-5 weeks and started reducing beyond that.
Use meditation/ relaxation tapes to relax.
Avoid getting into any arguments or confrontations with anyone. Period. It is just not worth it and will make things worse. You wont be your normal self in this state.

This is my way of sharing my experience with all those in this state of despair not knowing what to do.
No harm in trying alternative medicines.
If they do not work, one can go back to the old ones!
Another note of caution.  Make sure to stop conventional medicines completely first before taking these or any other herbs.

All the best and God bless !

Thank you for this post. I am going to look into this! Do you know how much these tablets usually cost? Where would be the best place to order them?
Bookmark and Share
"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"
- Albus Dumbledore

Offline kk1214

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #104 on: December 04, 2012, 04:18:50 PM »
I am just now starting meds.. I tried natural remedies and relaxation techniques to no avail. I am on Celexa for anxiety. I started at 20mg  but had awful side effects :sick0002: so I've cut back to 10mg and it seems to work much better  :bigsmile: , slight nausea but I've been on it for less than a week so hopefully that'll go away. My doc also thinks she may put me on something fast acting for when I have panic attacks.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: lexapro clonazepam