Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?
Anxiety Forums & Chat Rooms

Random Head Pain

Offline Maco0710

Random Head Pain
« on: August 07, 2011, 11:06:57 AM »
For at least a year now I have been experiencing random shooting head pains that only last a few seconds.  My doctor doesn't seem to concerned about them and until recently I hadn't been to anxious over them either.  However, last week I experienced my first ocular migraine and now I am aware of every little head pain and eye floater and am convinced I'm either going to have an aneurysm or that I have a tumor.  The head pains are the same that I have been getting but with this ocular migraine  I am literally worried sick.  I spent almost five hours googling trying to find out what was causing them.  I plan to make an appointment with my doctor in the morning but am trying to get a little peace of mind in the meantime. 

I have a few different thoughts as to what could be causing the head pain.  I have bad eyesight and squint frequently - I am going to get new glasses on Tuesday.  I have also had sinus pressure lately and a sore neck due to work.  Most of my head pain occurs in back of my head.  The pain is not always stabbing, sometimes it is just dull and sometimes I get some tingling.  I know that most of my symptoms are probably due to anxiety but my mind often plays tricks on me and I always assume my symptoms are linked to something deadly.  Google and WebMD are my best friends and worst enemies all in one.

Has anyone else ever experienced these random head pains?  Like I said I'm going to try to get a doctors appointment tomorrow - I'm not sure if I will be able to get her to order a CT Scan or MRI though.  I'm a 24 year old overweight female with no other health issues besides GAD.
Bookmark and Share

Offline San Andreas

Re: Random Head Pain
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2011, 12:46:11 PM »
I get those from time to time and they can be very troubling.  I don't know what causes them, but I am pretty sure it isn't anything major. 
Bookmark and Share
"You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.' You must do the thing you think you cannot do. "

Eleanor Roosevelt

Offline empeps

• Personal text
Re: Random Head Pain
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2012, 01:05:27 PM »
Mac, I was wondering how.you're making out?
Bookmark and Share