Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Feels weird when I take a deep breath  (Read 3333 times)

Offline crazygirl1

• Rec's: 9
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Feels weird when I take a deep breath
« on: August 02, 2011, 11:05:27 AM »
Little background here: I had spinal fusion surgery when I was 15 for scoliosis, so there is a metal rod fused to both ends of my spine. At the top end, when I take a deep breath while sitting or standing completely straight, it hurts a little. I never noticed this before I quit smoking almost 9 months ago ( CG pats herself on  the back because that's so YAAAY!! lol) ASo chances are it could just be from the rod where it's attached to my backbone there, but with my issues lately ( relationship) it makes me worry about everything else. Probably not lung ca right? right?... :(
Bookmark and Share
Revelation 7:17
 ... and God will wipe every tear from their eyes."

Offline JER2911

• Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
  • Rec's: 28
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
    • Poke This Member
Re: Feels weird when I take a deep breath
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 12:40:50 PM »
Does it feel weird in your back? Cause, I've had this weird feeling when I breathe too..but mine is like at the bottom of my collar bone, in the front and also kind of involves my shoulder.  It's like I can't breathe in deep because of this weird stabby pain in that area.

I am currently going the the Lung Ca scare too, among others.

With the rod in your back, you are probably right about that causing your pain.  Have you been hunched over at the computer more than normal latley? It may be a posture issue.
Bookmark and Share
Matthew 6:27  Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?

Tags: