Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Excellent and detailed article on "brain fog"  (Read 182167 times)

Offline Floridagal10

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Excellent and detailed article on "brain fog"
« Reply #135 on: February 22, 2014, 09:52:21 PM »
This was a helpful article. Thanks for sharing. I am hypoglycemic and I never realized how much it affected my brain. Until recently I had a very strong handle on it, but due to a new medicine it has been acting up again.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Bulbo

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #136 on: March 02, 2014, 03:50:17 AM »
Hello everyone.
I too have brain fog since i was 14( sexually active). i have POIS(post orgasmic illness syndrome). I want a cure for brain fog.I have constant brain fog on all days. But if i ejaculate i have severe brain fog for 2 days and then the constant brain fog on normal days sets in. i want to know if anyone have tried liothyronine sodium (t3) for brain fog ? I am not hypothyroid but i am going to try t3 for brain fog. I want to know if anyone have tried it.
Thanks
Bookmark and Share

Offline worrygal

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #137 on: April 06, 2014, 05:41:33 PM »
super awesome! thank you for sharing! :yes:
Bookmark and Share

Offline bluecanary

• ...in the outlet by the light switch
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • A life lived in fear is a life half lived.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #138 on: April 14, 2014, 03:39:07 PM »
Like many others, my anxiety started with a "brain fog." I just woke up one morning and it was there. It was as though the whole world had changed overnight. I felt like I was in a daze, almost like I was living in a fishbowl with some invisible barrier between me and the rest of the world. I still do feel it from time to time, and the only way to get past it is to just try to ignore it and try harder to "connect" with other people and things. Retreating into my own head, trying to figure out what it is or why it's there, only makes it worse.

That said, while the site describes "brain fog" pretty well, it does concern me somewhat. It lists a whole number of causes and factors without giving any references. I'm all for people trying whatever is going to work to get relief for their symptoms, but I do think people should do their best to be informed and talk to their own doctors (who know their medical history) before they start any kind of treatment.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Artman9865

• Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #139 on: April 17, 2014, 02:12:49 AM »
I am actually experiencing brain fog right now it happens very often I can't think and it just makes me feel weird
Bookmark and Share

Offline brit3392

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #140 on: April 27, 2014, 12:46:50 AM »
Thank you for sharing that! I have become more and more concerned over the past couple years with my inability to remember things. My mom and even my grandma often fill me in on events that I have completely forgotten the details of. And I'm only 27. I feel a little better now knowing it's something a lot of people suffer from and there are some things I can try to help change it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Peanut the kidnapper (UK)

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #141 on: May 01, 2014, 11:14:58 AM »
A thought provoking article.

I often experienced ‘brain fog’ when at school, which shaped the way that teachers perceived me, and I only gained confidence in my mental faculties by demonstrating my capabilities through exam results.

In my case it is my medication (Pregabalin) that I had been attributing to my recent bouts of ‘brain fog’, because it’s only really become an issue since I’ve started to take it. Whilst I was depressed, and during severe bouts out anxiety, my perception was that I was far more on the ball mentally and much better at focusing my mind on tasks and activities. Whilst not ruling medication out as the cause, clearly I need to consider other possible causes.
Bookmark and Share

Offline HRB39

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #142 on: May 02, 2014, 05:07:05 AM »
Hi All,

I've experienced this over the last couple of months but attributed it fully to lack of sleep since I have a newborn. I stopped taking xanax about a month and a half ago, didn't step down just stopped. I had been taking it for about 5 years but my dose was very low, .25, and 95% of the time it was taken once daily.

I have not had outward physical anxiety symptoms since the baby came but the last few weeks I am definitely experiencing this brain fog. I have to think hard about simple things, I forget things, I walk around in a daze (mostly mornings) and the last week I have head some dizziness.  I did however hit the side of my head quite hard a week ago.

I'm wondering if this isn't entirely lack of sleep and the only way my anxiety is manifesting itself right now?
Bookmark and Share

Offline mikewebberross

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #143 on: June 14, 2014, 12:26:28 PM »
Greetings

I have had bouts of brain fog off and on for years and have always wondered what caused it and whether I was alone. It can come on at any time, last for any length of time and at times it is so severe that I feel like someone has injected my brain with an anesthetic. I feel dull, dazed, disconnected, stuporish, fuzzy, foggy, retarded, etc. I did some looking around and have come to realize that this symptom is very common. I also found an excellent article about it written by a doctor and thought others here might be interested...

http://www.drlwilson.com/articles/brain_fog.htm

- Regards, GreyGoose

I totally feel your pain on that! It is by far the most awful thing. I mean sure feeling fatigue and not wanting to do anything half the time sure doesnt help. But feeling cloudy and disconnected like your in a forever disfunctional high is by far one of the worst things. It takes you so far from reality. Sounds like this is a past thing for you though, so if that is so then congratulations! I'm still working through it myself right now.. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline khristine20

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #144 on: June 26, 2014, 03:41:58 AM »
Greetings

I have had bouts of brain fog off and on for years and have always wondered what caused it and whether I was alone. It can come on at any time, last for any length of time and at times it is so severe that I feel like someone has injected my brain with an anesthetic. I feel dull, dazed, disconnected, stuporish, fuzzy, foggy, retarded, etc. I did some looking around and have come to realize that this symptom is very common. I also found an excellent article about it written by a doctor and thought others here might be interested...

http://www.drlwilson.com/articles/brain_fog.htm

- Regards, GreyGoose

I totally feel your pain on that! It is by far the most awful thing. I mean sure feeling fatigue and not wanting to do anything half the time sure doesnt help. But feeling cloudy and disconnected like your in a forever disfunctional high is by far one of the worst things. It takes you so far from reality. Sounds like this is a past thing for you though, so if that is so then congratulations! I'm still working through it myself right now..

Hey guys., I've been through the same thing. It's scary as hell . I know but really it's just a symptom. I've had it like a month or so. It started with migraines then brain fog then disconnected feeling. I know the feeling of being shut off the world and sometimes you can't even recognize yourself in the mirror. It depressed me a lot. I have a lot of dreams in my life and  i came to a point like this that I don't even know who i am anymore. Being disconnected with the world and even yourself is frightening but again guys, I GOT THROUGH IT. I no longer feel disconnected and I don't remember all the feelings anymore. All I did is to stop thinking about it and drink vitamins, get enough sleep, talk to a lot of people even if it is hard because you don't even recognize your own voice and your thoughts are hardly coming out of your mouth. Take some exercise and avoid being alone. You need to be with someone.. talk, drink tea, or write. or read a book. Time really heals. I no longer have a brain fog and headaches are gone . I feel part of the world again and it's my vision is no longer like a movie . But what really helped me is listening to songs that relates to my feelings and to God's answer about it. I listened to the song STRONG TOWER by Kutless and the rest of the songs that blesses my soul. I know you can't avoid worrying about it because how can you escape something you face and bring everyday right ? so guys.. i encourage you to listen daily with songs that calms you. statements like IN THE MIDDLE OF YOU MY DARKNESS, IN THE MIDST OF ALL MY FEAR, YOU SPEAK SOFTLY TO MY SOUL, I GO RUNNING TO YOUR MOUNTAIN WHERE YOUR MERCY SETS ME FREE.  Just fill yourself with positive thoughts because I know you're filled with worries now and fears and a lot of what ifs. You want to be happy but how can you be when you feel miserable right ? Find Peace in Jesus. Just try and meditate of such thoughts like GOD LOVES ME UNCONDITIONALLY. really it works.. it may not work overnight but it calms you. and as time passes by all those symptoms of disconnected feeling will be gone. I assure you. :) I 've been there and know that there is always a way out... :)  if you have anymore concerns or questions or just someone to talk to .. i'm free everyday.  just email me - khristine_padz06@*****
Bookmark and Share

Offline lt1991

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #145 on: July 10, 2014, 01:05:39 PM »
Hey Everyone,

I was extremely interested when I came across this feed. I have been experiencing many of the symptoms which have been described above as "brain fog" for quite a while now. I am a 22 year old male and I feel like I'm not reaching my full potential due to a lack of concentration along with a variety of other negative influences.

I am a very happy and positive person and have never experienced any anxiety or depression, however I still feel that this is a problem that is massively affecting my life. For instance writing this message is taking a very long time because I have thoughts running around my head, meaning I am unable to focus on completing the task I am trying to accomplish. I want to get past this and be able to do things to the best of my ability, and I was hoping to try and work out what was actually causing this problem.

My initial thought is that I broke my nose aged 16 and have ever since had a nasal deviated septum. I know this affects my breathing and I was just wondering whether anyone else who experiences this "brain fog" has had any breathing problems prior to starting to experience it.

Thanks,
Luke
Bookmark and Share

Offline I.Will.Win

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #146 on: July 17, 2014, 09:19:30 AM »
Luke,

I have never experienced any breathing issues, but I have experienced debilitating brain fog before. To the point where typing a 3 sentence email would take 5 minutes, and I can type 80 WPM... Here is what I have come to find in my experience:
1. My brain fog is a symptom of stress
2. It volatile, meaning good days and bad
3. As I become focused on how I feel it increases in severity
4. Meditation is helpful, though I am just starting this
5. Forcing my focus helps me. If I make myself focus on one items rather than allow my anxious attention to bounce around I am more productive
6. It won't kill me...

You said something I found interesting, which was you had trouble writing due to the thoughts running around in your head? That is a form of anxiety.

Also, you say you have never experience anxiety, but we all have. Anxiety is a huge spectrum, from getting nervous about a test to debilitating fear and physical symptoms.

I know there are no answers in my response, but I felt it might help you as you search for answers. Good luck!

I.WILL.WIN
Bookmark and Share

Offline Firefly

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #147 on: August 09, 2014, 10:13:30 PM »
I have also experienced this brain fog and it horrifies me, I feel like I am very distracted, cannot focus or get organized then the anxiety gets worse.
Steve, I can relate to your statement about anxieties residual effects, I have had many times that I have had stress in my life and I would be very anxious and it would seem when the situation calmed down then all the physical symptoms would kick in or intensify. I remember a few months after my dad passed, which was many years ago, I was at work one day and all of a sudden one side of my face felt numb, then the anxiety started, I was scared to death, my co-workers said I got very pale, one of them drove me home and then family took me to the hospital, surprise it was anxiety and then my journey continued.
Bookmark and Share