Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Excellent and detailed article on "brain fog"  (Read 193569 times)

Offline frozen

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Excellent and detailed article on "brain fog"
« Reply #120 on: May 07, 2013, 11:08:21 AM »
EFT tapping technique on Youtube helps a lot.  Look for the guy in the red t-shirt, he's awesome!
Bookmark and Share

Offline whispermore

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #121 on: May 16, 2013, 01:41:20 AM »
I had brain fog that came on gradually and after being tested for everything, Thyroid, Vitamin D deficiency the doctors did not know what it was.   Well I went to a Naturopathic Hospital in Tempe Arizona and they did a Food sensitivity test on me that was sent away to a lab.   

Turned out that my favorite foods did not give me any immediate reaction but the cumulative effect was brain fog, so they told me.   Eggs, wheat and Casien/dairy.   The eggs were off the chart showing that my body did not like them and had a very strong reaction.  I was told to stop eating these foods and that it would take 30 days to take effect.  Since I did not really believe it I took my time about deleting the foods, but got serious and within 60 days a strange thing happened.   I woke up clear headed.  and then each day after.   I have been clear headed ever since.  I eat rice noodles instead of wheat so that part was easy.  I did not really use dairy so that was easy too, but eggs were my favorite and I ate them every single day, sometimes even for snacks.   I no longer miss them.   Maybe this will help some of you with brain fog.
Bookmark and Share

Offline jborrill

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #122 on: July 02, 2013, 12:12:11 AM »
Alright so i guess ill start off by saying, i am 16 years old, and recently i took a fall snowboarding and had a nasty compound fracture on my right upper arm, but anyways, ever since then i have had reacuring thoughts and worries about my health, aswell as really terrible brain fog. I dont know what i can do to deal with it, the brain fog is the worse part and i believe it has something to do with my traumatic experience. I really need some feedback, i feel like im losing my mind. Please help :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline ilikemushrooms

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #123 on: October 06, 2013, 01:53:20 AM »
i dont know how mine started exactly, but i remember last year in january or february i was looking at my room door (casually spacing out) and all of a sudden it felt so... weird. the very first time i had it (or the first time i remember it clearly) was when me and my cousin and her parents were at a supermarket buying food, and since it was in a supermarket ive never been before, it was so overwhelming, and my cousin started playing chase with me, and i felt like i was enclosed but i was still conscious (i had a small panic attack). i felt like i was going to faint or blackout or something, but then when we walked home i brushed it off my shoulder and went on. i also remember another time i woke up with a really fast heartbeat and i felt so scared, but a few minutes later it went back to normal.
ive had it for 1 year and 9 months, and on some days i feel perfect (on the days that i dont feel dp/dr or panic attacks and i forget about them) but literally everyday i get them, mostly dp/dr, and i get them when i wake up in the morning, when i come back from school, when i shower and before i go to sleep, but it leaves when i forget about it, which would be 1/3 of the day. out of my normal entire day, i get them pretty bad in the shower.
its so weird because when people have this, on the outside they look perfectly fine, but on the inside its like ughhh.

glad that many people feel the same way x
Bookmark and Share

Offline dragonboy

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #124 on: December 08, 2013, 11:59:53 AM »
I was sure I was terminally ill, had loads of tests via doctor and Hospitals, became a hypochondriac, worried constantly that every day was my last etc etc etc.
Bookmark and Share

Offline kneeno

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #125 on: December 26, 2013, 09:56:13 AM »
This is spot on. It's weird when all the feelings you've had feeling definitely weird and your the only one feeling like this to find this site (which I think has been a sign to me) to know that other people are feeling the same way.

In my work I let everything get on top of me. I have to be the best I can be although not everyone feels like me (bosses included) and I try to do everything I can even when its not up to me because I am only the secretary.

Thanks everyone for giving me an insight into your worlds and I will say every day I am important to myself and my Family, nothing else matters.

Bookmark and Share

Offline golliathjr

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #126 on: December 27, 2013, 11:37:00 AM »
this is something I experienced during my earlier stages of my anxiety and it lasted for maybe 3 weeks?

It started again a few days ago, like the world around me was surreal, sort of like watching a movie?...

Anyway, it has really shaken me up. It seems that as soon as my anxiety gets a little better something else comes along to remind me how sh*t it truly is. (sorry, feeling frustrated...)

Anyway, the article is great, answered a few of my questions and it was good to see that it can get worse and how to prevent it so thank you for that! :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ponyroller

• Mood: Relieved
    Relieved
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #127 on: January 01, 2014, 11:23:08 PM »
I was so happy to read this thread and find out what a common symptom this is. I've had this on occasion for an hour or two here and there and just chalked it up to anxiety. But now I've had it almost non stop for a few days. I feel dizzy and off balance, except when I do something like try to stand on one foot with my eyes closed, I don't ACTUALLY lose my balance. If that makes any sense! My health anxiety has come back with a vengeance after being gone for years. After my doc put me at ease about heart/lung problems, it's like I just find whatever the next thing is to focus on. Now that I have this dizziness I am convinced it's something like a brain tumour or MS or another horrible brain disease. I haven't been to my doctor for the dizziness yet although I do have an appointment booked. I am one of the lucky people who usually does find a lot of relief when the doctor tells me it's not something serious....but until my appointment (which is not for a month) I don't know how I am going to cope with this. It's like the dizziness and anxiety feed off each other...what can I do??
Bookmark and Share

Offline lexie2006

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #128 on: January 07, 2014, 11:19:19 AM »
Wow i thought i was the only one. I get this dream like feeling and the world seems tilted my brain feels stiff i know that made no sense but it seems like the worst symptom i thought i was psychotic or something i really panicked like i checked myself in the hospital
Bookmark and Share

Offline ChimpMelons

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Medication for brain fog.
« Reply #129 on: February 10, 2014, 04:03:45 PM »
Does anyone take any type of medications for their brain fog. I would like to know to see what kind of options I may have. Basically I have a severe memory problem, with constant memory lapsing (forgetting during the middle of speech or an idea), inability to hold a memory together, and an inability to remember anything. Consequently these issues are also causing problems with focusing or concentrating to my full potential. I am seeing an ADD/ADHD psychiatrist because I passed or failed the ADD/ADHD screening test. Plus I also mentioned severe issues with focusing to my therapist, but after talking to my psychiatrist he wants to put me on Ritalin because I mentioned that I have do have some impulsivity. The problem though, is that my psychiatrist thinks that I can't focus because I am hyper focusing on everything else, but I know that I do not have a problem with hyper focusing. I can hardly focus on anything at all because of my massive memory issues. When I try to explain these memory issues to my psychiatrist it dosn't make any sense to him because how do you just forget, well you can. Tell me if I am wrong because I know that all of you may have brain fog or more definitively a dysfunction with your short term memory. So I want to know if Ritalin or any kind of stimulant will help my memory problems? If not then what other kinds of medications may help such as axiolytics and antidepressants?
Bookmark and Share

Offline bluestblue

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #130 on: February 11, 2014, 09:37:24 PM »
I had brain fog for years but it took awhile for me to hear it put that way--that sums it up--BRAIN FOG.  I finally discovered I had gluten intolerance.  After seeing a naturopath, I also discovered the heavy metals, overload of candida, and the viruses, not Lyme's but Epstein Barr and a couple others!  Bummer.  I've been fighting these last things for a couple years now, the viruses, and I'm also sure the brain fog has contributed to my anxiety attacks.  I think once we get in these delicate states we are way more sensitive to things in our bodies, whether it's meds, foods or nasty bugs!  I still suffer from it but not as bad. :spineyes:
Bookmark and Share

Offline cookies

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #131 on: February 12, 2014, 08:03:26 PM »
Hi,
  oooh yes,brain fog sounds funny,but it is a most frustrating symptom.
   I have real trouble talking,articulating as I just can't remember words,so in the end I can never relate what I want to say.
  It's very difficult,esp when you were a person who was organised,used to multi task and hold a good conversation.
  It is just all gone.People laugh when it happens and I will make fun of it when it happens.
  But it hurts and it really is frustrating,where is this person who could get things done?
  They seem to have disappeared.
 I also seem to be some what clumsy,when I never was.No matter how hard I concentrate I can't do amything properly anymore.
  Brain fog is a major symptom and very debilitating.
Bookmark and Share

Offline ChimpMelons

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #132 on: February 17, 2014, 01:27:34 PM »
Exactly the brain-fog would cause me to have anxiety attacks as well and not the other way around. I've gotten used to the this awkward feeling of brain-fog so the anxiety attacks stopped, but then again the brain-fog makes me feel like my mind has the attention span of a soap dish, and my brain with  the consistency of goopy cheese. lol
Bookmark and Share

Offline growth60

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #133 on: February 19, 2014, 06:46:37 AM »
you might be bored and not doing what you are supposed to be doing. you are probably,y very bright.
Bookmark and Share

Offline ChimpMelons

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #134 on: February 19, 2014, 09:23:54 PM »
"Boredom" "not doing what I am supposed to be doing". That pisses me off. It is the same at school and with everybody else I know. Everybody else thinks that I don't focus because they think I am bored or don't want to do anything. If my memory wasn't all f***ed up and I didn't have this damn brain fog, then I wouldn't be here spilling my emotions out, but I am here because I don't know what could be causing this neurological condition. I'm sick and tired of feeling f***ed up all the time and I truly have no idea what could be causing this f***ing brain fog!!! If everybody else feels this way then reply. If not then I must be a worthless lazy ass piece of s h i t.
Bookmark and Share