Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: how can i control over my swallow saliva thoughts , ???? please help me  (Read 7432 times)

Offline blue_way2002

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
few years ago am suffer from anxiety and frightened about that i can't swallow my saliva and specially in public in front of someone am talking to or in meeting , thats so shy when feel it and this feeling is get developed with me and ruin my life , now i'm taking medicine for this problem by my doctor , am taking this medicine from 5 years but some year , some months , and some days was very healthy and good and live my life , but this days its came back to me again , feelin the same and can't relax my jaws and my nick when swallow my saliva , how can i change this thought if its really obsessive thoughts like my doctor said and that why i take anafranil medicine for whiles and whiles ,

please help me , am gettin weak too much 
Bookmark and Share

Offline pauly j

• Rec's: 42
  • Constant and Never ending Improvement.
    • Poke This Member
I think this is a rather common symptom of anxiety!  I think focusing on it will make us become more aware if we are swallowing, causing us to fixate on it even more!  If you are not constantly focusing on this, you will find that swallowing will happen with normalcy!  We have a swallowing reflex that will automatically cause us to swallow!  Things will take care of itself, especially if you are not constantly checking for it!

pauly j
Bookmark and Share
It's not what's happening to you now or what has happened in your past that determines who you become. Rather, it's your decisions about what to focus on, what things mean to you, and what you're going to do about them that will determine your ultimate destiny.

- Anthony Robbins

Offline jimmy2shoes

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
i think repetitively forcing yourself to swallow the saliva through the anxiety discomfort should help. i know its easier said than done, but it's something you should work on. If you already do this, then thats good and keep it up, however you need to keep challenging the thought that something could go wrong.
I think that anything wrong happening from excess saliva is a irrational and farfetched thought. Just keep reinforcing that to yourself, over time gradually you will pay it less and less attentino. When you start thinking about it again, just let it happen, until you are naturally distracted (dont force yourself to be distracted, it won't work.)
So acceptance is key.
Bookmark and Share
I never imagined that my imagination could be such a curse... Until I got anxiety..

Offline justbreathe

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I was once told to hum a few songs.  It relaxes your throat muscles and takes your mind off of the swallowing issue and your body should get back into its natural swallowing mode.
Bookmark and Share

Offline blue_way2002

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
thanks for all of you , i'm try to distract my mind this days , i really wish to get better because am very depressed because this small problem , imagine how small things like that can make the strong human like chicken , its god willing anyway , god bless all of ya
Bookmark and Share

Offline Deneshnav

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: how can i control over my swallow saliva thoughts , ???? please help me
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2014, 02:12:58 PM »
How are you doing these days ?

I am going through this issue currently
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hekopeko2013

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: how can i control over my swallow saliva thoughts , ???? please help me
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2014, 03:15:10 AM »
hey , i just saw your message now ....... im having anxiety but in different things , but i want you calm down and dont keep watching your swallow , just let it go easy by distract your mind and not think about that , try to exercise and do push ups and run or swim and u will be okay its anxiety and my doctor told me GAD cause this feelings and its stress too , try to see therapist and take some anti anxiety and depression medication and you will be okay soon , but medication effect is taking a while

wish u feel ok soon
Bookmark and Share

Tags: