Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: New Symptom :( Crawling sensation in calf  (Read 7505 times)

Offline benefit

• Rec's: 5
  • Silence without mental violence.
    • Poke This Member
New Symptom :( Crawling sensation in calf
« on: March 04, 2011, 11:34:20 PM »
OMG, I am so sorry to post again after I posted recently about hand tingling and dizziness, but I was having such a good night, trying to ignore all that stuff and I was sitting at my desk trying to get some work done and I notice a crawling sensation on my leg and I kinda scratch it to make sure there isnt a spider or anything and it kept coming like pulsing.... a pulsing crawling sensation. Then i got up and walked around and it calmed down, but I just felt it again. What is happening to me? MS? I know restless leg syndrome isnt scary, so I looked it up and crawling sensation is a symptom, but I dont have any other symptoms of it. Please help me if you have ever heard of this or felt it!
Bookmark and Share

Offline cbear

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: New Symptom :( Crawling sensation in calf
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 11:39:20 PM »
Part of my tingling was crawling sensation on my left leg and a bit on my arm. Maybe tour mind is playing tricks on you because you are so worried about ms.
Bookmark and Share

Offline RandyR

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 11:39:47 PM »
Sounds like a twitch of some sort, I have all kinds in my legs and they are from anxiety. I have big twitches to the little crawly ones. Don't worry about it it will pass. Don't google it at all, it will lead you in to some bad info. Good luck and God Bless

Randy
Bookmark and Share
Pax Armis Acquiritur

Offline benefit

• Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 11:46:43 PM »
Ahhh, thank you both! It doesnt feel like a twitch though. It feels like something is crawling right on the outside of a small patch of skin. I am really starting to feel like a crazy CRAZY person. But how can anyone in their right mind ignore a feeling like this?
Bookmark and Share

Offline RandyR

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2011, 01:22:24 AM »
You can't ignore them, mine go 24/7 but the neauro told me they are from anxiety and to move on. Hard to though
Bookmark and Share
Pax Armis Acquiritur

Offline TarheelBabe1980

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2011, 04:44:57 AM »
Yes, could be RLS. Another common and benign problem in anxiety sufferers is Benign fasciculation syndrome.  The main symptom in BFS is twitching, but doesn't always have to be.  Tingling and other weird sensations are also common with this. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline benefit

• Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2011, 04:41:32 PM »
Ok, so you do guys think the sensation that a spider is crawling on your leg and then there is nothing there is some kind of twitch? It happened like 10 times in the same spot last night, about every 5 seconds another feeling of spider crawling. Very strange. Thank you!
Bookmark and Share

Offline want2bfree

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2011, 09:18:48 PM »
Hi benefit, I have the exact same symptom, started on my lower calf today. In the last month I have had terrible itching (all over) that kind of stings as well at times. I also have GAD and I am pretty sure the itching and twinges are worse after I consume caffeine I know, a big no no but it's hard.

Anyways I unfortunately have googled this today and last year too because of similar symptoms and have read things that kept me up at night thinking I was gonna lose my mind out of fear. So yes DO NOT GOOGLE!!! these particular symptoms and hopefully you're feeling better by now. I hope this passes soon. One thing I notice is I had a problem with skin itching and what not last spring and again this spring so I wonder if it's simple allergies??

My skin is also VERY dry. I don't bother asking my doc cause it's just another random thing...
Bookmark and Share

Offline jojo1976

• Rec's: 9
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2011, 04:02:37 PM »
I just started getting this fun sensation on the back of my head on the right side.  I know what you're talking about. I have RLS when pregnant and it's a little different than the crawly goose bumpy feeling of this thing.  Almost like your hairs standing on end?  Anxiety response. My calves always have a hay day will all kinds of twitching and creepy crawlies and stuff.
Bookmark and Share

Offline gardeeena

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2011, 04:54:56 PM »
Jojo, if you don't mind me asking, what did your RLS feel like? How often did it happen? Just at night?
Thanks!
Bookmark and Share

Offline jojo1976

• Rec's: 9
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2011, 07:47:28 PM »
RLS sucks. Bad. It feels like the nerves in your legs constantly want to be jumping around.  I have tried to describe this to others before and can't quite get it right, but think of the sensation you feel when you twack your funny bone.  That "jolt" is like the culmination of a gradually building nerve issue in your legs. Only moving them makes it go away for a few seconds, then it returns.  It's an "inner" sensation - coming from within your legs, maybe the muscle, bone, nerves who knows - but not an outside feeling like on your skin or something is touching you.  Yes, usually always at night, or when really tired. 

I get it every time when I'm pregnant (every night - aaaahhh) and it's enough to make one want to cut off their own legs. Funny, as soon as the baby is born, it's gone like a miracle.
Bookmark and Share

Offline gardeeena

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2011, 08:09:11 PM »
hmm, strange. So you feel a jolt? Or is it just a gross accumulation of nerve feelings that eventually makes you want to move. Does it make you want to 'stretch' your leg or area that it's effecting?
Bookmark and Share

Tags: