Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: is anyone else superstitious?  (Read 747 times)

Offline ashcrash85

• Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock
  • Rec's: 7
  • Mood: Sick
    Sick
  • Bazinga!
    • Poke This Member
is anyone else superstitious?
« on: February 18, 2011, 08:36:34 AM »
or maybe its paranoia. like if I see a lot of ambulances I start to think something bad is going to happen to me.

lately it seems like my dogs are.acting weird toward me And its making me think something bad is about to happen to me.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Slangevar

• Rec's: 28
    • Poke This Member
Re: is anyone else superstitious?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2011, 11:18:34 AM »
Totally. If a few friends lose loved ones, I think I'm next (knock on wood). And the dog thing just happened yesterday at the park! They weren't acting weird so much as overly attentive. So I was like, "Great... They can smell the cancer."

(For what it's worth, though... I've always had that effect on animals. I suspect they can smell my allergies more than anything.) ;-)
Bookmark and Share

Offline jbrokeri

• Rec's: 3
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2011, 11:23:04 AM »
Not to make light of your concerns, but I definitely had a chuckle about the dogs--I have believed that about my dog for years but have never told anyone that.  I also freak out when the dog seems clingy before I have to go on a trip, because it makes me think something will happen while I'm traveling!  But like I said, after a long time of having those superstitions, I'm still here and doing fine  :yes:   I have a sneaking suspicion you're just fine as well!

Bookmark and Share

Offline MichGuy

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2011, 11:25:49 AM »
I have similar Superstitions at well -- my biggest one lately is I will get 'deja-vu' and what happens next in this 'deja-vu' memory generally involves me suffocating or something similar. It will play out almost identical -- yet, nothing bad has happened yet (other then panic attacks) still here!
Bookmark and Share

Offline ashcrash85

• Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock
  • Rec's: 7
  • Mood: Sick
    Sick
  • Bazinga!
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2011, 11:47:43 AM »
jbrokeri-

Funny, I've believed this about my dog for a long time too! I have a new dog, he's only been with us for a month now so maybe I'm just not used to his mood swings or what not now. My dog that I've had for 3 years isn't really acting much different to me, other than sleeping on the floor beside my side of the bed last night. That was unusual.  Now that I think about it I've worried about this several times before!

Slang-

I'm the same way. If several friends, friends of friends, family members, die I start thinking, "oh great. I'm next"

Mich-
I've been through the de-ja-vu thing too!! I haven't had that for a long time though. I'm so sorry you're going through it, I hated it.

It's very nice to know others are superstitious like me! I don't feel quite so crazy now.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Blah7886

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2011, 12:38:29 PM »
Definitely. I am terrified of hiv/aids...seems everywhere I go I see those words...stupid crap like teachers AID..And all those damn birth control commercials that talk about hiv..I went to the er for chest pains the other night and they were passing out hiv testing pamphlets..so now I KNOW I'm doomed...all of these things must mean something right?!
Bookmark and Share
"I feel numb, I can't come to life...I feel like I'm frozen in time"

Offline starr77

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2011, 06:20:44 PM »
Oh my! I think everything is a "sign" like if a herce(sp?) is behind me or if im worrying about a certain cancer and I see an ad for it on tv or hear about it on the radio. When im sick my dog wont leave my side and i worry its because she knows something i dont....cuz they say dogs can smell cancer etc..crazy i know!
Bookmark and Share

Offline TastiiCake18

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2011, 11:52:47 PM »
Wow, I'm happy to know I'm not the only superstitious Hypochondriac :( I keep seeing ambulances too and it makes me feel like something bad is going to happen to me. And ever since I started seeing the number 1133 a couple of years ago, I keep thinking I'm going to die on 3/3/11 :(  I feel so bad because I can't really talk to anyone seriously about it :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline MikeInCA

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2011, 12:49:02 AM »
Most definitely. Many things have happened in the past month or so that seem like scary coincidences, but they are probably nothing more than that; coincidences. Watching house is the worst lol. And now that I think about it, dogs have been acting weird around me  :fragend005:
Bookmark and Share

Offline adellic

• Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2014, 08:16:35 PM »
I know this is an old post but OMG I get the same thing with ambulances!!!
Nice to know there are others that think the same   ;D
Bookmark and Share

Offline patmob

• Rec's: 6
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2014, 06:13:44 AM »
"Im not superstitious.  I would say that I'm just regular titious."

NY Giants Quarterback Eli Manning
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kavenchols

• Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2014, 07:48:54 AM »
Well ASIA had too many superstitions specially the southeast :)  Our supertituous is that if you if cut your hair while pregnant, it's like cutting off the umbilical cord connecting you and the baby. Never heard of cross eyed.  :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline mroussa

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2014, 11:40:00 AM »
SO WEIRD that you bring this up bc I am VERY superstitious with my HA.
Bookmark and Share

Offline TyeDyedButterfly

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2014, 11:50:16 AM »
I don't know if I am or not or if it is my Ocd thinking but I have to say something everyday just in case like be careful to people and if I don't something may happen to them. I wont walk under a ladder no lol.. I hate when black cats either walk in front of me or run across the road. I believe in four leaf clovers!! I HATE Friday the 13th when it comes!!  I was always told it is bad luck to cut your toenails or finger nails on Sundays so I don't do that and to never pull gray hairs because 3 more will come back into the same spot..
I do believe I am not reading what I wrote !! I know a few things are Ocd but the others yes what I grew up believing and what I was always told.

One other if you cross your eyes would they actually get stuck that way!! I worry so I don't do that either!   
Oh I don't like the number 13 or 666.   

I think I need help!! lol  :yes:
Bookmark and Share
PEACE, LOVE AND HAPPINESS !

Tags: