Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: feeling blah and tired  (Read 2243 times)

Offline dadof2girls

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
feeling blah and tired
« on: February 01, 2011, 09:06:14 AM »
Does anyone go through periods with your anxiety where you feel blah and just tired both physically and mentally? Its weird because I dont feel anxious, however, for the past week I have been blah, tired, short tempered and having a hard time being motivated to exercise or do things round the house and of course this is just starting to let my HA creep in wondering if there is something physically wrong with me. any thoughts?
Bookmark and Share
Within Great Difficulty lies Opportunity!

Offline Chronic_Perfectionist

• Rec's: 11
  • Please, Be Kind To Yourself
    • Poke This Member
Re: feeling blah and tired
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 10:27:12 AM »
I feel this way too sometimes. Anxiety pushes your body to the max emotionally and physically. Thus, I often feel tired on some days as my anxiousness wore me down the previous day or earlier that day.

I find that it is good to avoid caffeine if possible. It is only a temporary re-fueler, and later often causes more anxiety. If desperate, I drink a small cup of tea, as tea has been shown to increase energy without causing the jitteriness of coffee (I think black teas are esp. good for not causing jiteriness).

A diet rich in healthy fiber and carbohydrates (not sugar) seems to help regulate energy throughout the day. I think it is also important to take breaks throughout the day, to just sit and relax and recharge. Sometimes a nice hot showers helps wake me back up too, especially if I use one of those cologne soaps like old spice, etc. The smells are awakening. Plus, up beat music helps too. If I am too tired to exercise, I will listen to my MP3 player for a while, start off exercising slow, and the music usually helps get me get moving again at my normal pace.
Bookmark and Share
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference...

Offline Grandma

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 01:11:29 PM »
Hi dad -

It sounds to me like you might be experiencing some mild depression.  Anxiety and depression often go hand in hand.

If you haven't had a complete physical lately, it's time to call your doctor.  If the doctor rules out any physical cause of your tiredness, he/she may prescribe an antidepressant/antianxiety medication to help you feel better.

Or, if you're lucky, Chronic Pefectionist's will do the trick!

Love, Grandma
Bookmark and Share

Offline dadof2girls

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2011, 02:28:50 PM »

Thanks both for the great advice. I've seen the doctor about a month ago for a sinus infection and he said all looked good. I'm also do this month for my yearly bloodwork and I have been on lexapro for 5 years now. I think part of my problem is mental because once I get exercising or moving I am fine, in fact, feel a lot better. My days are very long as well as I have a 2 hr commute to work, leave the house at 6 and dont get home until 6:30. Couple this with a little one that has the 2-3X a week nightmares that wake me up from a sound sleep and I am pooped! My psychologist says its common to feel mild depression this time of year especially in the  north east as we are blanketed with snow, but my HA always makes a point to creep in some how!
Bookmark and Share
Within Great Difficulty lies Opportunity!

Offline QtTiffles

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2011, 02:41:37 PM »
2 hour commute?!!? WOW! Time to move I'd say!

But yes, try to remember that once you start to move, you feel better! Exercise can do wonders for the body, mentally and physically!
Bookmark and Share

Offline wiegehts

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2011, 02:52:12 PM »
Does anyone go through periods with your anxiety where you feel blah and just tired both physically and mentally? Its weird because I dont feel anxious, however, for the past week I have been blah, tired, short tempered and having a hard time being motivated to exercise or do things round the house and of course this is just starting to let my HA creep in wondering if there is something physically wrong with me. any thoughts?

to me that sounds like typical signs of depression.
same with me,and anti depressants help a lot!
Bookmark and Share
Replace fear of the unknown with curiousity

Tags: