Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Random head pains  (Read 2578 times)

Offline Will182

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Random head pains
« on: January 23, 2011, 06:49:05 PM »
Hey, i've noticed i seem to stress about pains alot within the past year or so, i've been getting head pains and aches for the last month/month and half... Usually like mild shooting/sharp pains as well as some 'sinus' like aches... some times feel light headed etc, and sometimes when i push down on a certain part of my scalp/head i get a shooting pain
I tend to get a stiiff and painful jaw as well, so maybe the pressing pain is tense muscles etc?? anyone else have similar things?

I sometimes convince myself it's something serious, but are these really even symptons of something bad?  I had similar head pains etc early 2010, which went after a while so surely if something was bad they wouldn't have gone with nothing else, right?

cheers
Bookmark and Share

Offline GreenThumb

• Rec's: 10
    • Poke This Member
Re: Random head pains
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 09:17:47 PM »
All of your symptoms seem to be anxiety related. I've experienced so many headaches with anxiety - shooting pains, dull aches, that tight band-around-the-head pain, targeted pins-and-needles, dizziness, you name it. You're right, if it were something more serious then it wouldn't be going away like it does.

Some things that I've found helpful for headaches include a cold washcloth on your forehead, along with a good neck/shoulder rub - so many of the pains that we feel in our head are caused by muscle tension. A good massage can really help with this.
Bookmark and Share
Keep Calm and Carry On...

Offline JavaJoy01

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 09:44:54 PM »
I get them so does my mom.  I've heard they are called head zaps.  usually linked to anxiety and sinuses.. I dunno but I must be honest and say I freak when they happen.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Will182

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2011, 05:29:25 AM »
Cheers guys (:
Bookmark and Share

Tags: