Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: feeling disconnected with family, cant stand it.. why, oh why..  (Read 2335 times)

Offline losthobbit

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
feeling disconnected with family, cant stand it.. why, oh why..
« on: December 05, 2010, 03:20:52 AM »
i have been panicked over the start of new classes (in high school) this past week..I had sudden attacks of strong anxiety over the small change of a new trimester, after a relatively peaceful thanksgiving break. basically been in an anxiety fog ever since Monday morning, almost unaware and out of control of whats happening. after the traumatic week of being in panic mode, like 24/7, it finally ended, the weekend started. yet i t ends u like the light at the end of the tunnel turns out to be just another trick. the weekend isnt as bad as being in school, but i just feel out of it again, and unable to be myself.

the worst part of this, whats been happening, is how i feel around my family. i want to feel normal, how i used to be, and be at least in the realm of my family. but i feel disconnected when im around them, its such a horrible feeling. now that im sitting in front of the computer in my "comfort zone" at 12:00, i desire so much to connect with them again. but at the moments when im with them (my  parents and sister), i get anxiety symptoms that can get unbearable. I feel great remorse during these kind of moments, when i look back on the day and i actually feel in the right mind. but i lose the sense of "right mind" when i wake up the next day with a new symptom. i cant stand the cycle.

I feel so overwhelmed, i dont know what to do, i love my family deep down but when around them i feel out of it. Sometimes I want to tell them sorry for everything, all the ***** that Ive caused with my disorder. this anxiety causes me to lose all my intentions in life, all i ever wanted.

I just dont know anymore, ive had this severe shitt for two years now, and what i wrote above, has probably happened many times. every start of a new trimester, probably is always like this. ITS JUST HELL. ARGhhhhhhh
Bookmark and Share
"The only thing to fear is fear itself"
I'm having a problem with that..

Offline Beligirl

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: feeling disconnected with family, cant stand it.. why, oh why..
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2010, 05:03:55 AM »
Hi losthobbit,

I'm new to this anxiety thing and wish I had the answers for you, but I'm trying to sort through this myself. I have nocturnal panic attacks and am on medication. They've reduced, but I still have them.
Anxiety takes us down and tries to keep us there. It's a h*ll of a battle to get back up, and sometimes we're just too tired.

I'm so glad you're here; in the months I've been reading and posting, I've received so much support from other GAD and PAD sufferers. You will too; you are not alone!!!
{{hugs}}
Bookmark and Share

Tags: