Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Helpful worksheets/ workbooks/ exercises for the mind?  (Read 619 times)

Offline eg4238

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Helpful worksheets/ workbooks/ exercises for the mind?
« on: November 04, 2010, 08:03:52 PM »
I have read a few posts where people refer to filling out TEA forms on a daily basis to help with their anxiety. What is this?  I have been going to CBT therapy but i don't really feel like it has been very helpful. (i.e- just talk about my problems, counselor shows points out negative thinking, and how to replace it with positive thoughts)  I feel like if I had something more concrete, like a worksheet or homework assignment to do daily, I would make more progress. I find it hard to just change my thoughts and think positively... I am feeling very frustrated, and that I should be making more progress at this point.  How does everyone do it? Any workbooks, worksheets? How do you stick with it and stay motivated?  It is hard when someone tells you to change your thinking and you really don't know how.

Bookmark and Share

Offline rosepetal77

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
Re: Helpful worksheets/ workbooks/ exercises for the mind?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2010, 09:03:39 AM »
I"ve been using some self-help workbooks for anxiety. Why don't you go to amazon and see what you can find? I started with the cognitive-behavioral therapy workbook for dummies just to get the basics down, but since you've been in counseling you could probably use something more in-depth. You could also ask your counselor if he/she has any recommendations. I agree that CBT is something you should practice every day.
Bookmark and Share

Offline crazygirl1

• Rec's: 9
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2010, 10:39:44 AM »
its hard to explain...google TEA forms.
Its basically writing down every negative thought & then analyzing it in 2 ways. First you say whether or not this is a rational fear ( yoru thought) then you write what is the likely outcome as opposed to what you think will be hte outcome. Your therapist should be able to guide you better. I cant afford therapy right now, and I havent keept up n doing these forms but when I do them, I can see them helping a lot. Good luck!
Bookmark and Share
Revelation 7:17
 ... and God will wipe every tear from their eyes."

Offline Celine1

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2014, 03:29:22 PM »
I learned them in the book by Obitz www.tao3.com. Hard to explain but pretty basic exercise that works wonders :)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: