Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Anxiety and UTI symptoms...  (Read 12197 times)

Offline grodriguez0389

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Anxiety and UTI symptoms...
« on: September 25, 2010, 04:33:44 PM »
Hey everyone i know this might be gross to some but ive been having problems... ive had alot of pain down in my lower sides like where your kidneys would be... and below that if you know what i mean... also ive been having cloudy and foul smelling urine... sry all this sounds gross but the thing is, is that ive been tested for UTI and it came back negative.... so im wondering if this can be anxiety related... idk what else to think of it... hopefully yall can shed some light on all this thx everyone...
Bookmark and Share

Offline MJG03

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Anxiety and UTI symptoms...
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2010, 07:33:44 PM »
I had this exact same thing a few years ago. This was actually my first set of "symptoms" that were caused by anxiety. I had had a serious UTI a couple years before that so the anxiety was mimicking it. I went to the doctor probably 5 times convinced I had a UTI and the test always came back negative. Once I finally realized it was stress related(I had just moved out on my own) it went away.
Bookmark and Share

Online JunoX

• No One Rules If No One Obeys
  • Rec's: 17
  • Mood: Grumpy
    Grumpy
  • Where the mind goes, the body follows.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2010, 07:42:11 PM »
Ive had these same symtoms years ago and they lasted for a very long time. I went to countless doctors and my tests always came back negative. No UTI was ever found. They couldnt make heads or tails of what was happening to me. I was so convinced that I had some type of infection in my bladder, urethra, kidneys, everywhere, I thought it was eatting me alive. The strange thing is that once I accepted the fact that I didnt have anything, it went away, totally and completely. Sort of like what happened to the poster above me. So strange but true.
Bookmark and Share
The woods are lovely, dark and deep. 
But I have promises to keep, 
And miles to go before I sleep, 
And miles to go before I sleep.
~Robert Frost

Offline Bella Roma

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2010, 10:51:32 PM »
After I had my second child I was convinced that I had some kind of UTI because I had pain and other strange feelings.  I was tested and told it was negative, so I called the doctor for advice on why I kept having pain.  The nurse told me to drink cranberry juice.  I thought this was just for bladder infections, but she told me that while it won't clear an infection, it can clear out irritants that make you feel like you have a UTI.  I drank it for a few days and the pain went away.  Feel better!   :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share

Offline ZonaMatt

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2010, 11:24:34 PM »
Actually I have a doctor confirmation that anxiety causes UTI symptoms. Last week I went in because of having frequent urges to urinate and overall an unpleasant feeling in that whole area. My doctor saw I was on clonazepam and said that anxiety can cause similar issues, until my test came back positive for an infection lol. Lucky me  :P
Bookmark and Share

Offline grodriguez0389

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2010, 11:54:53 AM »
thx guys i mean ive heard of anxiety causing these symptoms but i wasnt sure... i just didnt understand that if i had UTI why  was it showing up negative... i kept thinking to myself what if the test wasnt accurate... thx for reading and replying guys and gals... really appreciated...
Bookmark and Share

Tags: