Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Weird, Insane thoughts. Does OCD cause this?  (Read 5908 times)

Offline Jeska16

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
Weird, Insane thoughts. Does OCD cause this?
« on: June 28, 2010, 08:02:03 PM »
I have been struggling with anxiety and depression for years now. I have weird thoughts about people I meet. I've been with my boyfriend for almost for years.  It's been great. Sometimes we have our bad moments because of my anxiety. Lately I've been getting  intrusive thoughts of when I meet someone new...guy or girl....after spending time getting to know them I have thoughts where I feel like I love them and it just feels like I'm cheating on my boyfriend. I tell him what I go through and my boyfriend thinks I'm losing it. It scares me cause this is stupid and insane. I wonder if it's all in my head.  And the Anxiety just gets so bad. I freak out and my heart races and I have the what if what ifs .Is it anxiety?  OCD? Or is it something else? I love my boyfriend to death, but having these weird thoughts really knock me down. If anyone ever had something like this please let me know. Thanks.
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 214
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
Re: Weird, Insane thoughts. Does OCD cause this?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 08:21:25 AM »
anxiety causes intrusive thoughts too.  I think all of the anxiety disorders kind of mix in with each other.
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline surfmonkey

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2010, 02:41:12 PM »
Hey there. I'm going through this right now actually! I think it is ocd bc I obsess about a certain person and I really don't want to. But to control the thoughts I think cleaning somehow will help me control it. I thought for so long I was in love with this person but I know I'm def not in love. I don't even like the person but I imagine myself telling this person my life story and every thought I get I think to tell this person. I had sexual unwanted thoughts about this person as well. If these are unwanted but obsessive I personally feel its ocd. Your soooo not alone!! Do you have a ritual? Anything you do to try and control these unwanted thoughts? Tell your bf to chill on you bc your not crazy! You just can't help it :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Smoky Jo

• Rec's: 6
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Tatoo Artist
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2010, 11:02:08 AM »
Hi,

I feel it is part of your anxiety, not OCD.

Sounds like a form of social anxiety.

Seek some professional advise to be sure.

Take care

Bookmark and Share
Let Fear help cure yourself...It will tell you what is worst for you...Do It !!

Offline goawayanxiety

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2010, 01:17:10 AM »
Hi. I realize your post is a month old, but I wanted to tell you that you are not alone.  I've been with my guy for 16 years. I love him very much.  About a year ago I started thinking about my ex-husband. I hadn't thought about him at all for many years.  The more I thought about him, the more I got anxious and couldn't stop thinking about him.  And then of course I felt guilty and felt compelled to tell my boyfriend what I was thinking.
Now I have a new one.  someone I dated many years ago, has sent me a ***** message telling me he was sorry about how our relationship ended.  Of course, now I can't stop thinking of him and it is driving me out of my mind.  I think what is his girfriend like, how do they interact together, you name it, I think it.  I do not love this person at all, but can't stop thinking of him.
Just wanted you to know you're not alone.  I think that when we have a particular thought that makes us anxious, we feel worse, the anxiety gets worse and it's a vicious cycle.  Take care and let's both RELAX!
Bookmark and Share

Offline intekk94

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2011, 10:30:58 PM »
wat do u mean u started a new one?
Bookmark and Share

Offline intekk94

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2011, 10:39:54 PM »
i mean have a new one?boyfriend?
Bookmark and Share

Tags: