Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Feeling like you're "fading away"?  (Read 3033 times)

Offline esthergreenwood

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
Feeling like you're "fading away"?
« on: June 03, 2010, 05:29:33 PM »
I find that as my panic has gotten under control with meds and CBT, I no longer have full blown panic attacks, but I still get unconfortable sometimes. One problem I have is feeling like nothing is specifically wrong, but I just feel like I'm going to fade away, like I am going to just stop breathing or collapse and die, even though I feel physically fine in terms of my heart etc. Does anyone else get this? I finally know it is just panic, I am just curious if I'm alone in this symptom.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Stardust2

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Feeling like you're "fading away"?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010, 07:24:01 PM »
Your not alone sometimes I feel like that. I think it's just the anxiety trying to convince you that something could happen when you feel good.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Gottamakeit

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Feeling like you're "fading away"?
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2010, 02:03:43 PM »
I have found that I always have the same internal conflicts and upsetting thoughts, it's just that when my anxiety spikes, they are louder and all I can hear. But even with low levels of anxiety, on meds, they are there, they just don't bother me as much.

May be something similar to what you are experiencing.......a "toned down' version of your anxiety. Try deep, slow breathing, regular exercise, enough sleep, no caffeine or alcohol, and a balanced food in terms of their glycemic index, so your blood sugar doesn't get too low, which can trigger anxiety. These things might help to tone your anxiety down even lower. They do for me.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: