It has been brought to my attention that some members are having trouble logging into their account and that some members who have forgotten their password and have used the forum's password reset tool have experienced trouble logging in with their new password. For months I have seen "password incorrect" errors in the logs so I assumed some members were having trouble logging in but I was never sure how to fix the problem (even though I tried many times). Here then is the procedure for resetting your password (and at the bottom, how to get the site to recognize your existing password if you have trouble logging in)...
1) Go here ----> http://www.anxietyzone.com/index.php?action=reminder
2) You will see the following...
3) Now type in the email address you used when you signed up for an account and click "Continue".
4) Now you should see the following...
5) Check your email (including "Junk" and/or "Trash" folders) and follow the instructions. If you have special restrictions set by your email provider or have spam blocking software installed contact your provider or check your spam settings. Some email clients/services are set up to automatically delete junk email. Check these settings as well so your password reset email doesn't accidentally get deleted.
The password reset email you receive should have the following title...New password for Anxiety Forums & Chat Rooms
The message in the password reset email should look like this...
This mail was sent because the 'forgot password' function has been applied to your account. To set a new password click the following link:
6) Now click on the link in the email. You should now see the following...Note:
The password field may or may not already be filled out.
7) Regardless (and this is very important) remove the password (dots) that appear and MANUALLY
type in (or paste) your new password into the "Password" field and click "Login".
Your browser should thereafter remember your new password (most do by default unless you have opted to not have it remember your passwords).
If you do not
need to reset your password but are simply having trouble getting the site to recognize your existing password so that you can login, use the link provided below and again, MANUALLY
type in your password...http://www.anxietyzone.com/index.php?action=login
Also remember that clearing cookies in your browser can wipe out any passwords you have saved and that you will need to have cookies enabled in order to use the site.
- Regards, GreyGoose