Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Oily film on urine surface?  (Read 60125 times)

Offline wowthisismetoaT

• Rec's: 3
    • Poke This Member
Oily film on urine surface?
« on: March 25, 2010, 09:07:36 PM »
Anyone have this before?  I have had bladder issues on and off for the last 6 months now.  Mostly it is feeling like i need to go sometimes when I don't.  Other times, I don't have bladder issues at all.  A few times over the last month, I have had an oily type film on my urine.  I thought it was from lotion on my skin.  Nope.  Thought it could be from my who ha.  Nope.  Now I am down to thinking this must really be something in my urine. 

I googled.  Bad me.  While nothing says "cancer," some things say "liver issues."  That sucks!  I am taking two meds that are tough on the liver (one of the meds is only for 14 days a month though).

I called the dr today and he told me that he didn't think it was my liver...but I am not really sure he had a clue what it could be.  I have had my urine checked several times, but it was back in Dec/Jan and I am not sure if it was doing this then or not.  My urine was always perfect and clear.  I don't have a UTI, no symptoms and dipstick test was negative.

When I googled, possibilities were keytones in my urine (but I am not starved or dehydrated or diabetic), excretion of fat (though why my urine would excrete fat all of a sudden, I have no idea), and liver issues.  the meds were the first thing that came to my mind, but my doctor said I would probably be yellow and having light colored stools if my liver were involved.

Has anyone ever had this before and if you did...what was it?
Bookmark and Share
"Life isn't measured by the breaths you take but by the moments in life that take your breath away"

Offline wowthisismetoaT

• Poke This Member
Re: Oily film on urine surface?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2010, 10:24:47 AM »
hmm..guess I am all alone on this one.  :(
Bookmark and Share
"Life isn't measured by the breaths you take but by the moments in life that take your breath away"

Offline tair

• Rec's: 0
  • tair
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2010, 11:32:27 AM »
are you taking any vitamins or capsules of oils? that will do it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Jenfr8801

• Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2010, 12:19:22 PM »
Maybe its something you're cleaning your toilet with??  Maybe the solution and urine mixing make it look like oil on the surface. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Jenfr8801

• Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2010, 12:23:00 PM »
I wanted to add that a friend of mine was having liver issues, and the whites of her eyes were noticeably yellow.  I can't remember what caused it, but it was fixed, and she's fine.  I doubt that its your liver....there was something very noticeably wrong with her. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline KatB

• Rec's: 5
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2010, 12:46:24 PM »
If you are taking any Salmon Oil capsules or vitamins? Does your urine have a strong smell?

Kat  :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share

Offline SkittishSari

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2010, 03:01:31 PM »
I can't remember an exact point but I am sure this has happened to me. If you had liver issues you'd have other symtoms as well (like yellow eyes and skin, weird poo, etc). It's more likely just something you ate. :-)
Bookmark and Share

Offline wowthisismetoaT

• Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2010, 10:24:07 PM »
I went to the doc today for this and there was a "small amount" of bilirubin found in my urine.  Dr checked liver enzymes, but I will not know anything until Monday.  I am freaking out.  Dr. is not terribly concerned.
Bookmark and Share

Offline gridder

• Rec's: 10
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2010, 11:01:02 PM »
T - Worry when your doctor worries. I would also suggest that when you go to the bathroom you don't look back. You don't need to be sending yourself on any wild goose chases. They are expensive for your mental health. I, too, have urinary issues occasionally, but I am trying to train myself to not look and not obsess over sensations that originate from easily the most sensitive area on the body.

Hang in there.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: