Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Freaking out about...BEING ALIVE  (Read 8038 times)

Offline kjohop

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
Re: Freaking out about...BEING ALIVE
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2010, 02:31:58 PM »
You are so not alone!

Been there.. I can remember a time when I was afraid of the fact that I was thinking.. anything.. I was also afraid of my hands. You will laugh at this one day. Hopefully sooner than later.

There is a post over in Phobias that I started that talks about all of the outrageous fears.. I think I called it "Share you outrageous fears". You should go read it and share yours! I still laugh when I read it.

Hope you are feeling better!
Bookmark and Share
~ Nancy

To search for perfection is all very well, but to look for heaven is to live here in hell. ~ Sting

Offline mojojojo

• Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2010, 08:48:10 PM »
It's a little disheartenening when you fear being alive- because it is like hitting rock bottom. It's worse when you are a Christian- trust me I know. Even though this is just many of my irrational fears, I still have life to live: job, friends, family, etc. I have faith that one day I will be free from mental bondage and when I envision deliverance from this it comforts me.
Bookmark and Share

Offline freedish

• Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2010, 02:03:15 AM »

You'll laugh at it one of these days.  I've got to admit I laughed a little bit at the arms thing...only because I know exactly what you are talking about.  I've had that same anxiety over breathing, too, as well as heartbeat.  I have to do both to live and there is nothing I can do about it.  I had this overwhelming sensation that my heart needed a break...but it can't take a break.  It just beats all the time endlessly.

i can relate to this so much...god its so GOOD to hear you say this. for months (Even still) all i can think about is my heart beating, and i want it to slow down...i obsess over it sometimes...i want to slow it down but i cant..i guess its a control thing...i try not to think about it but sometimes i just cant help it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline denirig

• Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2010, 01:20:52 PM »
I agree we have to retrain our brains it's not easy but I am finding that it does work. The hard part is being patient.
Bookmark and Share
God Bless
denirig

relearning how to live life to the fullest and thanking God all the way:)

Offline Stephen Tony

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2014, 01:31:16 AM »
Its crazy finding a person who has the same feelings. I seriously thought I was alone. It really started like 2 years ago, but only when I smoked weed, and still kinda only when I smoke weed. I mean I still think about it when I'm sober, but for some reason it doesn't freak me out as much and I can get over it and be my "normal" self.

But I really think its our spirit. I mean it feels that way to me, because when I feel it I feel like my body is just some vessel that I can involuntarily control. I mean what if its just us as are spirit self realizing we are in this human body and in this physical dimension.

It really got bad a few weeks ago when I saw a home video of myself when I was like 11. After I watched it it just hit me. The thought that we get old and can't go back to when we were younger and the simple thought of time itself and the ability to think about when we were younger, but not being able to physically revisit that time. After that simply thought it just opened up a can worms and I began thinking about my heart and how it's inside of my chest beating. After that it felt like I was having a mini heart attack or something and that I was actually dying.

I know it sounds crazy, but it's really just the human brain think TOOOO hard. I mean when I'm in public sometimes it really feels like I'm the Matrix and this is just a simulation. Like everyone around me are just robots. Maybe the person behind that movie has the same type of phobia we have, who knows. I know I'm not crazy though, just thinking "out of the box" so to speak. That or I'm seeing live as a spirit being. Either way it helps me calm down a except this physical realm. So much it makes me believe that whatever I do will shape how successful or unsuccessful I am in what we perceive as "life" or "reality". Actually writing this post is helping me solidify this thoughts even further.

I am just happy I'm not alone. There has been 47K views on this post so WE are not alone!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lunatone

• Rec's: 21
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2014, 09:11:37 AM »
I know it sounds crazy, but it's really just the human brain think TOOOO hard. I mean when I'm in public sometimes it really feels like I'm the Matrix and this is just a simulation. Like everyone around me are just robots. Maybe the person behind that movie has the same type of phobia we have, who knows. I know I'm not crazy though, just thinking "out of the box" so to speak. That or I'm seeing live as a spirit being. Either way it helps me calm down a except this physical realm. So much it makes me believe that whatever I do will shape how successful or unsuccessful I am in what we perceive as "life" or "reality". Actually writing this post is helping me solidify this thoughts even further.

you can push that feeling, you know. intentionally do it to a point where it won't bother you. The idea is you simply go all out, and endure all those sensations at once, until they have no power over you.

It is extremely hard to do, but it has a 100% success rate if you do it. Simply go into the bathroom, close the door, and stare into your own eyes in the mirror. Do this for a mere 15 minutes. Don't do anything but look, dont look away, don't fidget or anything. just stare straight at yourself, standing still.

If you can make it that entire time, I guarantee you will see things differently. Most people do not make it five minutes, however. Still, it can't hurt you.
Bookmark and Share

anything