Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Clogged ear, sinus drainage, possible enlarged lymph node?  (Read 11491 times)

Offline mominpanic

• Rec's: 3
    • Poke This Member
Clogged ear, sinus drainage, possible enlarged lymph node?
« on: February 24, 2010, 11:40:51 AM »
On Sunday night, my right ear all of a sudden felt warm and stayed like that for a couple hours. That went away, but since then that same ear has felt clogged and at times hurts a little bit, and every once in awhile I feel a little pain that goes down my jaw line from that ear. I bought some ear drops, but I don't really think it has helped; in fact, when I do the drops, I end up being a little lightheaded and dizzy, which I don't like.  I am also a little more congested on that side than usual. I have a history of sinus problems, especially on that side, but over the past month have been doing sinus washings, and that really seems to have helped. I also notice a lymph node under my jaw on that side seems a little bit enlarged compared to the opposite side. I'm really trying hard not to freak out about that lymph node and logic is telling me it has to be associated with the congestion and clogged ear. Should I be worried about this? How long do you think I should wait before going to the doctor? Please help me to stay calm  ::)
Bookmark and Share
A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones - Proverbs 17:22

Offline panicky

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
Re: Clogged ear, sinus drainage, possible enlarged lymph node?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 11:50:41 AM »
Definitely sounds like sinuses to me!!! I get them too.  Do you have pain in your ear?  If so, then I would go to the dr., because if it's an ear infection, you'll need an antiobiotic.  I would stop the ear drops if they make you dizzy.  That could also be signs of an inner ear infection.  And I think your sinuses run along your jaw, correct?  That could explain that pain.  And the lymph node too, especially if it's on the same side.  Whenever I get mouth ulcers (which is all the time), the lymph node goes up on that side under the jaw.

Hope I was of some help.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Northeast14

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 12:28:20 PM »
I had the same thing last year, I get sinus issues a lot but I had pain in my ear so i thought it could be an ear infection.  Went to the Dr. and was put on antibiotic for a sinus infection.  If you dont feel better I would call your Dr. (not because I think it is anything serious) but because if it does turn out to be an infection they can put you on meds to make you feel better.  Dont freak out though, I have a TON of sinus issues and your symptoms sound sinus related...feel better!
Bookmark and Share

Offline emma09

• Rec's: 4
  • What doesnt kill you only makes you stronger (:
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2010, 12:29:41 PM »
i get sinus issues,  would just see a docter for some anti b's just sounds like a harmless infection
Bookmark and Share
fill your head with niceness and leave the rest :)

Offline mominpanic

• Rec's: 3
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2010, 12:51:02 PM »
Thanks everyone for your responses.  I think another thing that worries me (which probably shouldn't) is the fact that I have a goiter on that side as well and it's a little aggrevated from all this as well.  I did put a call in to the doctor just in case it is infection, and they're supposed to call me back within 4 hours.  So now I just get to wait!
Bookmark and Share
A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones - Proverbs 17:22

Offline taraH

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2010, 12:59:55 PM »
I was getting ready to post the exact same thing--almost.  My ears have both been clogged for a few days.  I had a recurring ear infection in october and november. thought it past, but now both ears are acting up with nasal congestion as well, and at times a sinus pressure head ache.  It's got me FREAKED OUT TOO!  there isn't pain in the ear, and I can hear it trying to clear when I blow my nose, but it won't...help!  How long should you give it to heal before you head to the doctor?  Sudafed isn't doing much. 
Bookmark and Share

Tags: