Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Face and neck hot but no fever  (Read 57071 times)

Offline albanymba

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
Face and neck hot but no fever
« on: December 22, 2009, 07:53:12 PM »
Does anyone else get this? Throughout the day my face will get blazing hot... Sometimes my cheeks and neck, but other times my ears and forehead too. Temperature is always normal though.

I'll often notice it and then it will get worse when I think about it... For all I know back in the days before I had anxiety, my face could have been hot all the time and I never noticed. Or maybe it's an anxiety symptom?? Or maybe a bit of both...

Thoughts??? Thanks for any input

Chris
Bookmark and Share

Offline abaggett2

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
Re: Face and neck hot but no fever
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2009, 09:30:09 PM »
Hi Chris,
This is just your anxiety messing with you.  I too get really hot flashes.  Mine has tapered off for now, but if I get tense and stressed I still get hot.  The best thing for mine is a fan.  I keep one on my desk at work and when I feel myself getting warm I turn it on.  Also, try to keep yourself cool, don't wear warm, constricting clothing and do layers, so if you get warm you can take something off.  I also put a cold pack on my face and neck if I get really hot at home.  I don't drink anything hot, eat really spicy food, and I also try to do deep breathing to keep it from getting really hot.
But all in all...it is something our bodies and minds do to make sure we are aware of Anxiety...the beast!!  I hate it but plan to do my best to beat it!  Keep on posting and God bless!
Bookmark and Share
Have a blessed day!  God Loves you!

Offline theunrealme

• Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2009, 08:02:03 PM »
First, your not alone. When I was first diagnosed with gad with panic 2 and half years ago I never got red in the face or at least that I could tell, but last year it freaked me out so I went to the dermatologist who told  me I may have bouts of rosescea (spelling incorrect) gave me a prescription for some lotion, but I dont get red all the time just maybe 3 x a month maybe 4 if that.........For me, out of no where, I feel hot then I go look in the mirror and sure enough I have red cheeks and reck upper chest/neck region and the more I think about it  I think it gets redder...........I dont know how old you are, but I'm 39, female, and I thought it had to do with possible fluctuations with hormone levels, which I dont rule out, but there really is no concrete answer other than the fact that I am pale, but not albino pale like my daughter.........Also, when you do strenous exercise do you get really red in the face???        Since I am a runner, I have always gotten red and blotchy in the face mroe so than any other area on my body but it goes away with rest after a long run, so I really dont bother myself abou it..................................I dont know if this helped or not, but your not alone and maybe if your just pale skinned, maybe it only happens to us more frequently.....
Bookmark and Share
Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind puts me!

Offline theunrealme

• Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2009, 08:03:50 PM »
I did not see your avator before posting the above  note,,,it seems you are light skinned as well, so maybe those of us  with more light skinned have this symptom of our anxiety?? Also, I never have fevers when I'm red either.
Bookmark and Share
Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind puts me!

Offline rox011

• Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2009, 06:32:52 PM »
Hey Chris

The same thing happened to me last month. My face and neck felt hot but I had no fever. I thought I had the flu for 2 months. My Dr's suggested I take Lorazepam twice a day until it passed and it helped. I know it's a very annoying symptom and I posted here about it. I had my husband  touching my forehead and neck constantly and I would take my temp convinced I had a fever.

Hope this helps and happy holidays
Bookmark and Share

Offline will69

• Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2009, 07:03:19 PM »
I suffered from these a lot right after my panic attack last month (where I lost my job).  For me, it often happened when I was laying in bed at night -- and then I would get all sweaty and then get all chilled (because it's winter time).  It was not fun.

Since then I still get anxious, but the hot flashes aren't as common which is good.  However, I think most of us who get panic attacks also get the hot flashes.
Bookmark and Share

Offline albanymba

• Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2009, 05:25:53 PM »
Thanks for the input guys I really appreciate it, it's definitely an unsettling symptom. Lately I have not had too many anxiety symptoms except for that "hot flash"... and wicked tension headaches that stem from insanely tight neck muscles. Not too comfortable but it's better than a couple months ago when I was having full blown attacks with multiple symptoms at once. Still a pain in the butt though, but at least I'll worry less about them now.

And yes to the poster who asked if I get red when I work out, I do tend to be very red in the face when I work out.
Bookmark and Share

Offline arijones1

• Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2009, 06:14:28 PM »
i get this, i start checking my temp a few times, its always normal
Bookmark and Share

Offline albanymba

• Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2010, 02:12:22 PM »
For a while I carried a digital thermometer everywhere I went, and then I realized that I was probably getting a little obsessive... haha
Bookmark and Share

Offline jgp

• Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2010, 07:38:04 PM »
Hey Chris,

My name is Justin and I'm actually from your neck of the woods.  I live just west of Albany out near Cobleskill. 

Anyway, I know all about the "derealization" feeling.  For me it's a constant lightheaded, sort of "stoned" feeling.  I still haven't pinpointed it, but have been dealing with it on and off for the past 10 years.  When it first came about I did what your doing and got every type of test possible which all came out okay.  Finally, after about two months of hell, my doctor put me on an antidepressant.  Within a week I felt like myself again.  Unfortunately, the feeling seems to hit again every couple of years.  When it has I end up upping my dosage or changing my meds which seemed to be my quick fix.  Now it has come back again and i have decided to try and tackle it through other means, other than meds.  I'm seeing and talking to a very good social worker, trying to make some lifestyle changes (cutting back on my drinking, trying to quit smoking), and just trying to be honest with myself and the people around me about this condition.  It's a tough road to hoe and maybe I will have too up my meds, but talking about it definitely seems to make a difference.  Thats why I really like this forum because the people here have firsthand experience with these conditions. 

So if you ever want to chat, you can reach me on here or through my email which is on my profile page.  Best of luck and lookin forward to hearin from ya!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: