Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: when i breath it feels like my chest is on fire...  (Read 7339 times)

Offline John19a

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
when i breath it feels like my chest is on fire...
« on: October 26, 2009, 01:33:18 PM »
i have been having this weird burning kind of feeling on the right side of my chest (feels like my chest is on fire) for the past 3 days and its getting worse. I dont have a flu, and i have no fever or any other flu symptoms. I do spend a lot of time behind the laptop but it doesnt feel like a muscle spam, or strained muscle at all. Whenever i breath it just feel like someone is pouring hot water on the right side of my chest. I went to the doctor today and he checked my temperature and my chest sounded clear, and my blood pressure was fine. So he told if im under a lot of stress recently and i said NO. So he is sending me for an x-ray and an ECG, and another heart test. And to be honest i have had it with health anxiety and i just dont want to put myself in the cycle again and start freaking out. I have 3 midterms this week and i have no time worrying about having pneumonia, cancer, heart problems and etc.

Has someone ever experienced this problem before? Could it be anxiety related? Could it because i sit on my bed and spend the whole day on my laptop? it doesnt feel like muscle at all and it doesnt hurt when i press on it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline splashjj

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
Re: when i breath it feels like my chest is on fire...
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2009, 02:41:48 PM »
John,

Definitely keep up with the Doc stuff.  Even if there is nothing, if you are like me, it will help your anxiety to know all is okay.  When Docs think it is medically warranted to check you out there is not reason to second guess it.

On the flip side, I got to say while I wouldn't describe it exactly like you are, I have had very similar feelings in my chest.  Mine feels like it is a sharp pain/pulling between my ribs.  But at times it is a burning in a specific area.  I have had ECG, an Echo, and a stress test with all normal results.  Mine also never reproduces when I push on the spot.

I hear you about this Health Anxiety stuff it is no fun.  The more I accept that it is there and that I am okay, and can be okay in the future even if the symptoms don't all go away, the better I am (See some of Pan's posts).  Try and concentrate on studying and those pesky midterms.  Good Luck...
Bookmark and Share

Offline AnxiousMatt

• Rec's: 9
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2009, 06:18:10 PM »
Most likely chest wall pain from being on the computer hunched over too much...I get the exact same thing, will the burn and achy feeling when I breath in. I initially went to the doc about and got the full heart work up as well. Nothing bad came out of it...much like yours will be :)
Bookmark and Share
Check out my blog! It might help you!

http://www.anxietyzone.com/index.php?article=18998.0

Offline share99

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2014, 09:56:29 PM »
I have had that feeling several times... it happened when I had Valley Fever.  If they haven't done a ct scan of your chest you might have them do one.  Just a suggestion as when they just took an xray nothing showed.. when they did the CT scan they saw things growing.  Since then I have had similar occurances that feel like a tight chest, coughing, dizziness, and leg cramps.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: