Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Wake up in morning...adrenaline racing?  (Read 8383 times)

Offline itsjustme

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
Wake up in morning...adrenaline racing?
« on: November 18, 2006, 09:21:27 AM »
Do any of you ever wake up in the morning and feel adrenaline racing? I feel it coursing in my arms. I'm not mentally anxious, but it's uncomfortable and makes it hard to go back to sleep. I sleep well through the night. If I wake up in the middle of the night, this isn't happening. Just at 7 or 8 in the morning. And I want to sleep later. :(

Why is this happening? What can I do to make it better?
Bookmark and Share

Offline angela52884

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
Re: Wake up in morning...adrenaline racing?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2006, 04:11:43 PM »
Hey, I have a question, can you describe the feeling of when you have adrenaline racing through your arms??? I have woke up many times and I guess both my arms have had a strange feeling, almost like a shaky feeling or something?? Im not sure how to explain it. Do  you think that is what it is???
Bookmark and Share

Offline itsjustme

• Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2006, 10:01:22 PM »
Hey, the feeling can sometimes vary. Sometimes my arms do feel shakey, sometimes weak, sometimes heavy, or sometimes a little numb feeling. But mostly shakey & weak. And I just wake up with an overall feeling of being super nervous, like I'm about to go give a huge speech or something. So I figure that feeling is adrenaline. Hope that helps you figure out what's going on!
Bookmark and Share

Offline MistaVega

• Life is great.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2006, 10:22:56 PM »
I've had the same things happen to me, even before I was anxious. I don't think you wake up with it, I think when you wake up you start to think about a bunch of things at once and it triggers those feelings. I've noticed I'm always mentally sensitive in the mornings and more vulnerable towards panic attacks.
Bookmark and Share
My mind is breaching I find it pleasing!

Offline biggyj1967

• Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2006, 07:53:15 AM »
this happened to me on saturday when i woke up... Like I had to do something or something, then the thoughts came and I started to get anxious or something....  :fragend005:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kate1982

• Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2006, 06:54:23 PM »
You might be having panic attacks in your sleep.  I know that sounds wierd but it happens.  I've had the same thing.  It might help to practice relaxation techniques and deep breathing just before you fall asleep. 
Bookmark and Share
My psychology thesis is stressing me out more than my anxiety disorder.

"Worry, doubt, fear and despair are the enemies which slowly bring us down to the ground and turn us to dust before we die." -Douglas Macarthur

Offline Celine

• Rec's: 9
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2006, 07:16:41 PM »
I used to have a similar problem and it was all related to my panic and anxiety. You may want to give CBT a try and see if it helps you. It is very helpful for most anxieties but you have to do your tea forms everyday and learn to change the way you think and eliminate your thinking errors to promote objective thinking for it to work for you. It has helped me and I still do the exercises every morning and feel I am continuing to make more progress after suffering most of my life.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Anxiety530

• Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2006, 05:22:22 PM »
I've had the same thing, does it feel almost like your vibrating, I usually get this in my left arm.  I've had it for awhile but always attributed it to a shoulder injury some months back, maybe a pinched nerve, but I think it probably is an adrenaline rush.  Probably panic attack in sleep from dreaming or being anxious in your sleep.  I just got on some meds after 2 months of panic attacks and extreme anxiety.  I got some ambian for sleep and if I take it I sleep all night and don't wake up like this.  Also before I got the ambian I found that if I took Xanax before bed that worked too.  Just some ideas to help, lack of sleep was making me more anxious I know that much!  Let me know what you think. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Celine

• Rec's: 9
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2007, 11:22:54 PM »
I hope you are feeling better itsjustme  :spineyes:
Bookmark and Share

Tags: