Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: For those worried about brain tumors.  (Read 41869 times)

Offline valleyplayer42

• Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
    • Poke This Member
Re: For those worried about brain tumors.
« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2014, 08:30:46 AM »
What a great post.  Not saying I'm cured of the worry but it helped very much , from 2009 so I'm replying so it posts for all of is worrying that are new on here (even though I'm not new been on here since 2005 lol).
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kmj023

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Busy
    Busy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2014, 10:28:52 AM »
Love this post! It really should be listed in the sticky post. ;)
Bookmark and Share
The only illness that we can't accept is hypochondria

Never Google everyone will catch an invisible tumor

Anxiety is not a doctor Neither is the internet

Don't waste your time living in fear

Offline valleyplayer42

• Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2014, 12:21:09 PM »
Love this post! It really should be listed in the sticky post. ;)

Agreed!!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline crazyinsane

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2015, 08:12:58 PM »
I know this post is old. I  have just posted recently about bt fears and how I have a full eye exam and a non contrast ct and how I felt so good that my eye exam was perfect. Because I read an article saying that could see tumors and aneurysm. But a few said that was untrue. Now I'm back in panic which lead to another er visit .  :traurig001: symptoms: head pressure top of head. Pains in head. Uneven pupils ( started after beginning Celexa) slight headaches. Sometimes pain in back of head. If anyone has any insight please help this is ruining my life  :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline SRD0288

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2015, 10:38:54 PM »
Thank you SO much for this.  :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share

Offline busgirl

• Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #45 on: December 16, 2015, 10:54:35 AM »
Just found this!! Excellent post!
Although it calms me a lot, I still worry. I mean, I've had this headache for six months now, and it's happening more often thru the day/night and a bit more painful. Can't shake it at all. Tylenol eases it a bit, but not completely. Other symptoms that I've thought of recently..  For the past three yrs ( since panic attacks started) hair loss
Weight loss (gradually, but lost 30 lbs when I found out I was pregnant) have slowly started gaining tho.
Sharp (bee sting) sensations in feet hands. Literally feels like a bee sting.
Eye jerks back and forth for a few seconds thru the day, worse at night. Everything seems worse at night...

Since this pregnancy (I'm 29 wks)
Pressure/pain on top of head, slightly off to either side.
Sharp (pinched blood vessel/nerve) sensations on sides and back of head. Starting to feel them in neck and face.
My urine sample at OB has had trace amounts of protein. Also at GP,  when she tested and same results, she said she'd leave it up to my OB on that one. This was before I knew that this could be something bad, so I didn't even ask about it. I'll be bringing it up to my OB next visit tho, if I have the courage.

I think that's it.. I've heard headaches are common with pregnancy, due to hormones and/or the increase of blood flow, usually taking the form of migraines. I have yet to come across a description that fits what I'm feeling tho, in sensation or duration, hence the fear. I've seen doctors, well, two nurse practitioners, an OB, an ER doctor (which said he would suggest a CT, if I weren't pregnant), and two neurologists, of which had two different opinions. I know, freakin overkill. I was better actually, till this last neurologist suggested an mri. Now I'm even more scared... And still waiting for that appointment.
This post did help. I wish I had read it months ago. I just can't shake the fear tho, headaches everyday for this long isn't normal.

Bookmark and Share

Offline SanderosnE1988

Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #46 on: December 16, 2015, 05:19:40 PM »
I have been having pressure on one side of my head and sinus pressure, also my right eye feels like is pushing out of my eye, an i smell things that aren't there and my ear feels full. I'm waiting to see a neurologist. But I have been so worried, a month before this started I had a opticians exam all normal a dentist examined my eye with a light thing an did the can I follow his finger without turning my head and iv seen a ent and had a sinus camera and sinus xray. But no one seems to know what it could be my gp is fantastic but totally dismissed that this could be anxiety and said I'm presenting with some brain tumour symptoms I need to see a neurologist and now I'm freaking out, does anyone know if she's correct or being over cautious. This pressure is intermittent and always only on the right side of my head and more uncomfortable than painfull, I do get sharp zaps in my head also. Any suggestions or anyone experience these symptoms related to anxiety.
Bookmark and Share

Offline busgirl

Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #47 on: December 16, 2015, 09:43:02 PM »
Bump
Bookmark and Share

Offline anxiousally

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #48 on: December 24, 2015, 04:09:17 PM »
I wish this would get stickied. This has been such a huge help for me.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Blu74

• Rec's: 15
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #49 on: December 24, 2015, 04:37:58 PM »
This thread certainly should stay in the forefront of the posts, very informative.  I have never worried about brain tumor until recently with one sided ear ringing and mild headaches but I've had migraines for years, it was the ringing that worried me but I had to rationalize it-which isn't easy to do as we know. 

In terms of headaches most headaches are benign, I've seen a lot of people posting about them.  I've had headaches and migraines since I was a teen, my mother gets them as did her mother so the miracle of genetics plays a part too-if yiu g et headaches alot and are worried, talk to family members chances are you'll find someone who also gets them.  It's usually only bad headaches that come out of nowhere in someone who has never had a headache before that docs get concerned over and even then it can turn out to be nothing.  My husband years ago got a bad headache when he had never had one before, took him to the er, he got an mri and all was well, he was diagnosed with simple migraine and told to chill out a little and de-stress and was given pain meds.  And worrying over a headache....will make it worse, trust me, and by that time you'll be convinced you're dying when it's in fact nothing to worry about.   Sinus, anxiety, stress, muscles (your head has muscles too), sinus infection, head cold, etc can all produce pretty wicked headaches, even pounding headaches.  Can hurt in the back of your head, one side only, your ears, front of your head, can hurt when you cough, etc. all basic headaches.  Even your face can hurt. 
Bookmark and Share

Tags: