Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: physical symptoms of anxiety  (Read 2923 times)

Offline BamaErin

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: physical symptoms of anxiety
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2014, 11:03:37 AM »
Im so thankful I saw this!  My physical symptoms are so bothersome and affect me most of the day, everyday.  If anything it's comforting to know I am not alone.
Bookmark and Share

Offline WishfullnHopefull

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2014, 12:25:39 PM »
i've had physical symptoms that have lasted months--buzzing feet, twitching muscles for example.

As shrub said, you may not consciously that you are anxious, but your body knows.

Also once you have lived in a constant or near constant state of anxiety and the adrenaline is pouring out for long periods of time, you won't need a trigger anymore to get you anxious.  It will be like it is natural for your mind and body to feel uptight.
i agree with this as sone as i wake up in the morning i get symptoms because i have had constant state of anxiety for so long threw out the day i can go to no energy to high energy due to anxiety wears me out its like o no here we go again and the symptoms come on
Bookmark and Share

Offline Braveheart

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2014, 05:50:55 PM »
The first time I started having physical symptoms, I went into full panic mode, which lasted for about 4 days. The physical symptoms were so intense I thought I was dying.  A trip to A&E settled me down when they told me nothing was wrong with my heart or any other organ. However, when I started to feel those feelings of adrenaline again, which is a nightmare for me, even as I type this message,  I was right back on alert and thinking I was about to meet my doom. It's crazy how anxiety plays on your mind. About 8 months ago, not a day went by without me getting horrible feelings, nowadays I can go a week or so without feeling anything at all. I suppose it can depend on your state of mind etc.

Anyway, I hope you feel better and get through your physical symptoms without worrying too much. :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline mama00

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2014, 04:09:29 PM »
When I am anxious - all my senses are on hyperdrive and yes I have very very real symptoms.  Like numbness in my extremities, heart skipping, shortness of breath, coughs, all sort of issues.  Right now I am anxious about my house and I smell stuff all over my house.   Some people can smell it but I smell it 1000x more and it freaks me out.  Anxiety will pretty much make you feel, hear, smell whatever you are afraid off and once you tune yourself to listen to that it will be very LOUD.   
Bookmark and Share

Offline raggamuffin

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2014, 11:12:24 AM »
Days, weeks, months. I even had one symptom that lasted over a year and it was all due to my anxiet. It took a consultant to explain it to me fully and once I accepted ym anxiety and nerves were causing this pain to persist it finally subsided.

What makes it tough is that it can affect any part of the body. Right now i've got some horrid dizziness. Head feels heavy, almost aching - hard to explain. 2 nights ago it was bad rib pain. Earlier this morning - sore stomach muscles. The day before that some bad arm pains. They go away quicker when we keep ourselves busy and try not to react to the pains. Not with emotion or anything of the sort. Accept what it is and move on.

That can be very difficult to do I must admit. When we keep busy the symptoms can lessen or disappear entirely, but sometimes they won't

Ed
Bookmark and Share
Feel free to add me on the book of faces - "Ed Raggamuffin Foulds"

Offline Perchancetosleep

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2014, 01:05:39 PM »
I had severe muscular skeletal symptoms that made it almost impossible to relax my shoulders. I often got told it was fibromyalgia without much more of an explanation. Very frustrating. Unfortunately, (as has been said on here quite a lot) we can be in a constant state of tension without even knowing it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline A_chrislip

• OMG Bono is my Avatar!
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2014, 12:45:59 AM »
Days, weeks, months. I even had one symptom that lasted over a year and it was all due to my anxiet. It took a consultant to explain it to me fully and once I accepted ym anxiety and nerves were causing this pain to persist it finally subsided.

What makes it tough is that it can affect any part of the body. Right now i've got some horrid dizziness. Head feels heavy, almost aching - hard to explain. 2 nights ago it was bad rib pain. Earlier this morning - sore stomach muscles. The day before that some bad arm pains. They go away quicker when we keep ourselves busy and try not to react to the pains. Not with emotion or anything of the sort. Accept what it is and move on.

That can be very difficult to do I must admit. When we keep busy the symptoms can lessen or disappear entirely, but sometimes they won't

Ed

And then sometimes they'll lessen while you keep moving, but the moment you slow down, they return with a vengeance, at least that's been my week this week.
In fact, it's gotten to the point that I'm afraid to sleep or even sit down for long. Last night, it took me an hour to eat half a pork chop and a dozen bites of rice because I kept pacing or putting laundry away and only coming back every great once in a while for a bite. Right now, I'm not sitting in front of the computer, I'm leaning over the chair in a sort of half kneel.
Sorry, to get back on topic a bit more; no, you're not alone on the dizzy, I'm dizzy, it feels like a 'halo of buzzing' from just in front of one temple wrapped around the back of my head to just in front of the other temple. my whole body is tingling slightly, it's hard to focus, my mouth is dry, my chest is tight and hot/cold at the same time, my left arm tingles so bad it almost hurts, my fingers and [forgive my bluntness] penis are numb, my jaw and entire spine are tense and tight. And it keeps coming in waves.
Bookmark and Share
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when my fear is gone I will turn and face fear's path, and only I will remain.

anything