Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Cold water sensations (like cold water running down your skin)  (Read 44780 times)

Offline fubar

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
Cold water sensations (like cold water running down your skin)
« on: October 07, 2006, 10:55:33 AM »
Does anyone ever get the cold running water sensations on their skin?  :traurig001: I noticed that when I was driving the other day, someone pulled out in front of me, I got a little scared, and I felt these feelings in my legs and arms.  Could it be some type of adrenaline rush?  Am I just losing it?  Does anyone else ever feel this?   Well, my cervical MRI was norm, except for a mild disk herniation, doc said this wouldn't cause the facial feelings, brain MRI normal, so whats causing this?  Someone please help me out here, I feel like the hole is getting deeper.  My feelings that I feel on a daily basis is : facial tingling, cold water sensations throughout body, shoulder and neck muscle tension, and heart palpitations.  Any thought would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you  :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share

Offline apple

• Rec's: 14
    • Poke This Member
Re: Cold water sensations (like cold water running down your skin)
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2006, 11:07:40 AM »
Not quit the same but I get cold spots on my body...sometimes I feel like my blood is cold or on fire and I feel it go thru my arms.  This is a part of my anxiety.

Dont know if this helps. 
Bookmark and Share
I hope everyone could suffer less by knowing more

Offline o-ren

• Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2006, 10:07:08 PM »
My hands are ALWAYS cold.  Even if it is 100 degrees outside and my ass is sweating, my hands will be still freezing cold.  However, I get "hot flashes" in my side (ribs/underarm area) that feels like I have a centralized heating vent in my body where it releases hot air.  I feel insecure about it because hot flashes sometimes causes an unusual odour that even I can't stand.  I guess this is where I got my SAD because I would feel embarass going out while experiencing these and I would just dread of the fact that I stink, even though I do not   :speechless-smiley-004:  I am paranoid, I know.   Anyone here have similar experiences?
Bookmark and Share
Im here

Offline fubar

• Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2006, 11:40:40 PM »
Apple, when you say it feels like its going through your veins, Does it feel like cold feelings, about the size around that your vein would be, in a line fashion?  Kinda like when you get a shot, say for instance, a tetanus shot, it kinda burns when the medicine goes in, this is the way mine feels, thats a good way of putting it, now that I think about it, it would feel like someone injecting ice water into my vein, yeah, thats it, good explanantion.  But it only seems that its like this for a few inches, then it quits.  Ok, stop rambling.  Sorry, I just can't seem to figure these feeling out.  I'm trying damn hard, too!!!! Thanks Apple, good night!!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline apple

• Rec's: 14
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2006, 10:43:35 AM »
Yes fubar like its coarsing thru my viens.  Usually I feel it like cold blood or sometimes hot blood going thru my viens.  You have a great way to describe it!!
Bookmark and Share
I hope everyone could suffer less by knowing more

Offline Orbie

• Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2006, 02:51:45 PM »
i get it too, sometimes i get it ontop of my head or my eyes feels like they have it
Bookmark and Share

Offline dizzyjune

• Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2009, 10:38:30 AM »
I know exactly what you're talking about... I get that too.  In fact, my first official panic attack, I felt cold from my cheeks down through my chest.  Like cold water kept pouring down.  That was pretty scary, which lead to more anxiety... not a good situation.  I don't know what causes it, but the only time I've felt it is with anxiety/fear.

Bookmark and Share

Offline clairele

• Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2009, 10:42:38 AM »
so weird, I have just been googling "cold blood" coz when I am anxious/panic, it feels like my blood is running cold, but only in my legs. it's the weirdest sensation and I can't explain it properly. I could almost feel my blood running, (only in my legs) and the blood is icy cold. Weird.
Bookmark and Share

Offline dizzyjune

• Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2009, 04:33:50 PM »
Yeah, that's exactly how it felt for me, too.  Like the blood from my cheeks down through my neck and chest went cold.  It was very strange.  I wonder what can physically cause that sensation.  The things that anxiety can "do" to your body -- it really is amazing when you think about it.  Doesn't feel amazing right now, though, as I'm suffering through a pretty bad tension headache.   :dazed:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Applewine

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2011, 12:50:32 AM »
Fubar,

I goop Ed "water sensations" and found your post. I have these same sensations since 2006. It started with just in the legs. I had some extreme weight gain at the time so thought it was related to that. I also started to experience pain in the buttox when sitting like a piriformis muscle or sciatica from hip muscle needing to be stretched.  I later started to experience stiff shoulder, neck and jaw muscles. I tried for years to find out what it was and eventually saw a doctor who did trams insurance who said it was Lyme disease. I gave treatment a try for 6 months just in case, but then decided it was not Lyme after researching more. Anyway about a couple months into the various antibiotics the buzzing in the buttox came back as well as water sensations, but now they were like small dots of snow flakes and all over instead of a long stream going down my leg. I'm trying to treat the muscle stiffness I have by seeing a physical therapist that does "dry needling" bust honestly don't know what the other symptoms are that started. I have googled and found people describing rain drop sensations, which is what I get. More recently sometimes it is a burning sensation instead of a cool water sensation. Your post is old but you should email me at Lyme dot nexus at ***** *****.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: