Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Your most annoying anxiety symptoms  (Read 23711 times)

Offline Lunatone

• Rec's: 17
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Your most annoying anxiety symptoms
« Reply #180 on: July 31, 2013, 09:21:26 PM »
for me its the OCD-like issues. Keep in mind I never do this kinda thing when not in a panic/anxiety/prepanic anxiety state. I'll get it in my head that I ened to keep checking to see if my boyfriend's coming home. Why? I don't know. I'll go and check the window, sometime as often as ten minutes, even if im taking a bath. I seriously have no idea what the point of all this is. Its not like he comes home at random times; i know exactly when he'll be back (well, give or take a few minutes.) And its not like anything bad would happen if he showed up, with or without me noticing. We get along as fine as any other couple.

And yet there I go, over and over again, even when i know its stupid.  But if for whatever reason I can get passed this, my anxiety shifts. I take long baths, and in these states i'll keep turning the water off, or barely on at all, out of fear i'm bothering my neighbors below. (apartment.)

These are neighbors who routinely blast music so loud, that I can't hear my own things. And I get obsessively worried with a bath wherre the water is so quiet and slow that it'd take 45 minutes to fill up will upset them. But I'll keep doing it, and I don't know why.  Also a note, I have not once gotten a complaint from them, nor filed a complaint about their noise or anything. So its not like im dreading confrontation.

Oh, and just to make this all the more horrible, for a while we didnt have downstairs neighbors. And yet I kept having that exact same reaction.

I can deal with the terror. Im good at that. What I'm not good at is doing things that have no purpose and never could have any real purpose and yet I get incrediblt nervous. Every time I think "No, I'm not going to check the window again" Boom nervous. Dont even skip a beat.

It is...tedious.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Leo99

• Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #181 on: August 01, 2013, 06:53:44 AM »
Intrusive/ running thoughts and depersonalization/derealization. By far  :sick0002:.
Bookmark and Share
From childhood's hour I have not been
As others were; I have not seen
As others saw; I could not bring
My passions from a common spring.
(E. A. Poe)

Offline eyewashstation

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #182 on: August 02, 2013, 04:34:17 PM »
Not knowing where I am or what I'm doing. Feeling of complete confusion and not being able to comprehend what people are saying.
Bookmark and Share

Online crikee57

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 68
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #183 on: August 02, 2013, 05:05:35 PM »
Dizziness and feelings of disorientation. 
Bookmark and Share
It's not what's in front of us that stops us.  It's what's inside that holds us back.

Offline YungEnvy

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #184 on: August 04, 2013, 12:38:43 PM »
head tingling, body trembling. It sucks
Bookmark and Share

Offline cmyers0823

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #185 on: August 05, 2013, 02:58:50 PM »
Depersonalization. I think its the scariest and nastiest symptom ever because it leads to panic.. and goes in a cycle.
Bookmark and Share

Offline chasingdogma

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • How I Choose to Feel is How I Am
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #186 on: August 05, 2013, 04:09:29 PM »
Obsessive thoughts. It's like being stuck on a hamster wheel from hell. What's worse is that when I get stuck in the OT loop, I tune out those around me. The syndrome can definitely take a toll on one's relationship.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mkgirl01

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #187 on: August 06, 2013, 07:03:00 PM »
All of them hahah i can not pick just one i have way to many  :spineyes:
Bookmark and Share

Offline OneFlewOver

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #188 on: August 13, 2013, 02:22:56 PM »
Not being able to read or do simple math. This happens at my job all the time when I write invoices for people. My mind just goes blank. It's so embarrassing. Does this happen to anyone else?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lunatone

• Rec's: 17
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #189 on: August 15, 2013, 08:26:43 PM »
im having another of my most annoying ones.

Im afraid I overdosed on medicine. Basically, here's what happens. I go to take my medicine, but realize i dont know how long its been since I last did. So I come and check and make sure an appropriate amount of time has passed. Then I go and take my medicine. Immediately upon swallowing, I become doubtful, and think I already took them and have now taken too many.

This isn't a one time fear, mind you. this has happened to me many, many times. And not once did I actually overdose. But of course, i have no physical evidence that I didnt take too many. So I start to panic. and, yeah, then I start to claim the panic symptoms are overdose symptoms.

My god this is irritating. Even thoguh I know i did things specifically to avoid this situation, doubt gets to me. See I know right now i likely didnt overdose. Because im already experiencing 'symptoms' minutes after taking them, which would be really not possible. I know its anxiety.

And in about half an hour, I'll no longer know that its just anxiety. Ugh. so I dwell on whether or not i should make myself throw up. Despite, again, never having actually overdosed ever, let alone the times I thought I did. And yet the terror is building. i can tell.
Bookmark and Share

Offline WhatsTheDeal

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #190 on: August 16, 2013, 09:42:23 PM »
I getting scared, irritated, shaky, sweaty, numb, I can cry, I hyperventilate, I feel like I'm going to die!
Bookmark and Share
"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Offline danallen95

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #191 on: August 18, 2013, 03:18:32 AM »
just feeling weird , lightheaded , nervous , and ive tried to explain it to family they think its nothing
Bookmark and Share

Offline danallen95

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #192 on: August 18, 2013, 03:22:05 AM »
sometimes i cant even drive down the street for a simple gas fill up
Bookmark and Share

Offline Smalm

• Live everyday like it's your last for one day will be your last!
  • Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • treatment in progress, better life, no HA!
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #193 on: August 18, 2013, 10:19:15 PM »
no sense of hunger, choking feeling in throat/ lump feeling, shaking uncontrollably (legs & arms), sinking of stomach, insomnia, headache, muscle twitches, lightheaded, hallucinations, that's all I can think of.  :yes:
Bookmark and Share
On medication, which is doing great! I love the major improvements it has made for me and he people around me for when I have anxiety I make others suffer, but not anymore!

Offline jessica92

• Jessica
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #194 on: August 19, 2013, 01:54:19 AM »
I have 2 symptoms that are the most annoying. First, I have to use the bathroom a lot when I'm anxious. The second one is dissociation. I feel like my physical name doesn't match up to myself and I feel really disconnected to my body. I hate both of these symptoms a lot. :/
Bookmark and Share
"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"
- Albus Dumbledore

Tags: