Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: I overcame my anxiety without medication! my story :)  (Read 91860 times)

Offline Cheesus

• Rec's: 34
  • Ha-Hum
    • Poke This Member
Re: I overcame my anxiety without medication! my story :)
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2012, 05:54:06 PM »
The rounded approach that the OP took is spot on. If you want to maybe get a greater insight into how you can begin to approach doing that it might be worth reading my post here:

http://www.anxietyzone.com/index.php?topic=55192.0

Good luck, amigos. There is a life after anxiety ;D
Bookmark and Share
You can't calm the waves, but you can learn to surf!

Basis of Recovery
Intrusive Thoughts
A Philosophy of Anxiety

Offline Preett26

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2013, 05:28:41 AM »
Thank you so much for posting  ;D Im gonna try what you did hopfully anxiety goes away soon!
Bookmark and Share

Offline louispd

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2013, 12:33:30 AM »
I've suffered from general anxiety disorder for about 8 years now. I found this post really inspiring and decided to purchase the three books the OP mentioned. I'm about 1/3 of the way through the workbook, and I must say: IT IS ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE. I can't recommend this book enough for people with GAD, OCD, social anxiety, agoraphobia, etc. My anxiety isn't cured, but I already feel much calmer. The future is looking brighter.

It takes some work, but it is completely worth it. This is my first time posting here, but I really wanted to share with everyone how helpful her suggestion was for the workbook. I'll post again when I get to the other books.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sonar

• Poke This Member
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2013, 01:31:15 AM »
I think your post here is EXTREMELY inspirational and informative. Very uplifting for me, because it hit home in a couple ways.

My anxiety started shortly after going back to college at 21. I've been suffering for almost 2 years now.

I remember having a random panic attack out of nowhere in class, I thought I was going to throw up, I had to just leave. And your mall experience? Two Decembers ago I agreed to go Christmas shopping with a friend. I was fine all evening until we got to the mall. We walked into the packed mall, walked into a store and I remember going into a panic attack. I forgot how to breathe and swallow, I thought I'd faint. We had to leave and my friend took me home and stayed with me for a bit to watch some tv while I relaxed.

So I am definitely going to look into the books you mentioned and try to follow in your example.
Bookmark and Share

Offline virtuousuzy

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2013, 12:41:22 AM »
JasmineCat,

I know you posted this in 2008. But I wanted to check if you have had any anxiety or panic attacks since 2008? I would really like to talk to you more about how you overcame this without medications. That's currently a work in progress for me at the moment, but its becoming difficult day by day. I would really appreciate your reply. Thank you.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Reena44

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
idk what to do
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2013, 01:56:14 PM »
I'm inspired by your story of over coming your anxiety. And i want to do the same but i seem to find that nothing is working. And i refuse to take medication. I feel like I'm going crazy, or my doctor makes me feel like I'm crazy when he tells me i need medication. I also just feel alone my parents don't understand my fear, or anything I'm going through. She just says I'm over reacting or i need to relax but that's something i can't seem to do.(relax) I've tried breathing exercises but it doesn't work. I'm in shape and healthy, i play sports. but i have a feeling i shouldn't do any sports this year because it's getting worse. i can't seem to control it anymore. i feel like it's going to run my whole life.   :( please help me and give me i don't know guidance because i don't know what to do anymore. And you overcame yours so i want to listen to more.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Always@night

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2013, 06:13:12 AM »
Thank you so much for sharing!  It's nice to know that others have made it out of these horrible feelings!  It gives me hope, and I will try some of your methods!
Bookmark and Share

Offline ireneb333

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2013, 06:56:25 AM »
Your story sounds so encouraging.  I have had anxiety for about 6 years now (on and off)  I was on Prestiq for about 3 years and my anxiety was controlled.  The problem with that is that I gained 30 pounds and became extremely constipated.  I came off my meds in August 2013 and was fine until I had an attack in October.  Only lasted a couple of days so then  I tried using the Fisher Wallace stimulator (don't know if you ever heard of it) through the suggestion of a experienced friend and the attacks stopped.  Now 12/12/13 got another attack  and is still going on.  I wake up every morning gagging, the back of neck and arms are numb, feel very week and EXTREMELY NAUSEOUS.  Christmas is coming and I am having 25 people in my house and I don't' know what to do.  Please answer and fast as you can  as you can see I am desperate!  Thanks so much!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Fallingpieces

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2014, 05:55:59 AM »
Please tell. How are you doing now. What dosage of b complex helped?
Bookmark and Share

Offline SadlyConfused

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2014, 05:17:42 PM »
Jasmine, PLEASE tell me how you began to reintroduce yourself...did you do it slowly, how were your first few visits. I REALLY need help, I'm having panic attacks, I've already changed my diet, I need to begin to include the cardio, but its so difficult for me to even leave my house! I ended up in the ER with a heart rate of over 200 and my hands and face completely numb, after that horrible experience I keep thinking its going to happen again. Its only been about a month or two but I NEED to get back to being normal! Please help me! Let me know how to began to re-establish yourself, how your though process was and what you did exactly to get there! This story inspired me so much, that I know there has to be some kind of hope out there for me!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nichlas224

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2014, 03:07:59 PM »
I know its an old post, but i have to say its very inspering and just as i read i felt this butterfly in my stomach all the way to my heart and i had a bit of hope, i havnt felt that in a loooooooooooong time so that was a good feeling, gave me a smile :) im happy you got over it and im hoping i can too, im in a very bad anxiety phase and its ruining my life (read my post if anyone feels like it :) ) and im sorry for the bad gramma but english isnt my natural language haha :) -Stay strong
Bookmark and Share

Offline Saartje

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2014, 09:07:27 PM »
Hello, I am actually reading 'from panic to power' at the moment. So far it seems to be a good book and i recommend it :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Aly231990

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2014, 08:25:22 PM »
I am having the same problem. Nothing is working for me though. I tried anxiety medication, I am reading a book about anxiety, I am drinking tea, and I am seeing a counselor. Any suggestions?
Bookmark and Share

Offline dee_tee

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2014, 03:10:18 PM »
My story sounds very much like yours. I don't want to take medication but nothing is working :(
Bookmark and Share

Tags: