Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: *** When a Post is Moved ***  (Read 3339 times)

Offline GreyGoose

• Administrator
  • Rec's: 38
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Help through caring
    • Poke This Member
*** When a Post is Moved ***
« on: November 10, 2008, 12:03:36 AM »
Greetings

Once in awhile a post will end up in an inappropriate category. For example, let's say I'm a poster with a question about Prozac (but maybe I also happen to be a Hypochondriac - which I in fact am!). Initially, I decide to post my question in the "Medications & Therapy" forum because my question is predominantly about Prozac. But then I suddenly decide that since the Hypochondria forum has 10 times as many threads, perhaps I'd get more (or a faster) replies and so I post my prozac question there. So what happens is that we end up with a zillion posts all concentrated in one forum (the Hypochondria forum) and the other forums start to get a little lonely because they aren't getting any attention :( .

Also, what happens is that folks looking for information in the Medications & Therapy forum miss out on all the medication-related posts that wrongly ended up in the Hypochondria forum. Now it's no secret that the Hypochondria forum is busier than a wild west saloon in the summertime but please don't feel like your being picked on if you post a question about the best way to grill cheeseburgers in the Hypochondria forum and it gets moved to the "General Topics" forum or you post a question about Paxil in the Hypochondria forum and it gets moved to the "Medications & Therapy" forums by either myself or one of the Moderators because it is our job to organize posts here in a way so that topics are easy to find and in relevant categories.

Think of it this way...your looking through a cookbook trying to find a recipe for apple pie but you never find it because the author of the book put it under "Chicken Dishes" instead of "Desserts". A forum works the same way :happy0151: .

- Regards, GreyGoose
Bookmark and Share
Help Through Caring

Offline dannysmiles19

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: *** When a Post is Moved ***
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2013, 01:00:39 AM »
Oh ok
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2013, 06:08:47 AM »
Can I also add in that using swear words in posts will have them removed for good. Please respect the fact that other people have to read your words. Not everybody likes to read swear words. You may be angry when writing your post. You may be fed up. But if you really want help, keep it clean. We don't like having to remove posts. But we have had to remove a few over the past week due to content. Mainly bad language.

Thank You
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline dannysmiles19

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2013, 11:15:50 PM »
I actually made a post that apologized to camel and i guess every moderator. I just...couldn't take how i was feeling...sorry. I won't do it again
Bookmark and Share

Offline camel

• Rec's: 83
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2013, 06:41:15 AM »
Thank you Danny, I read your other post.
I appreciate the apology  :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share

Offline DarkHorse

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2013, 02:06:09 PM »
i know off topic but must admit love the cook book ref by gg....but what if i wanted a chicken and apple pie ? then what :P
Bookmark and Share

Offline superapple

• Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2014, 04:52:10 AM »
I like the idea of them moving now because hypochondria seems to me like its the most popular category and my question in digestive disorders took a while to get answered because everyone wants to focus on the hypochondria category.
Bookmark and Share
If I don't reply to your post send me a PM with the link to the post or send me the message :)

Tags: