Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: cockroach in ears???  (Read 15520 times)

Offline brandons_mom

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
cockroach in ears???
« on: October 14, 2008, 12:07:14 AM »
Hi guys.  I don't know what you will all think of me for posting this, but here it goes.  I live in California in an apartment complex, which to my disgusting dismay, has cockroaches.  I've tried everything.  I keep my house clean and use every roach repellent known to man, but they seem to be getting worse, I don't know why. The cold maybe?  I don't know.  Anyways, there are all sizes.  The bigger ones gross me out the most, but the ones I worry about are the little ones....I keep thinking of my feelings of depersonalization and am wondering if maybe a cockroach has crawled inside my ear!!!! It gives me the creeps and I can't stop thinking about it.  I envision one getting in my ear, eating their way through my eardrum, all three layers of my inner ear and finding its way to my brain.  What if it's laying eggs?? omg, I can't even think of that.  How would a doctor know if there was a baby cockroach in my ear? they're so small.  When I had my CT scan on Friday, the doctor looked into both my ears with his little light, but would he be able to see if there was a roach in there? What are they looking for when they look into your ears?  I really hope I'm just being a spaz about this, but what if I'm not? What if there really is a cockroach in my head and that explains all my symptoms??? Is that why I feel so disconnected and far away from everything?  I can't live here anymore, I am considering going to a motel and telling my landlady about these disgusting creatures. They are so gross.  I feel like I'm going to throw up.

Ash
Bookmark and Share
The belief that one's own reality is the only reality, is the most dangerous of all delusions -Paul Watzlawwick
[/font][/size]

Offline SuperJew26

• SuperJew82
  • Rec's: 3
    • Poke This Member
Re: cockroach in ears???
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2008, 01:34:39 AM »
Although cockroaches are pretty disgusting and feared by most people, this sounds more like a contamination fear of OCD. Some types OCD sufferers are scared of unrealistic ideas.... such as getting aids although they are not sexually active....  I once chatted with a girl who worked as a cashier and she was soo worried that her laser scanner was giving people cancer... just these thoughts appearing out of nowhere......

I would accept these fears as a product of your OCD, and complain to the apartment office about this problem....they should get on top of this.... if they don't , tell them that you are making a offical report to HUD or the health department.... whatever gov org does this in your state... google renters rights and infestations.

But no, there are no bugs in your ears. I promise you this.

Bookmark and Share

Offline SuperJew26

• SuperJew82
  • Rec's: 3
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008, 01:36:59 AM »
btw, i think you are symptom shifting....
Bookmark and Share

Offline Noahs Mom

• Rec's: 12
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2008, 08:07:25 AM »
I gotta agree with SJ as usual!

From personal experience... I once thought I had a roach in my ear because I kept hearing this clicking sound from inside my ear.  It went on for days... This constant clicking, static type noise.  It drove me crazy!  (As if I weren't already there!)  I didn't have health insurance at the time.  After a few nights with no sleep, I found myself downstairs, under the kitchen sink looking for bug killer.  My exhusband was trying to stop me, but couldn't.  I sprayed bug killer into my ear!  (DO NOT DO THIS!! This was extremely painful and wouldn't have worked, and I'm not sure if the Dr was trying to scare me, but he said it could have been fatal!!!!)

Matt, my ex, took me to the ER.  It was some kind of ear drum infection.... it was red, cracked and dry.  No bugs.  He said if there were bugs, I would have been in a TON of pain, not just extremely annoyed. 

That's my bug-in-the-ear story... 
Bookmark and Share
"I will prepare and someday my chance will come." - Abraham Lincoln

Offline Kayteecatt

• Rec's: 11
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2008, 09:02:45 AM »
I don't know anything about cockroaches, but I did have a gnat or something fly into my ear on a bike ride as a kid.  It hurt like a son of a gun, my dad held me down and we waited for the thing to come out on it's own, which it did about 5 minutes later.  I don't think anything wants to burrow, they just end up finding their way back out.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is....even if something had gotten into your ear it would have come out.
Bookmark and Share
Some day the mother ship will arrive and take my HA back to Mars where it belongs.

Offline SilentHoveringOrb

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2008, 11:59:13 AM »
I wouldnt worry... even the smallest common cockroach would barley be able to fit its entire body into your ear canal. As for eating through your eardrum... unless you have lost sensation in your ear, you'd know IMMEDIATLEY.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: