Types of phobias
The English suffix -phobia is used to describe fear or hatred (the latter is often ignored) of a particular thing or subject. Everyday language has established the use of this suffix as a mild or irrational fear with no serious substance; however, its origin is from areas of psychiatry which study serious phobias which disable a person's life. For more information on the psychiatric side of this, including how psychiatry groups phobias as "agoraphobia", "social phobia", or "simple phobia".
The following is a list of words ending in -phobia, or a list of fears that have been given names. In most instances the words listed here are neologisms (made-up words) coined to demonstrate a grasp of Greek word roots rather than descriptions of an actual condition. Only a few of the following terms occur in the medical literature. In many cases, the naming of phobias is a word game.
Most of these terms were devised by adding the suffix -phobia to a Greek word for the object of the fear (some use a combination of a Latin root with the Greek suffix, which some consider linguistically impure).
Some claim that an attempt to create a list of phobias is an irrational endeavor because, theoretically, a person could be conditioned to be afraid of literally anything. See also the phobias category.
* Ablutophobia - Fear of washing or bathing.
* Acarophobia - Fear of itching or of insects whose bites cause itching.
* Acerophobia - Fear of sourness.
* Achluophobia, Lygophobia, Nyctophobia, Scotophobia - Fear of darkness.
* Acousticophobia- Fear of noise.
* Acrophobia, Altophobia - Fear of heights.
* Aerophobia - Fear of drafts, air swallowing or airborne noxious substances.
* Aeroacrophobia - Fear of open high places.
* Aeronausiphobia - Fear of vomiting secondary to airsickness.
* Afrophobia, fear or dislike of Africans or African culture or people of African ancestry
* Agateophobia, Dementophobia, Maniaphobia - Fear of insanity.
* Agliophobia, Algophobia, Odynophobia, Odynephobia - Fear of pain.
* Agoraphobia - Fear of the outdoors, crowds or uncontrolled social conditions.
* Agraphobia, Contreltophobia - Fear of sexual abuse.
* Agrizoophobia - Fear of wild animals.
* Agyrophobia, Dromophobia - Fear of streets or crossing the street.
* Aibohphobia - Fear of palindromes (not necessarily an actual word; aiboh is not of course Greek or Latin for Palindrome, but is simply intended to make the word itself palindromic)
* Aichmophobia, Belonephobia, Enetophobia - Fear of needles or pointed objects.
* Ailurophobia, Elurophobia, Felinophobia, Galeophobia, Gatophobia - Fear of cats.
* Albuminurophobia - Fear of kidney disease.
* Alektorophobia - Fear of chickens.
* Alliumphobia - the abnormal fear of garlic that may extend to a variety of plants characterized by their pungent odor including onions, leeks, chives, and shallots. Allium is the onion genus.
* Allodoxaphobia - Fear of opinions.
* Amathophobia, Koniophobia - Fear of dust.
* Amaxophobia - Fear of riding in a car.
* Ambulophobia, Stasibasiphobia, Stasiphobia - Fear of walking or standing.
* Androphobia - Fear of men.
* Anemophobia - Fear of air.
* Amerophobia, Columbophobia - Fear of the United States, American culture, etc.
* Amnesiphobia - Fear of amnesia.
* Amychophobia - Fear of scratches or being scratched.
* Anablephobia - Fear of looking up.
* Ancraophobia, Anemophobia - Fear of wind.
* Androphobia, Arrhenphobia, Hominophobia - Fear of men.
* Anginophobia - Fear of angina, choking or narrowness.
* Anglophobia - Fear of England, English culture, etc.
* Angrophobia - Fear of anger or of becoming angry.
* Ankylophobia - Fear of immobility of a joint.
* Anthrophobia, Anthophobia - Fear of flowers.
* Anthropophobia - Fear of people or society.
* Antidaeophobia - Fear that somewhere, somehow, a duck is watching you (fictional, from Gary Larson cartoon).
* Antlophobia - Fear of floods.
* Anuptaphobia - Fear of staying single.
* Apeirophobia - Fear of infinity.
* Aphenphosmphobia, Chiraptophobia, Haphephobia, Haptephobia - Fear of being touched.
* Apiphobia, Melissaphobia, Melissophobia - Fear of bees.
* Apotemnophobia - Fear of persons with amputations.
* Aquaphobia - Fear of water, specifically the morbid fear of drowning.
* Arachibutyrophobia - Fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of the mouth.
* Arcanophobia - Fear of magic
* Arachnophobia - Fear of spiders.
* Arithmophobia - Fear of numbers.
* Arsonphobia, Pyrophobia - Fear of fire.
* Asthenophobia - Fear of fainting or weakness.
* Astraphobia, Astrapophobia, Brontophobia, Keraunophobia - Fear of thunder and lightning. It is especially common in young children.
* Astrophobia - Fear of stars and celestial space.
* Asymmetriphobia - Fear of asymmetry.
* Ataxiophobia - Fear of ataxia.
* Ataxophobia - Fear of disorder or untidiness.
* Atelophobia - Fear of imperfection.
* Atephobia - Fear of ruin or ruins.
* Athazagoraphobia - Fear of being forgotten, ignored or forgetting.
* Atomosophobia - Fear of atomic explosions.
* Atychiphobia, Kakorrhaphiophobia - Fear of failure.
* Aulophobia - Fear of flutes.
* Aurophobia - Fear of gold.
* Auroraphobia - Fear of the Northern Lights or for Chileans, Argentinians, Falkland Islanders or Antarctic explorers, fear of the Southern Lights.
* Australophobia, Novahollandiaphobia - Fear of Australia, Australians, Australian culture etc.
* Autodysomophobia - Fear that one has a vile odour.
* Automatonophobia - Fear of any inanimate object that represents a sentient being, eg. statues, dummies, robots, etc.
* Automysophobia - Fear of being dirty.
* Autophobia, Eremophobia, Ermitophibia, Isolophobia, Monophobia - Fear of being alone or fear of oneself.
* Aviophobia, Aviatophobia, Pteromerhanophobia - Fear of flying.
* Bacillophobia, Microbiophobia - Fear of microbes.
* Bacteriophobia - Fear of bacteria.
* Ballistophobia - Fear of missiles or bullets.
* Barleyphobia - Fear of barley.
* Bananaphobia - Fear of bananas.
* Bolshephobia - Fear of Bolsheviks.
* Barophobia - Fear of loss of gravity.
* Basophobia, Basiphobia - Fear of walking or falling.
* Bathmophobia - Fear of stairs or steep slopes.
* Bathophobia - Fear of depth.
* Batophobia - Fear of heights or of being close to high buildings.
* Batrachophobia - Fear of amphibians.
* Belonephobia - Fear of sharply pointed objects, such as needles.
* Bibliophobia - Fear of books.
* Blennophobia, Myxophobia - Fear of slime.
* Bogyphobia - Fear of bogies or the bogeyman.
* Botanophobia - Fear of plants.
* Briophobia- Fear of the human foot.
* Bromidrosiphobia, Bromidrophobia - Fear of body odours.
* Brontophobia, Tonitrophobia - Fear of thunder.
* Bufonophobia - Fear of toads.
* Button phobia - Fear of buttons.
* Cacophobia - Fear of ugliness.
* Cainophobia, Cainotophobia, Cenophobia, Centophobia, Kainolophobia, Kainophobia, Neophobia - Fear of newness, novelty.
* Caligynephobia, Venustraphobia - Fear of beautiful women.
* Cancerophobia, Carcinophobia - Fear of cancer.
* Carbophobia - Fear of carbohydrates (e.g. Atkins diet).
* Cardiophobia - Fear of heart disease.
* Carnophobia - Fear of meat.
* Catagelophobia, Katagelophobia - Fear of being ridiculed.
* Catapedaphobia - Fear of jumping from high and low places.
* Cathisophobia, Kathisophobia, Thaasophobia - Fear of sitting.
* Catoptrophobia - Fear of mirrors.
* Cenophobia - Fear of empty rooms.
* Chaetophobia, Trichopathophobia, Trichophobia, Hypertrichophobia - Fear of hair.
* Cheimaphobia, Cheimatophobia, Psychrophobia - Fear of cold.
* Chelonaphobia - Fear of turtles.
* Chemophobia - Fear of chemicals or working with chemicals.
* Cherophobia - Fear of gaiety.
* Chinophobia - Fear of Chinese people, customs, etc.
* Chionophobia - Fear of snow.
* Chirophobia - Fear of hands.
* Chlorophobia - Fear of the colour green.
* Cholerophobia - Fear of anger or the fear of cholera.
* Chorophobia - Fear of dancing.
* Christophobia - Fear of Christianity
* Chrometophobia, Chrematophobia - Fear of money.
* Chromophobia, Chromatophobia - Fear of colours.
* Chronomentrophobia - Fear of clocks.
* Chronophobia - Fear of time.
* Chrysophobia - Fear or the color orange.
* Cibophobia, Sitophobia, Sitiophobia - Fear of food.
* Cleithrophobia, Cleisiophobia - Fear of being locked in an enclosed place.
* Cleptophobia, Kleptophobia - Fear of stealing.
* Clithrophobia, Cleithrophobia - Fear of being enclosed.
* Cnidophobia - Fear of stings.
* Coimetrophobia - Fear of cemeteries.
* Coitophobia, Genophobia - Fear of coitus.
* Cometophobia - Fear of comets.
* Coprastasophobia - Fear of constipation.
* Coprophobia, Fecophobia, Scatophobia - Fear of feces.
* Coulrophobia - Fear of clowns.
* Counterphobia - The preference by a phobic person for fearful situations.
* Cremnophobia - Fear of precipices.
* Cryophobia - Fear of extreme cold, ice or frost.
* Crystallophobia - Fear of crystals or glass.
* Cyanophobia - Fear of the colour blue.
* Cyberphobia, Logizomechanophobia - Fear of computers or working on a computer.
* Cyclophobia - Fear of bicycles.
* Cymophobia, Kymophobia - Fear of waves or wave-like motions.
* Cynophobia - Fear of dogs or rabies.
* Cypridophobia, Cypriphobia, Cyprianophobia, Cyprinophobia - Fear of prostitutes or venereal disease.
* Claustrophobia - Fear of confined spaces.
* Climacophobia - Fear of stairs or of climbing or falling down stairs.
* Clinophobia - Fear of going to bed.
* Decidophobia - Fear of making decisions.
* Defecaloesiophobia - Fear of painful bowel movements.
* Deipnophobia - Fear of dining or dinner conversations.
* Demonophobia, Daemonophobia - Fear of demons.
* Demophobia, Enochlophobia, Ochlophobia - Fear of crowds.
* Dendrophobia - Fear of trees.
* Dentophobia - Fear of dentists.
* Dermatophobia - Fear of skin lesions.
* Dermatosiophobia, Dermatophobia, Dermatopathophobia - Fear of skin disease.
* Dextrophobia - Fear of objects at the right side of the body.
* Diabetophobia - Fear of diabetes.
* Didaskaleinophobia, Scolionophobia - Fear of going to school.
* Dikephobia - Fear of justice.
* Dinophobia - Fear of dizziness or whirlpools.
* Diplophobia - Fear of double vision.
* Dipsophobia - Fear of drinking.
* Dishabiliophobia - Fear of undressing in front of someone.
* Domatophobia, Eicophobia, Oikophobia - Fear of houses or being in a house.
* Doraphobia - Fear of fur or the skins of animals.
* Doxophobia - Fear of expressing opinions or receiving praise.
* Dutchphobia - Fear of the Dutch.
* Dysmorphophobia - Fear of deformity.
* Dystychiphobia - Fear of accidents.
* Ecclesiophobia - Fear of church.
* Ecophobia - Fear of home.
* Eisoptrophobia - Fear of mirrors or of seeing oneself in a mirror.
* Electrophobia - Fear of electricity.
* Eleutherophobia - Fear of freedom.
* Emetophobia - Fear of vomiting.
* Enetophobia - Fear of pins.
* Enosiophobia, Enissophobia - Fear of having committed an unpardonable sin or of criticism.
* Entomophobia, Insectophobia - Fear of insects. (Also the orchid genus Entomophobia)
* Eosophobia - Fear of dawn or daylight.
* Ephebiphobia - Fear of teenagers.
* Epistaxiophobia - Fear of nosebleeds.
* Epistemophobia, Gnosiophobia - Fear of knowledge.
* Epistolophobia - Fear of writing letters
* Equinophobia, Hippophobia - Fear of horses.
* Ereuthrophobia, Erythrophobia, Erytophobia - Fear of blushing, red lights, or the colour red.
* Ergasiophobia - Fear of work or functioning, or a surgeon's fear of operating.
* Ergophobia - Fear of work.
* Ermitophobia - Fear of being alone, loneliness.
* Erotophobia - Fear of sexual love or sexual questions.
* Erythrophobia - Fear of blushing or the color red.
* Euphobia - Fear of hearing good news.
* Eurotophobia - Fear of female genitalia.
* Europhobia - Fear of Europe, Europeans, or alternatively, the European Union.
* Fearaphobia - Fear of the word fear.
* Febriphobia, Fibriphobia, Fibriophobia, Pyrexiophobia - Fear of fever.
* Fecophobia, Coprophobia, Scatophobia - Fear of feces.
* Ferrumphobia - Fear of Iron and objects made of iron.
* Francophobia, Gallophobia, Galiophobia - Fear of France, French culture, etc.
* Frigophobia - Fear of very cold objects.
* Gamophobia - Fear of marriage.
* Gatophobia - Fear of cats.
* Geliophobia - Fear of laughter.
* Geniophobia - Fear of chins.
* Genuphobia - Fear of knees.
* Gephyrophobia, Gephydrophobia, Gephyrdrophobia, Gephysrophobia - Fear of crossing bridges.
* Gerascophobia - Fear of growing old.
* Germanophobia, Teutophobia - Fear of Germany, German culture, etc.
* Gerontophobia - Fear of old people or of growing old.
* Geumaphobia, Geumophobia - Fear of taste.
* Glossophobia - Fear of speaking in public or of trying to speak.
* Globophobia - Fear of balloons
* Graphophobia - Fear of writing or handwriting.
* Gymnophobia, Nudophobia - Fear of nudity.
* Gynephobia, Gynophobia - Fear of women.
* Hadephobia, Stygiophobia, Stigiophobia - Fear of hell.
* Haemophobia - Fear of blood and bleeding.
* Hagiophobia - Fear of saints or holy things.
* Hamartophobia, Peccatophobia - Fear of sinning.
* Haptophobia - Fear of being touched.
* Harpaxophobia - Fear of being robbed.
* Hedonophobia - Fear of feeling pleasure.
* Hegelophobia - Fear of Hegel.
* Heliophobia - Fear of the sun.
* Hellenologophobia - Fear of Greek terms or complex scientific terminology.
* Helminthophobia - Fear of being infested with worms.
* Hemophobia, Hemaphobia, Hematophobia - Fear of blood or bleeding.
* Heresyphobia, Hereiophobia - Fear of challenges to official doctrine or of radical deviation.
* Herpetophobia - Fear of reptiles.
* Heterophobia, Sexophobia - Fear of the opposite sex.
* Hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia - Fear of the number 666.
* Hierophobia - Fear of priests or sacred things.
* Hippophobia - Fear of horses.
* Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, Sesquipedalophobia - Fear of long words.
* Hobophobia - Fear of bums or beggars.
* Hodophobia - Fear of road travel.
* Hormephobia - Fear of shock.
* Homichlophobia, Nebulaphobia - Fear of fog.
* Homilophobia - Fear of sermons.
* Homophobia - Fear of sameness, monotony, homosexuality or of becoming homosexual.
* Hoplophobia - Fear of firearms.
* Hydrargyophobia - Fear of mercurial medicines.
* Hydrophobia - Fear of water, a symptom of rabies.
* Hydrophobophobia, Kynophobia - Fear of rabies.
* Hyelophobia, Hyalophobia, Nelophobia - Fear of glass.
* Hygrophobia - Fear of liquids, dampness, or moisture.
* Hylephobia - Fear of materialism or the fear of epilepsy.
* Hylophobia - Fear of forests.
* Hypegiaphobia - Fear of responsibility.
* Hypengyophobia - Fear of responsibility.
* Hypnophobia - Fear of sleep or of being hypnotized.
* Hypsiphobia - Fear of height.
* Iatrophobia - Fear of going to the doctor or of doctors.
* Ichthyophobia - Fear of fish.
* Iconophobia - Fear of images or icons.
* Ideophobia - Fear of ideas.
* Illyngophobia - Fear of vertigo.
* Insulaphobia - Fear of being isolated, or alternatively, fear of islands
* Iophobia - Fear of poison.
* Islamophobia - Fear of Islam.
* Islandophobia - Fear of Iceland, Icelandic culture, etc.
* Isopterophobia - Fear of termites or other insects that eat wood.
* Ithyphallophobia - Fear of seeing, thinking about or having an erect penis.
* Japanophobia, Nipponophobia - Fear of the Japanese.
* Judeophobia - Fear of Jews.
* Katikomindicaphobia - Fear of the RNI (Resident Non-Indian).
* Kenophobia - Fear of voids or empty spaces.
* Keraunophobia - Fear of lightning.
* Kinetophobia, Kinesophobia - Fear of movement or motion.
* Klismaphobia - Fear of Enemas.
* Kneemaphobia - Fear of the knee bending backwards.
* Koinoniphobia - Fear of rooms.
* Kolpophobia - Fear of genitals, particularly female.
* Kopophobia - Fear of fatigue.
* Kosmikophobia - Fear of cosmic phenomena.
* Kyphophobia - Fear of stooping.
* Lachanophobia - Fear of vegetables.
* Laliophobia, Lalophobia - Fear of speaking.
* Leporiphobia - Fear of rabbits.
* Leprophobia, Lepraphobia - Fear of leprosy.
* Leukophobia - Fear of the colour white.
* Levophobia - Fear of things to the left side of the body.
* Librophobia - Fear of having to balance.
* Ligyrophobia - Fear of loud noises.
* Lilapsophobia - Fear of tornadoes and hurricanes.
* Limnophobia - Fear of lakes.
* Linonophobia - Fear of string.
* Liticaphobia - Fear of lawsuits.
* Lockiophobia, Maieusiophobia, Parturiphobia - Fear of childbirth.
* Logophobia - Fear of words.
* Luiphobia, Syphilophobia - Fear of syphilis.
* Lutraphobia - Fear of otters.
* Lyssophobia - Fear of rabies or of becoming insane.
* Macroxenoglossophobia - Fear of long, strange words.
* Macrophobia - Fear of long waits.
* Maimouphobia, Pithikosophobia - Fear of monkeys.
* Mageirocophobia - Fear of cooking.
* Malaxophobia, Sarmassophobia - Fear of love play.
* Maniaphobia - Fear of going insane.
* Mastigophobia, Poinephobia - Fear of punishment.
* Mechanophobia - Fear of machines.
* Medomalacuphobia - Fear of losing an erection.
* Medorthophobia - Fear of an erect penis.
* Megalophobia - Fear of large objects.
* Melanophobia - Fear of the colour black.
* Melophobia - Fear or hatred of music.
* Meningitophobia - Fear of a masturbation disease.
* Menophobia - Fear of menstruation.
* Merinthophobia - Fear of being bound or tied up.
* Metallophobia - Fear of metal.
* Metathesiophobia - Fear of changes.
* Meteorophobia - Fear of meteors.
* Methyphobia, Potophobia - Fear of alcohol.
* Metrophobia - Fear or hatred of poetry.
* Mikatikoindicaphobia - Fear of the NRIs (Non-Resident Indians).
* Microphobia, Mycrophobia - Fear of small objects.
* Misophobia, Molysmophobia, Molysomophobia, Mysophobia, Verminophobia - Fear of being contaminated with dirt or germs.
* Mnemophobia - Fear of memories.
* Monophobia - Fear of being alone, or of feeling alone.
* Monopathophobia - Fear of a specific disease.
* Motorphobia - Fear of automobiles.
* Mottephobia - Fear of moths.
* Musicophobia - Fear of music.
* Musophobia, Murophobia, Suriphobia - Fear of mice and/or rats.
* Mycophobia - Fear or aversion to mushrooms.
* Myrmecophobia - Fear of ants.
* Mysophobia - Fear of dirt.
* Mythophobia - Fear of myths, stories or false statements.
* Necrophobia - Fear of death or dead things.
* Neopharmaphobia - Fear of new drugs.
* Neophobia - Fear of the new.
* Nephophobia - Fear of clouds.
* Nihilophobia - Fear of (absolutely) nothing.
* Noctiphobia - Fear of the night.
* Nomatophobia - Fear of names.
* Nosocomephobia - Fear of hospitals.
* Nosophobia, Nosemaphobia - Fear of becoming ill.
* Nostophobia - Fear of returning home.
* Novercaphobia - Fear of one's stepmother.
* Nucleomituphobia - Fear of nuclear weapons.
* Numerophobia - Fear of numbers.
* Nyctohylophobia - Fear of dark, wooded areas.
* Nyctophobia - Fear of the dark, of night or of nightfall.
* Obesophobia, Pocrescophobia - Fear of gaining weight.
* Ochophobia - Fear of vehicles.
* Octophobia - Fear of the figure 8.
* Odontophobia - Fear of teeth or dental surgery.
* Oenophobia - Fear of wine.
* Oicophobia - Fear of houses.
* Olfactophobia, Osmophobia, Osphresiophobia - Fear of smells.
* Ombrophobia, Pluviophobia - Fear of rain or of being rained on.
* Ommetaphobia, Ommatophobia - Fear of eyes.
* Oneirophobia - Fear of dreams.
* Oneirogmophobia - Fear of wet dreams.
* Onomatophobia - Fear of hearing certain words or names.
* Ophidiophobia - Fear of snakes.
* Ophthalmophobia - Fear of being stared at.
* Opiophobia - A medical doctor's fear of prescribing pain medications for patients.
* Optophobia - Fear of opening one's eyes.
* Ornithophobia - Fear of birds.
* Ortographobia - Fear of spelling mistakes.
* Orthophobia - Fear of property.
* Ostraconophobia - Fear of shellfish.
* Ouranophobia, Uranophobia - Fear of heaven.
* Pagophobia - Fear of ice or frost.
* Panthophobia - Fear of suffering and disease.
* Panophobia, Pantophobia - Fear of everything.
* Papaphobia - Fear of the Pope.
* Papyrophobia - Fear of paper.
* Paralipophobia - Fear of neglecting duty or responsibility.
* Paraphobia - Fear of sexual perversion.
* Parasitophobia - Fear of parasites.
* Paraskavedekatriaphobia - Fear of Friday the 13th.
* Parthenophobia - Fear of virgins or young girls.
* Pathophobia - Fear of disease.
* Patroiophobia - Fear of heredity.
* Pediculophobia, Phthiriophobia - Fear of lice.
* Pediophobia - Fear of dolls.
* Pediphobia, Pedophobia - Fear of children.
* Peladophobia - Fear of bald people.
* Pellagrophobia - Fear of pellagra.
* Peniaphobia - Fear of poverty.
* Pentheraphobia - Fear of one's mother-in-law.
* Phagophobia - Fear of swallowing, eating or of being eaten.
* Phalacrophobia - Fear of becoming bald.
* Phallophobia - Fear of a penis, esp. erect.
* Pharmacophobia - Fear of taking medicine.
* Phasmophobia, Spectrophobia - Fear of ghosts.
* Phengophobia - Fear of daylight or sunshine.
* Philemaphobia, Philematophobia - Fear of kissing.
* Philophobia - Fear of falling in love or being in love.
* Philosophobia - Fear of philosophy.
* Phobophobia - Fear of phobias.
* Photoaugliaphobia - Fear of glaring lights.
* Photophobia - Fear of light (also refers to aversion to light due to an inflamed/painful eye or excessively dilated pupils)
* Phonophobia - Fear of noises, voices, one's own voice or of telephones.
* Phronemophobia - Fear of thinking.
* Phthisiophobia, Tuberculophobia - Fear of tuberculosis.
* Placophobia - Fear of tombstones.
* Plutophobia - Fear of wealth.
* Pneumatiphobia - Fear of spirits.
* Pnigophobia, Pnigerophobia - Fear of choking or being smothered.
* Pnumonomicroscopicsilicovolcanocoviosophobia - Fear of a lung disease caused by coal dust.
* Pogonophobia, Pognophobia - Fear of beards.
* Poliosophobia - Fear of contracting poliomyelitis.
* Politicophobia - Fear or abnormal dislike of politicians.
* Polonophobia - Hatred of Poles.
* Polyphobia - Having many phobias.
* Ponophobia - Fear of overworking or of pain.
* Porphyrophobia - Fear of the colour purple.
* Potamophobia - Fear of rivers or running water.
* Pharmacophobia - Fear of drugs.
* Proctophobia, Rectophobia - Fear of the rectum or of rectal diseases.
* Prosophobia - Fear of progress.
* Psellismophobia - Fear of stuttering.
* Psychophobia - Fear of the mind.
* Pteronophobia - Fear of being tickled by feathers.
* Pupaphobia - Fear of puppets.
* Pyrophobia - Fear of fire.
* Quadraphobia - Fear of quartets or of being drawn and quartered.
* Quadrataphobia - Fear of quadratic equations.
* Radiophobia - Fear of radiation or X-rays.
* Ranidaphobia - Fear of frogs.
* Retrophobia - Fear of old things or traveling back in time.
* Retterophobia - Fear of wrongly chosen letters.
* Rhabdophobia - Fear of being severely punished or beaten with a rod, or of being severely criticized. Also fear of magic.
* Rhinophobia - Fear of noses.
* Rhodophobia - Fear of the colour red.
* Rhypophobia - Fear of defecation.
* Rhytiphobia - Fear of getting wrinkles.
* Rupophobia - Fear of dirt.
* Russophobia - Hatred of Russians.
* Samhainophobia - Fear of Halloween.
* Satanophobia, Orcusophobia - Fear of Satan.
* Scabiophobia - Fear of scabies.
* Scatophobia, Fecophobia, Coprophobia - Fear of feces.
* Scelerophibia - Fear of bad men, burglars.
* Sciophobia, Sciaphobia - Fear of shadows.
* Scoleciphobia, Vermiphobia - Fear of worms.
* Scopophobia, Scoptophobia - Fear of being seen or stared at.
* Scotomaphobia - Fear of blindness in visual field.
* Scriptophobia - Fear of writing in public.
* Sedatephobia - Fear of silence.
* Selachophobia - Fear of sharks.
* Selaphobia - Fear of light flashes.
* Selenophobia - Fear of the moon.
* Seplophobia - Fear of decaying matter.
* Sesquipedalophobia - Fear of long words.
* Siderodromophobia - Fear of trains, railroads or train travel.
* Siderophobia - Fear of stars.
* Sitophobia - Fear of food.
* Sinistrophobia - Fear of things to the left of oneself.
* Sinophobia - Fear of the Chinese, Chinese culture, etc.
* Soceraphobia - Fear of parents-in-law.
* Social Phobia - Fear of being evaluated negatively in social situations.
* Sociophobia - Fear of society or people in general.
* Somniphobia - Fear of sleep.
* Sophophobia - Fear of learning.
* Soteriophobia - Fear of dependence on others.
* Spacephobia - Fear of outer space.
* Spamophobia - Fear of Spam.
* Spectrophobia - Fear of mirrors.
* Spermatophobia or Spermophobia - Fear of sperm.
* Spheksophobia - Fear of wasps.
* Staurophobia - Fear of crosses or crucifixes.
* Stenophobia - Fear of narrow things or places.
* Stephanophobia - Fear of crowns
* Suriphobia - Fear of mice.
* Symbolophobia - Fear of symbolism.
* Symmetrophobia - Fear of symmetry.
* Syngenesophobia - Fear of relatives.
* Syphiliphobia - Fear of syphilis.
* Tachophobia - Fear of speed.
* Taeniophobia, Teniophobia - Fear of tapeworms.
* Taphephobia, Taphophobia - Fear of being buried alive or of cemeteries.
* Tapinophobia - Fear of being contagious.
* Taurophobia - Fear of bulls.
* Technophobia - Fear of technology.
* Teleophobia - Fear of definite plans or of religious ceremony.
* Telephonophobia - Fear of telephones.
* Teratophobia - Fear of bearing a deformed child, of monsters or of deformed people.
* Teratrophobia - Fear of monsters.
* Testophobia - Fear of taking tests.
* Tetanophobia - Fear of tetanus or lockjaw.
* Textophobia - Fear of certain fabrics.
* Thalassophobia - Fear of the sea.
* Thanatophobia, Thantophobia - Fear of death or dying.
* Theatrophobia - Fear of theatres.
* Theologicophobia - Fear of theology.
* Theophobia - Fear of gods or religion.
* Thermophobia - Fear of heat.
* Tocophobia - Fear of pregnancy or childbirth.
* Tomophobia - Fear of surgical operations.
* Tonsurephobia - Fear of haircuts.
* Topophobia - Fear of certain places or situations, such as stage fright.
* Toxiphobia, Toxophobia, Toxicophobia - Fear of poison or of being accidentally poisoned.
* Traumatophobia - Fear of injury.
* Tremophobia - Fear of trembling.
* Trichinophobia - Fear of trichinosis.
* Triskaidekaphobia - Fear of the number 13. Having a superstition.
* Tropophobia - Fear of moving or making changes.
* Turophobia - Fear of cheese.
* Trypanophobia - Fear of injections.
* Tyrannophobia - Fear of tyrants.
* Uranophobia - Fear of the heavens.
* Urophobia - Fear of urine or urinating.
* Vaccinophobia - Fear of vaccination.
* Venustraphobia - Fear of beautiful women.
* Verbophobia - Fear of words.
* Vestiphobia - Fear of clothing.
* Virginitiphobia - Fear of rape.
* Vitricophobia - Fear of one's stepfather.
* Vuteuthindion - Fear of picnics.
* Walloonphobia - Fear of the Walloon people or their languages.
* Wiccaphobia - Fear of witches and witchcraft.
* Xanthophobia - Fear of the colour yellow or the word yellow.
* Xenoglossophobia - Fear of foreign languages.
* Xenophobia - Fear of strangers or foreigners.
* Xerophobia - Fear of dryness.
* Xylophobia - Fear of wooden objects or fear of forests.
* Xyrophobia - Fear of razors.
* Ymophobia - Fear of contrariety.
* Zoophobia - Fear of animals.
The information above is not intended
for and should not be used as a substitute for the diagnosis and/or treatment
by a licensed, qualified, health-care professional. This article is licensed
under the GNU Free Documentation
License. It incorporates material originating from the Wikipedia article
2012 Anxiety Zone - Anxiety Disorders
Forum. All Rights Reserved.